CANADA Canada - Amber Manthorne, 40, Port Alberni, BC, 6 July 2022

I'm wondering if there's a chance there's a connection between these cases. Both women are in a similar age range, both blonde and both disappearances linked with the Nanaimo area. I believe Amber was headed in that direction and so was Laura. Both also seem to have vanished without a trace from what we do know. I'm not saying they are for sure connected or that there's any connection at all, it's just a thought more than a theory at this point.

CANADA - Canada - Laura Huebner 47, Victoria Inter Airport, poss in Nanaimo, Vancouver, BC, 24 Apr 2022

re post
Aug 9 2022
1661904650023.png
Amber Manthorne is described as a white woman with a slim build who stands roughly five feet tall with blonde hair. (Facebook/Amber Dawn Grace)

''Her abandoned Jeep was found two days later in Cassidy, B.C., just south of Nanaimo.''

Justin Hall, Amber's ex boyfriend, who was the last person to see her, has died.

Two days before the 1st year anniversary of her disappearance. There doesn't appear to have been any foul play associated with his death, it's not under police investigation.

Justin Hall, Amber's ex boyfriend, who was the last person to see her, has died.

Two days before the 1st year anniversary of her disappearance. There doesn't appear to have been any foul play associated with his death, it's not under police investigation.

I wonder if it was suicide, just days away from the one-year anniversary of her 'going missing'.

1688859206615.png
''In the period following her disappearance, the community of Port Alberni came out in the hundreds to search for Amber. One year later, Amber’s pink missing poster is still posted in local shops and restaurants and a large banner hangs along the main road through town.''

''When Amber Manthorne first vanished, authorities believed her to be in her 2021 white Jeep Compass in the company of her boyfriend Justin Hall. Her vehicle was found on July 8 abandoned on a rural road near Cassidy (outside of Nanaimo). Hall surfaced days later.

In an email to CHEK news, Hall stated that he and Manthorne argued that night, but that he did not hurt her. No one has been charged in connection with Amber’s disappearance.''

Attachments

• 1688859028499.png
    1688859028499.png
    439.3 KB · Views: 1
I've been unable to pinpoint the exact location her vehicle was found south of Nanaimo "Mcgillivray logging road in Cedar", but I'm wondering how the person who abandoned it there, got away. It'd be a long walk to any kind of transit (and some people don't do transit). Did they call a friend? Or had they already called a friend whem they were somewhere else, and the friend knew about this place?

JH was staying in Nanaimo when he first emerged and spoke to the media.

JMO

ETA there's no Uber or equivalent there

Last edited:
The missing poster dotr shows upthread says "Cassidy (where car was found)"

The article in same post says "... abandoned on a rural road near Cassidy (outside of Nanaimo)..."

Regardless, you make an excellent point -- how did anyone get from a rural road to anywhere/somewhere without assistance.

Snipped...
...before efforts shifted to a gravel pit west of Cassidy — close to Timberlands and Ninatti roads — where her 2021 Jeep Compass was found July 10, more than 100 kilometres from her home.

DBM...

ETA>where is Amber??

Last edited:
Snipped...
...before efforts shifted to a gravel pit west of Cassidy — close to Timberlands and Ninatti roads — where her 2021 Jeep Compass was found July 10, more than 100 kilometres from her home.

Thanks, that's a much wilder place than Cedar. Seems to me it was left as close to the highway as possibly, while still being little chance of anyone seeing you leave it there, or quickly finding it.

Screenshot_20230708-192652_Maps.jpg

An hours walk to the airport, and a $40 cab into Nanaimo? Possible, I guess..

I'm mostly wondering whether anyone knows something, who might now be willing to talk...

JMO

Obit for the ex...makes him sound like quite the philanthropist...

I don't think this obit is real. I've been in touch with a family member. As far as I know, there was no obituary posted by them. I spotted another fake obit at some point for Justin as well.

I'm wondering if there's a chance there's a connection between these cases. Both women are in a similar age range, both blonde and both disappearances linked with the Nanaimo area. I believe Amber was headed in that direction and so was Laura. Both also seem to have vanished without a trace from what we do know. I'm not saying they are for sure connected or that there's any connection at all, it's just a thought more than a theory at this point.

CANADA - Canada - Laura Huebner 47, Victoria Inter Airport, poss in Nanaimo, Vancouver, BC, 24 Apr 2022
In my opinion, there is likely no connection.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back