Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forensic investigators comb over house where missing Calgary trio was last seen

amberalert-1_jeremynolais.jpg

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...use-where-missing-calgary-trio-was-last-seen/

Sorry for quoting myself.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me where this is in their yard - my sense of direction is off here.

I wonder what is of interest to this forensic examiner

I'm sure someone has mentioned it and probably linked it before but her user name on Pinterest- Quantum Klik- leads to a .com website of the same name. What is the significance of all the domains she has listed there? I ask as the most un-tech/web savvy person there is. BTW her user name is pretty awesome. How lucky that her initials all tie in to savvy web marketing.

I don't know what to make of it. I think she had purchased, or found, a website template and was trying to promote herself as a website designer, or to sell the websites that she built using the template.

Upthread someone found a kijiji advert placed with a pic of a black dog. There seemed to be a family dog at one point, and we have questioned if they still had that dog or what happened to that dog.

Sorry, I am behind and trying to catch up. The first kijiji ad we saw (large cupcake holder item) had a large black dog in the photo. The listing said something like, "cute pup not included." Many of us have wondered whose dog that was and where he or she is. There was at least one other kijiji ad that claimed there were no pets in the home so it could be that the cupcake holder and dog photographed beside it belonged to a family member or friend who was "piggybacking" his or her items in the sale.

Hi everyone, taking a break from preparing a mock crown brief for class, I was so hoping there would be a break by now. I am in ontario and have never been out west. I was wondering if there are any wooded areas near the scene?
I know that's a long shot but I have a hard time accepting that if this was indeed a stranger issue / botched home invasion, they would harm Nathan. I was just wondering if there are any back road type areas that a suspect could of possibly let the little guy out? It's one thing to harm an adult even in an event that was premeditated, a child on the other hand.... Maybe it's just that in the very least I hope Nathan is found unharmed and okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an aerial map of the city block, and the general area

Sorry for quoting myself.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me where this is in their yard - my sense of direction is off here.

I wonder what is of interest to this forensic examiner

It might be in the back yard, opposite side than the side door.

There are over 110 people on little Nathan and the Liknes' thread right now.

Please consider joining the conversation. We need all the help we can get.

LE needs to release screen shots from their CCTV footage. I am sure they have video of the vehicle.

Thank you so much Otto! I would hope they are scouring that area to the left of the arial shot. I know it's kind of far fetched to think they would just let a five year old boy go but I have hope. If they (the suspect(s) ) just wanted money / valuables in the first place letting Nathan go not too far (but remote enough) from the scene with the hopes he would find his way back to the area or that he would be alright? Again sorry if I am going way off base here. All is IMO

There are over 110 people on little Nathan and the Liknes' thread right now.

Please consider joining the conversation. We need all the help we can get.

LE needs to release screen shots from their CCTV footage. I am sure they have video of the vehicle.

They probably have the vehicle on CCTV. The point now is to narrow down the time that this happened so they know what times to look at.

Police have asked everyone that made a purchase at the estate sale at 123 38A Ave SW Calgary on the weekend of June 28-29 to go to the Parkhill community centre tomorrow, Parkhill Community Centre on Thursday, July 3rd. They are asked to photograph the purchase and bring it to the community centre. Hopefully they'll have printing services, or download options.

"Investigators will be on hand between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m., and are asking anyone who purchased an item at the sale to bring a photo of that item to the community hall meeting."

Parkhill Stanley Park Community Hall is located at:

4013 Stanley Road S.W.Calgary, AB. T2S 2P5

http://www.parkhillstanleypark.ca/hall_facilities.htm

http://globalnews.ca/news/1425164/5-year-old-grandparents-disappear-from-southwest-calgary-home/

Given the above request for photos, we know investigators are working several angles, so that must be the "estate sale robbery" angle. It might be someone that scoped out the house on the weekend, and returned to rob the couple. I think it would be very unusual for a robber to kidnap three people. Murder I can understand, but not removing the bodies. Kidnapping doesn't make sense in a robbery either. Masks make sense at a robbery.

Has a canine unit been brought to the L home yet?

The family was in the front yard, the back yard, the garage, and the park on Sunday afternoon. In addition, they had numerous people traipsing through their house. I don't think dogs could do anything except run in circles under the circumstances.

Given the above request for photos, we know investigators are working several angles, so that must be the "estate sale robbery" angle. It might be someone that scoped out the house on the weekend, and returned to rob the couple. I think it would be very unusual for a robber to kidnap three people. Murder I can understand, but not removing the bodies. Kidnapping doesn't make sense in a robbery either. Masks make sense at a robbery.

That's what I've been saying since the estate sale info came about.
Also I zoomed in on the "marker 15 blood spatter" picture , did anyone else notice in the right foreground (near the right corner) there appears to be more droplets of blood?

This paints a horrific picture for one of the three in my head :(

Any bodies of water nearby?
Any chance they went for a late, hot night, stroll and landed into trouble?

If I am not mistaken, the Elbow River is not far from the L's house.

Sorry if this has been answered! I am in catch up mode :p

Thank you so much Otto! I would hope they are scouring that area to the left of the arial shot. I know it's kind of far fetched to think they would just let a five year old boy go but I have hope. If they (the suspect(s) ) just wanted money / valuables in the first place letting Nathan go not too far (but remote enough) from the scene with the hopes he would find his way back to the area or that he would be alright? Again sorry if I am going way off base here. All is IMO

That's an interesting thought. There's a road that goes West of the city, connecting with roads that go South to the border. There was an 11 year old girl that was abducted and left to walk home in summer clothing in bear country at dark on a cold night. She was lucky that a hunting group had stayed too late that evening too. They picked her up. She would not have survived the night. It's not that cold in the foothills and mountains right now. Maybe people West of the city should look around the trails. With the 11 year old girl, the intent was to leave her in a sitaution where she would die, but not kill her.

I'll see if I can find the map again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member