CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the mom says «*aller chercher Ariel à 4:30pm”
...”went to get Ariel at 4:30pm” so never mind. No further ahead in knowing if they have a car.
Also the time discrepancy may be because Ariel’s parents hadn’t yet changed their clocks for daylight savings time the day before. So when the houseguests glanced at the clock when Ariel left it may very well have read 12:15pm even though it was really 11:15am.

Gosh 11:15 am to 2pm is almost three hours alone in the park. He may have gotten turned around while he was playing and lost his orientation on which way to get out.
It’s a pretty good size park.
Didn’t the 2pm lady say he seemed upset? Maybe he was getting cold,hungry and lost. How I wish he had asked her for help if he was lost.
The footbridge to the island scares me.
To the poster that went out to walk the area? Were you part of the active search? I saw that they had a call out for volunteers. What was the search like? Thanks

The houseguests made me wonder as well, but I also read that they are members of the Ivorian/african diaspora community in Montreal which is VERY strong, and very community oriented. Having houseguests would not be seen as strange in this community.

However, it also means that a family might take in house guests that they aren't super familiar with because they are part of that same community. I know many people who have stayed with friends of friends of friends in Montreal simply because they are from the same village back home(Ghana), or because they are cousins of someones friends boss, etc.

I asked my brother about the river(as he works on it) and he said the current is extremely strong right now, especially there(it generally always is).

Ariel has a little sister and brothers.

"We miss him a lot. Me, his mother, his little sister, his brothers, and all his friends – we miss him" said Kouakou. "We're waiting for him at home."

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/missing-ariel-kouakou-was-spotted-on-surveillance-video-monday-1.3843036

"Maybe he crossed a fence somewhere and fell in a backyard and is injured somewhere. A lot of people are asking us how we can help. Well every single resident in that area if they look in their backyard, behind their shed or whatever."

Friends and concerned neighbours canvassed the neighbourhood in small groups in the hopes of finding him.

Please find him.....safe. He needs to be home again.......

Im thinking in the mind of my super sweet, rule following 9 year old boy. If I let him walk to his friends house and told him he was to go directly there and he will be picked up at 430, he would probably not walk back home. He wpuld think he should stay around there and be at the house to be picked up at 430. But.... well..... I would think being a first time, a call would have been made to make sure it was ok. Or that he got there ok. That part is a little odd, to me. Anyway, I am wondering if he was passing time, thinking he was doing the right thing. But... another thought.... is it common for everyone to have phones there? Are there stores around that he could have used a phone? I don't know. He's so adorable and has such a great sense of style and swag to him. I want him to be safe so badly. But it would be unlikely he wouldn't have called, if he was ok.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes I see that. Is that view from the garage as well? It says 'camera 2' at that point but the view is zoomed in.

The sign in video surveillance 1 seems to be the one in front of Garage Provost, you can see the blue swiveling sign in this google map link. If you turn the google map around, the person he was saying hi to would have been in the park. (after watching the video multiple times it looks like more of a scarf/collar adjustment than a hi, not entirely sure though)

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5456492,-73.6985854,3a,90y,172.05h,92.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGmAxUVkDhNnbFEttCptNeQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Ok the mom says «*aller chercher Ariel à 4:30pm”
...”went to get Ariel at 4:30pm” so never mind. No further ahead in knowing if they have a car.
Also the time discrepancy may be because Ariel’s parents hadn’t yet changed their clocks for daylight savings time the day before. So when the houseguests glanced at the clock when Ariel left it may very well have read 12:15pm even though it was really 11:15am.

We had to forward all our clocks one hour, so if her clock showed 12:15 pm it would have been 1:15 pm in reality. Spring = forward Fall = back 1 hour.

Ugh, so I'm going to go there, hoping that as soon as I type it out, he's found and I'm wrong.

So was there someone home at the friend's house? I wonder how trustworthy I are the people that are staying with the parents. What I'd that boy at the park is not him. Meaning he never left the house. I hope the police has searched the whole house more than a couple of times. It could be a crime of opportunity.
I have a 12 year old that has always been good about his punishments. He knows he did wrong, and will accept it with no issues. He is 10. If he's at a friend's home, the parents must know, right. You can't really hide a 12 year old, right.
Sorry for my all over the place thoughts.

All moo

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Yes, I am wondering about the family friends as well. At this point, they might be the last people reported to have seen him. Got to look at them just for that reason alone.

EDIT: Ok, just now read that the father has no suspicions about the family friends...so that is a good thing, but I am still looking sideways at them a bit...

at least the Amber Alert was posted and reached across Canada. I would think that if he just got lost or lost track of time he would easily just walk into a corner store and ask for help. He is ten so he should know what to do in that situation. IMO

Yes. That is what really worries me. He is 10 and very intelligent and has a very loving family. So I really think he would have gone into a McDonalds or a corner market and asked to call home if he was OK and just lost or on an adventure.

I am really concerned that he was kidnapped, maybe after he found his friend was not there. He may have wandered around and run into a bad bad person. :cry:

I feel really sick on my stomach about this case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At the friend's house, has it been reported that anyone was home and actually answered the door? Was there an interaction? I may well have missed that, but I don't see anything saying one way or the other.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-missing-10-year-old-boy-2018-1.4577229
attachment.php

Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, was captured by a camera at the Garage Jules Provost on Gouin Boulevard Monday morning. (Radio-Canada)

The search continues for a 10-year-old boy missing from Montreal's north end after a night of canvassing the snowy park where he last seen
Montreal police Const. Raphael Bergeron said investigators are meeting early this morning to determine a strategy for the day.

A group of officers and about 30 volunteers gathered late Wednesday night to search Parc des Bateliers, which borders on the Rivière des Prairies and where Ariel was last seen Monday afternoon.

"At this moment, there is no further information concerning his whereabouts so we're still investigating," said Bergeron.

Attachments

• ariel-jeffrey-kouakou-garage-provost.jpg
    ariel-jeffrey-kouakou-garage-provost.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 352
Mother of Ariel's friend crushed.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/03/15/la-mere-de-lami-dariel-atterree-1

https://translate.google.ca/transla.../la-mere-de-lami-dariel-atterree-1&edit-text=

Interview :

Son : I had a ped day so I was at school, Ariel came alone to ring the door bell but there was no one, and then we don't know where he went. The garage cameras saw him pass and never come back.

Interviewer : Is he a good friend of yours?

Son : yes.

Interviewer: Talk to me about Ariel

Son : He makes the whole class laugh

Interviewer: He likes sports?

Son : Yes he likes soccer, basketball he doesn't like working sometimes.

Interviewer: He's been your friend for a long time?

Son : yes for 4 years

Interviewer: And now we are so worried.

Mom : Yes, we are in shock, everyday we go see the family. I work at the school I am an educator. I was suppose to work that day at the school Francois de Laval, we went out because (pointing at her son) his sisters go to high school, there was no one at home, I said ok you are 10 years old (pointing at son) I will enlist you to the daycare program we will go together so since 7:30 am we were out of the house. I didn't know that Ariel was going to come ring the doorbell, I did not know (crossing fingers). I was at work. Till 5:15 pm, well 5:30 pm because I had to walk home.

Interviewer: But you don't feel guilty!

Mom : No no no I don't feel guilty because I was at work... I was at work.

Interviewer : Now, what are you thoughts?

Mom: we are very sad, everyday we do research, and now I am getting dressed I will accompany my son to go see the family. We are under shock, because he came to knock at the door and my doorbell hasn't worked since last week, so I put a sign there to knock. That's it.

Interviewer : But you weren't there there? There was no one home.

Mom : No.one. (with hand sign) ~ 1:59 minutes in

Interviewer : Your neighbor saw him knock at the door, what state was he in at that moment? Was there something distinctive?

Mom : This neighbor wouldn't know, there's a neighbor beside here, she's the one who claims she saw Ariel knock. Another one in the front here, he was in his car, he says Ariel was with his soccer ball, because with a ped day at school some kids go to school for the daycare and some don't. But like him (points at son) no one is home, you're 10 yrs old, we will go together mommy and me because your sisters go to high school.
Ariel's father is a very conscientious father. (Breaking up in tears) When his father comes, he comes to pick him up. He never lets him leave alone, he comes himself to pick him up, even when Ismael (son) goes to their home, Ariel's father is the one who comes pick him up. His father doesn't let him walk alone, he says NO, I am coming to pick him up and will bring him back. It's the first time or 2nd time Ariel comes alone, his mother always calls me beforehand. -Immitating ariel's mother's voice "Hi Mainona (mom's name) are you home? My son is coming to play with your son. Very conscientious parents. We are in pain we really want to find him.

Interviewer : There is something very unfair with how his parents are living this.

Mom : a lot a lot a lot, it's always the father who comes to pick him up, or his brother or his mother, to bring him up or pick him up. Even when I tell the parents Ismael can walk there they say no! we are coming to pick him up.

Interviewer : You can imagine if this happened to your son!

Mom : Yes (breaks into tears)

Interviewer : Terrible.

Mom : I am a mother. on top of that an educator, I work with kids. I understand.. no no no it's not possible.

Interviewer : We are sending all our prayers to his family, to your family.

Mom : We NEED to find him everyone must pray for the little Ariel, we are all under shock, we NEED to find him safe and sound, at 10 am we are all going to gather here to do research, we are all under shock.

Hmm.... soccer ball?
I don't see a soccer ball. Did he have a backpack?
I'm a little confused with that interview. I can't put my finger on it.
So mom and dad always called, but not this time. What is different from the last time he played at his friends place.
Just scratching my head[emoji848]

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Yeah no soccer ball in the videos. No backpack.
His dad was at work and his mom at school when Ariel walked to his friends. Maybe why they didn't call.
I think Ariel sensed some freedom/boredom, he was sad his friend wasn't home, he was so excited to be able to go play that day and was disappointed, maybe decided to go exploring and got hurt or abducted.
What is sad is that I remember how many bodies people find in the river come spring time when the weather get warmer, the parents might not know till the weather gets warmer if he did fall in the river. Like that taxi driver Belkacem Si Lakhal who went missing Christmas 2015 and found his body the next year in august, I remember many bodies were found around that time.

Thanks for the video and the translation Phei. From this I think, that although this was his first visit alone on foot, he knew the area well and the two friends had often been back and forth to each other's houses. From what we can see of the front door of the friend's house I think we can pinpoint the apartment complex directly adjacent to the train tracks as most of the doors at this complex have the same aqua color with white trim - a large complex of 6 buildings at 1100-1202 Boul Gouin O. There is an entrance to the park right across the road with a path that splits and spreads to the east and west of the park's length along the river's banks.

Gosh 11:15 am to 2pm is almost three hours alone in the park. He may have gotten turned around while he was playing and lost his orientation on which way to get out.
It’s a pretty good size park.
Didn’t the 2pm lady say he seemed upset? Maybe he was getting cold,hungry and lost. How I wish he had asked her for help if he was lost.
The footbridge to the island scares me.
To the poster that went out to walk the area? Were you part of the active search? I saw that they had a call out for volunteers. What was the search like? Thanks

Yes, I went over after seeing the call out on this thread.
Many groups of people were walking the streets, checking backyards, under stairs and possible hiding places, as the park has been thoroughly explored. It wasn't a structured search and felt more like a gathering of concerned neighbours, friends, citizens. The community does seem very close knitted.
A lot of rumours are flying around, especially because of the surveillance camera video not showing Ariel going back West.
The police command post is set in the restaurant parking lot, but LE were working elsewhere (I crossed the dog handler - who warned me about my dog - at the entrance of the Bordeaux detention center on my way to the park). My understanding is that the call out was made by a volunteer rescue organization.

Unfortunately, the river being so close and the current so strong, an accidental fall is IMHO the likeliest possibility :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak