Missing Since: October 18, 2008 from Portage LaPrairie, Manitoba
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: n/a
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Race: White

Russell Williams was there. Has anyone considered this...Looked into this as a possibility? He was mere kilometers from her ex-boyfriend's home. There. Right there.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-want-help-in-amber-mcfarland-homicide-case-1.2803710

The Portage la Prairie woman was last seen during the early morning of Oct. 18, 2008. Surveillance video shows her with two men inside a hotel beer vendor in that city. Her empty car was found in the parking lot...

Two people were arrested in 2009, including her boyfriend, who was one of the men in the surveillance video with her.

RCMP had initially searched the boyfriend's residence in the fall of 2008, then new evidence prompted them to return and dig up his backyard. But both men arrested were later released without being charged. Despite not finding McFarland, RCMP in 2009 declared the case to be a homicide, but they never revealed what prompted that decision.

RCMP highlight 6 cases on National Missing Children's Day
May 25, 2015 2:28 PM CT

"It's critical that we keep missing children's stories in the public eye because there's always hope that someone will do the right thing and come forward with new information that could lead to a missing child being located," Christy Dzikowicz, director of Missing Children Services at the Canadian Centre, said in a release.

Amber's is among the cases being highlighted.

Russell Williams was there. Has anyone considered this...Looked into this as a possibility? He was mere kilometers from her ex-boyfriend's home. There. Right there.

Thank you, thank you Pink Panther. I was looking into Amber's case (doing some clairvoyant map reading) and thinking to myself; what the H is going on around Portage La Prairie. I could see Amber as being a victim there but I was seeing these other women too and wondering to myself, is there a serial killer around there. It didn't make sense, so I checked out websleuths and now things are beginning to add up as to what I am seeing in that area whereby a timeline could be concerned. We're talking about Russell Williams presence from 1990 - 1992 and he could have done more damage there than anyone thinks; however, he could have also revisited the area as sk's often do. Next step to look into the missing in the area stretching to Winnipeg on that timeline.

NOV 13, 2021
Missing Portage woman's family mark solemn holiday 13 years after disappearance | Canada.Com
[...]

“And another year passes.”

This upcoming Christmas will mark the 13th that Lori will spend without her daughter Amber, who went missing on an early fall morning back in 2008 after a night out at a Portage la Prairie nightclub, and has not been seen or heard from since.

[...]

“That first Christmas of 2008 without Amber, we just left the house,” Lori said. “We didn’t put up a tree. We packed up and went to my sister’s house for Christmas, and she looked after us.”

[...]

“Our family is incomplete without Amber, but we have learned to go on without her,” Lori said. “It’s become a little easier over the years as now we often reminisce with laughter in our memories of Amber, wherein the earlier years the reminiscing always brought tears.

“We have special ornaments for Amber that we put on the Christmas tree every year. We really missed her those first few Christmases because she always wore the Santa hat and loved to hand out the presents in her pyjamas.

[...]

Friends of Amber’s have said she was at the nightclub with her ex-boyfriend, Kelly Garrioch, and there is security footage from that morning that shows her with Garrioch and another man, later identified as Graham Saxon, in the hotel’s beer vendor.

Garrioch was 38 at the time, and later admitted he was with Amber early that morning despite a court order prohibiting him from being with her, stemming from an alleged assault in May 2008.

[...]

Police have said that two searches were conducted at the home where Garrioch lived when McFarland went missing, with one taking place in 2008, and a second being conducted in 2009, and in the 2009 search, officers from the forensics identification units reportedly dug up parts of the property.

[...]

“I miss Amber just as much now as in the initial years that she was missing. A parent never gets over the loss of a child. You just learn to live with it and find ways to cope. It becomes your new normal. I immerse myself in my work and in giving attention to my family.

[...]

“We want there to be justice for Amber,” Lori said. “She was loved, and she had her whole future ahead of her.

“Her life mattered.”

Anyone with information about Amber McFarland’s disappearance can contact their local RCMP detachment, or call Manitoba Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).

* Photo gallery with 17 photos at the link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back