Found Deceased Canada - Ariel Kaplan, 32, Toronto (Yonge/Sheppard) 29 Aug. 2021

dotr

Reaction score
He is currently awaiting trial for a major theft involving a tractor-trailor. The cops think that he is in "danger" which probably just means they don't want him to flee or they have information or evidence of a struggle.

He is currently awaiting trial for a major theft involving a tractor-trailor. The cops think that he is in "danger" which probably just means they don't want him to flee or they have information or evidence of a struggle.
Welcome to Ws Sabs!
Indeed there is someone with the same name and age wanted for theft, wondering if the female referenced in the article is missing too? imo. speculation.
May 5 2021
Police recover nearly $250K in stolen goods, including thousands of bottles of juice, after tractor trailer theft

Yup..
May 17 2022
''Kaplan was reported missing in August 2021, police said. In May 2021, Kaplan was charged with two counts of possession of property obtained by crime exceeding $5,000 for his alleged involvement in the theft of a tractor-trailer that was carrying nearly $250,000 worth of merchandise, including thousands of bottles of juice and more than 100 washing machines.

Durham police’s homicide unit are working in conjunction with Toronto police on this investigation, the forces confirmed. They are asking anyone with information pertaining to the case, or anyone who spoke to or saw Mr. Kaplan prior to his disappearance, to contact them at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5444 ''

''When Ariel Kaplan was reported missing last summer, Toronto Police said there were fears for his safety.''

''On Tuesday, police in Durham Region confirmed that the Toronto man’s body has been found in a hockey bag floating in a pond in rural Uxbridge.''
''
Investigators hope to speak with anyone who spoke with or saw Kaplan prior to his disappearance in August 2021.

Anyone with information is asked to call 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5444.''

1664800110122.png
Oct 3 2022 rbbm,
''Police are set to provide new information on a Toronto man’s remains found in a hockey bag floating in a pond last spring.

On May 10, Durham Region Police Service (DRPS) were called to a rural area of Uxbridge, near Uxbridge Concession Road 6 and Allbright Road, after a local resident found human remains.

Ontario Forensic Pathology Services confirmed the remains are those of 32-year-old Ariel Kaplan, of Toronto.''

''Months earlier, in May 2021, he was charged with two counts of possession of property obtained by crime exceeding $5,000 for his alleged involvement in the theft of a tractor-trailer that was carrying nearly $250,000 worth of juice bottles and washing machines.

Det. Sgt. Doris Carriere, of DRPS’s major crime homicide unit, will be holding a news conference to provide more information on the investigation and making a public appeal for witnesses at their Whitby headquarters Monday at 10:30 a.m.''

Oct 3 2022 rbbm.
There are people out there that have information, and that information is circulating,” Carriere said. “We’re doing an investigation a significant amount of time after we believe the murder occurred. And we need the assistance of the community.”

''Police revealed that they believed Kaplan was abducted on Aug. 29, 2021 before his body was disposed of after corroborating between cellphone data, bank statements, and interviews with people who knew him.

In May, police previously said it is believed that his body was disposed of in the Uxbridge area around the fall of 2021.''

''On the night of his disappearance, Carriere said Kaplan had dinner with several acquaintances in the Yorkville area in Toronto at around 9 p.m.

Kaplan was involved in real estate and construction investments, flipping houses in the Greater Toronto Area, Carriere said.''

Carriere also said that he was previously involved in “some fraudulent activities with certain people” although investigators can’t say for sure if that’s related to his disappearance.

Carriere said Kaplan had ties to the Russian and Jewish communities in Toronto and had business ties to the Somalian, Italian and Mexican communities.

According to one witness interview, Carriere said Kaplan “feared for his safety” in the weeks before his abduction.''

I wonder why LE won't name the restaurant he attended. It reminds me of the person who got shot while in Michael's Restaurant in Toronto, also involved in real estate. I don't think that one was ever solved?

The "link to Jewish communities" reminds me of the Sherman's.

I wonder why LE won't name the restaurant he attended. It reminds me of the person who got shot while in Michael's Restaurant in Toronto, also involved in real estate. I don't think that one was ever solved?

The "link to Jewish communities" reminds me of the Sherman's.
More info on these threads fwiw..

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy