CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I lived in the area, I would do a little experiment. I would walk the route that Ariel took, around the same time of day, just to see if they was anything I noticed. For example, what might have caused him to turn around twice in front of that house - can you hear cars behind you? Etc. How long does it take to walk the various routes. How close to the water do you come.

What about if they only talk to her on the phone? She could still hide her identity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We know that the family insists that Ariel was not at the park, and that they want to ask the witness what Ariel was wearing when she "allegedly" spoke to him. It seems very obvious to me that they want to speak to the witness to promote their position that Ariel was not at the park, that the witness is wrong.

If, at some time in the future, the family is willing to accept that the video surveillance shows Ariel entering the park, and that the witness spoke to Ariel, perhaps, but I still think it is in principle a bad idea.

IF Ariel was kicking a soccer ball around while walking in the park and it fell onto the ice causing him to move onto the ice, where is the ball? That would float for sure, even it is was deflated a little. Was this ball ever located if he did have it? Did the woman who spoke with him see this ball?

He didn't have a soccer ball. That much is obvious in the video surveillance of him walking to the friend's house. Furthermore, I don't see a child wanting to kick the soccer ball in the snow.

The go-fund-me campaing is still trending. $32,602 atm.
I guess this is on top of the $100 K
https://www..com/disparition-d039ariel-jeffrey-kouakou
Editing to add that when I clicked the link that says: "Translate story to English" I was kind of shocked to read: "...following the ____ of their son..."
That's not what is written in French.

I am sure that his parents were able to read the witness statement- so why the need to speak directly to the witness? Was it not already known what he was wearing?

Editing to add that when I clicked the link that says: "Translate story to English" I was kind of shocked to read: "...following the ____ of their son..."

Wow, that's weird. Why would it translate what is obviously "disappearance" into "death?" That's like a bad omen or something.

I am sure that his parents were able to read the witness statement- so why the need to speak directly to the witness? Was it not already known what he was wearing?

Therein lies the problem. Everyone knows that Ariel was wearing because it was published in the news. It seems like they want to ask the question with the intent to use the answer to discredit the witness. I think the witness would have been more focused on what Ariel said rather than the colour of his shoes, so the answer really has nothing to do with anything.

I do understand the great points everyone is making about the likelihood that this poor, sweet child is probably under the ice. It is very tragic. :rose:

But I still say that if my 10 yr old was missing, I would desperately want to speak to the last person who is known to have seen and spoken to him. I think most parents would want that opportunity. JMO

The English translation really p***es me off. This child is someone’s loved one. Get it together!

It‘s unfortunately the same after selecting German. Seems to be a random machine translation of the term „disparition“.

I do understand the great points everyone is making about the likelihood that this poor, sweet child is probably under the ice. It is very tragic. :rose:

But I still say that if my 10 yr old was missing, I would desperately want to speak to the last person who is known to have seen and spoken to him. I think most parents would want that opportunity. JMO

If Ariel's parents had said that they desperately wanted to hear how Ariel felt when he was at the park, that would be quite different than what they have said they want to ask, which is "what Ariel was wearing".

I find the family's need to talk to the witness very understandable, even the father's questions, I can really understand.
pour savoir comment Ariel «était habillé, comment il était»
=to know how he was dressed, how he was...
http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/03/20/les-parents-dariel-continuent-de-croire-a-un-enlevement

Yes, we know what he was wearing based on the description of his clothes but a parent may still want to know details: Was his coat fully zipped up? Did he have gloves on? Did he seem to have a hat stuffed in his pocket? Perhaps they are uncertain whether he had another layer on between t-shirt and coat? Did he seem cold? Did he seem uncertain of his direction? Was he walking aimlessly? ...I would have these very same questions...

I understand why the police are not facilitating a meeting between the witness and the parents but I do wish there was a family liaison officer that was explaining, to their satisfaction, why it's not possible and perhaps seeking answers to their questions.

He didn't have a soccer ball. That much is obvious in the video surveillance of him walking to the friend's house. Furthermore, I don't see a child wanting to kick the soccer ball in the snow.

Yes, he didn't have a soccer ball on the way to his friend's house. That is clear from the video.
But, there was apparently a witness (in a car) from the area around his friend's place who said that Ariel had a soccer ball. I think that is what led to the line of thought by matou. Did he find a ball by his buddy's place? Did he start to play with it? Did he take it to the nearby park, hoping to pass time until his friend came back later? Was there ever actually a soccer ball?

We don't know. Hence the questions.

ETA: And, I believe there wasn't very much snow at all on the day he went missing. It snowed either later that night or the next day.

I agree. Perhaps he was visibly upset or crying- which was why she spoke to him to begin with...what he was wearing would become unnoticeable, if that were the case

I find the family's need to talk to the witness very understandable, even the father's questions, I can really understand.
pour savoir comment Ariel «était habillé, comment il était»
=to know how he was dressed, how he was...
http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/03/20/les-parents-dariel-continuent-de-croire-a-un-enlevement

Yes, we know what he was wearing based on the description of his clothes but a parent may still want to know details: Was his coat fully zipped up? Did he have gloves on? Did he seem to have a hat stuffed in his pocket? Perhaps they are uncertain whether he had another layer on between t-shirt and coat? Did he seem cold? Did he seem uncertain of his direction? Was he walking aimlessly? ...I would have these very same questions...

I understand why the police are not facilitating a meeting between the witness and the parents but I do wish there was a family liaison officer that was explaining, to their satisfaction, why it's not possible and perhaps seeking answers to their questions.

Thank you for the link !
This press conference was given on March 20th (9 days ago) and is, to my knowledge, the only time he speaks about the park witness. He actually speaks to her directly. He asks her to find it in her heart to meat with him, to accept to speak to him about his child, what he was wearing, how he was, since she was the last person to have seen him. He is pleading, not accusing nor demanding.

It is up to the witness to decide if she wishes to meet with him or not. So far, we don't know if she has...

I don't know how this became an issue, but I have been listening to every interview with the father I could find.
He repeatedly expresses gratitude for the efforts and the dedication of the investigators. He holds onto his convinctions - his hopes -, understands LE's views and respectfully asks them to keep in mind the abduction theory as well.

Despite being the victim of tragedy and suffering ongoing trauma, he is showing strength, resilience and courage IMHO.

I personnally feel deep compassion and respect for him.

Yes, he didn't have a soccer ball on the way to his friend's house. That is clear from the video.
But, there was apparently a witness (in a car) from the area around his friend's place who said that Ariel had a soccer ball. I think that is what led to the line of thought by matou. Did he find a ball by his buddy's place? Did he start to play with it? Did he take it to the nearby park, hoping to pass time until his friend came back later? Was there ever actually a soccer ball?

We don't know. Hence the questions.

ETA: And, I believe there wasn't very much snow at all on the day he went missing. It snowed either later that night or the next day.

My experience with leaving a soccer ball in the back yard after the snow falls is that the ball deflates and is useless as a soccer ball in the winter and until the ball is re-inflated. Therefore, I don't believe that a 10 year old child would pinch as soccer ball from a friend's house in the middle of winter.

However, if Ariel thought that his friend was at the park and decided to pick up the soccer ball, surely he would know better than to play soccer and kick the soccer ball around in the middle of winter. Rain on grass is slippery enough, no need to be slipping around in the snow with a soccer ball.

We do know that Ariel did not leave home with a soccer ball. Isn't the "soccer ball" witness a neighbour?
It's highly unlikely that Ariel found a soccer ball in a wintery backyard and carried it to the snowy park thinking he was going to play soccer with friends who were who were unavailable.

I agree. Perhaps he was visibly upset or crying- which was why she spoke to him to begin with...what he was wearing would become unnoticeable, if that were the case

All we have heard is that he reported that he visited a friend who was not home and he was disappointed.
That information is enough to give credibility, as in knowing personal facts about the child there were not published.

I like the suggestion that a Liaison Officer be assigned to the case to take questions from the family, and in a letter request a response from the witness through a lawyer provided by the person requesting a response and chosen by the witness. The objective at this time should be to protect the witness during a police investigation.

The curiosity of everyone can wait. The objective is to follow the evidence without completely draining the police budget for the year.

The father's interview about the witness was 8 days after the disappearance. He never even mentioned her prior to that, so even if he was confrontational about the witness like you claim (he was not) the witness still chose to not contact the parents for 8 days.

Keep in mind the witness had to be called out on the media, the police was pleading her to come forth, she did not do it on her own, I wonder if she hadn't spoken to anyone that day if she would have come forth on her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member