Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is not sitting right with me about this 10pm drop off time. At first I thought maybe mom was going to work - an 11pm shift maybe- and needed childcare. Now I see there are two other sons. Does anyone know why just Nathan stayed over? Are the other boys significantly older?

It could be that the daughter was helping with the sale, her son wanted to have a sleepover and so he stayed overnight with his grandparents and she went home.

I can still see all three pages.

Darkness has just settled in here in Calgary and I'm so upset that this little boy is out there somewhere.

Financial crisis may have affected business

Whitemark Homes, a Florida based company (OTCBB:WTMK), announces

its Company shareholder update. Due to the recent turmoil of the

credit crisis in the financial markets and the difficulties in the

economy, there has been a delay in the closing of the merger

acquisition of Bluesky Oil and Gas Corp. The Company fully intends to

close the deal before year end.

Bluesky, an Alberta based company, is a natural gas production

company that utilizes a propriety and patented technology to produce

natural gas from preexisting gas wells primarily in areas of Northern

Alberta that have limited access to. Alvin Liknes, CEO and President

of Bluesky Oil and Gas Corp., has developed a patented proprietary

pump system for removing formation fluids from a "liquid loaded" gas

well. The VRSL De-watering System automatically pumps the water off

the well with limited input by the well operators utilizing the gas

from the well or solar energy to provide the power to operate the

system.

http://www.euroinvestor.com/news/20...mes-inc-announces-shareholder-update/10033692

After reading the comments, I understand that the family lives in an affluent part of the city, that they are well to do and probably don't need to work again, that they had decided to liquidate their assets and retire in a nice warm place (maybe Mexico), that they may have had an awful lot of cash on hand at the end of the weekend, and that sometime between 10PM Sunday and 10AM Monday, they vanished without a vehicle.

I suspect that their bank accounts are being checked - at least that's the first thing I would check. This could be a robbery that will result in murder to hide the identity of whomever is behind this.

Global News Calgary 11pm
Neighbours say Estate sale started Fri went to Sunday
One neighbour said they were moving to northern Alberta
Another neighbour says they were moving to USA and then Mexico

Global News Calgary 11pm
Neighbours say Estate sale started Fri went to Sunday
One neighbour said they were moving to northern Alberta
Another neighbour says they were moving to USA and then Mexico

I don't think anyone in their right mind would retire to Northern Alberta, but perhaps the family did not want to communicate their plans to the neighbours.

So terrible

The couple were not being considered suspects in an abduction at this stage, Brookwell said. Police were considering the possibility that other people were involved in the disappearance.

Cliff Liknes had no doubt his brother had not abducted Nathan.

“He loved the child to death,” he said.

“That’s his boy. There’s something not right here and we don’t know (what it is).

“I sure hope they find the little guy and my brother and his wife.”

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...gary+couple+their+grandson/9989542/story.html

Hi guys! Just as a sort of side note; my brother lives in a small town in upstate NY. A couple of years ago, an older gentleman put an add on (I believe) Craig's list, selling antiques. A couple came and looked and said if they were interested they would come back. And come back they did, the next day in a rental car, and he of course, answered the door as he recognized them from the day prior, and they killed him, stole what they wanted and basically were unable to be traced. The car was rented in fake names, and of course, no one recognized them. With these people having had a sale, who knows who may have been in the house. And just as an added note, be very careful when you advertise and agree to meet people. You never really know who people are. Scary thought, but we are living in very scary times, unfortunately. Thanks, Katt

Biography
I am married with 2 children (4 step and 11 grandchildren (10 Step and 1 of my own), I graduated man

Interests
Internet, Walking, Hanging out with my Grandchildren

Occupation
Website Marketing

Twitter
kliknes

FaceBook
kathryn liknes

Twitter
kliknes

http://www.warriorforum.com/members/kliknes.html

I don't think anyone in their right mind would retire to Northern Alberta, but perhaps the family did not want to communicate their plans to the neighbours.

LOL it is beautiful country but the mosquitos can carry you to their den. You may be right that they did not want neighbours to know of their plans.

This event is just as bizarre as this one: couple murdered in their own home and scene staged to appear like accidental carbon monoxide poisoning

http://globalnews.ca/news/1417889/reward-offered-in-double-homicide-of-calgary-couple/

If there was not a 5 year old child involved with this case, it might end up like the other case, which is unsolved. Hopefully the fact that there is a child missing will result in greater resources being put into solving this disappearance.

Biography
I am married with 2 children (4 step and 11 grandchildren (10 Step and 1 of my own), I graduated man

Interests
Internet, Walking, Hanging out with my Grandchildren

Occupation
Website Marketing

Twitter
kliknes

FaceBook
kathryn liknes

Twitter
kliknes

http://www.warriorforum.com/members/kliknes.html

I wonder if that one, was Nathan?

From 10pm to 10am is a pretty narrow window of time. Surely some neighbor had to have heard or seen something.....a noise, something loud that woke them up at a certain time (even if they weren't sure what it was), a vehicle door shut, a car starting, headlights, lights turned on in the house, something.

Sunrise in Calgary @ this time of year is 5:25am so IMO whatever happened to them happened between midnight and 5am. I say midnight because lots of people are still awake/watching the 11pm news. Lots probably took today off work as tomorrow is a holiday here (to make it a true long weekend) though obviously not everyone would be able to.

I'd assume they'd have brought in tracking dogs?

There are obviously a lot of details, pretty key details, that we're just not privy to. My guess/gut says, based on the limited details that have been released (and reading between the lines), there were signs of violence in the home (blood etc) and that's why the homicide team was called in so quickly.

Sure hope LE are investigating neighbors as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member