CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #10

The most recent article about Audrey did not mention a police officer assigned to her case. A police communicator was named. Can we assume that nobody is in charge now, i.e. this is an historical murder that's gone cold? If they have the DNA of her killer, will anyone compare it to recent sexual assaults and murders? Is there anything to compare? Is there a kind of murderer who sits with the bodies of victims for days?

There was a violent assault with a sexual component, being treated as a sexual assault by Hamilton police. The assault involved multiple broken bones. This terminology is very confusing.

There was a violent assault with a sexual component, being treated as a sexual assault by Hamilton police. The assault involved multiple broken bones. This terminology is very confusing.

Ws thread

A theoretical set of questions:

If someone is charged with murder and their DNA is taken, will Hamilton police check that DNA on the Canadian DNA database for comparison to unsolved crimes? If there is DNA from Audrey's murder, has it been checked against DNA from other crimes across Canada? Would we hear if this had been done, and a match found? Is her killer's DNA on file?

I do hope that Audrey will not be forgotten, but with no family to push for answers, that is a concern.

The most recent article about Audrey did not mention a police officer assigned to her case. A police communicator was named. Can we assume that nobody is in charge now, i.e. this is an historical murder that's gone cold? If they have the DNA of her killer, will anyone compare it to recent sexual assaults and murders? Is there anything to compare? Is there a kind of murderer who sits with the bodies of victims for days?

A white Homicide Case Book rests on the desk of Det. Angela Abrams. The cover reads: "Gleave, Audrey 10.12.30."

Abrams exchanges glances with the victim each day on the job.

"Audrey stares at me every morning," says Abrams of the picture at her desk. "She's not going away."

The snapshot is one of many selfies Gleave took over the years, but in the days before the word existed — self-portraits taken with an old-fashioned camera.

Her picture is among a few others at Abrams' desk. She calls them her unsolved family tree.

Gleave's murder is not considered a cold case, Abrams says, because it is an active investigation.

Detectives keep tabs on "people of interest" and explore tips. But the case shares resources with others, and there are days it gets pushed to the backburner.

"Sorry Audrey," Abrams says on these days, to Gleave's unsmiling face. "Not today. You better cover your ears."

By Jon WellsSpectator Reporter
The Hamilton Spectator
Sat., Aug. 22, 2015

updateArticle was updated Dec. 07, 2021

A white Homicide Case Book rests on the desk of Det. Angela Abrams. The cover reads: "Gleave, Audrey 10.12.30."

Abrams exchanges glances with the victim each day on the job.

"Audrey stares at me every morning," says Abrams of the picture at her desk. "She's not going away."

The snapshot is one of many selfies Gleave took over the years, but in the days before the word existed — self-portraits taken with an old-fashioned camera.

Her picture is among a few others at Abrams' desk. She calls them her unsolved family tree.

Gleave's murder is not considered a cold case, Abrams says, because it is an active investigation.

Detectives keep tabs on "people of interest" and explore tips. But the case shares resources with others, and there are days it gets pushed to the backburner.

"Sorry Audrey," Abrams says on these days, to Gleave's unsmiling face. "Not today. You better cover your ears."

By Jon WellsSpectator Reporter
The Hamilton Spectator
Sat., Aug. 22, 2015

updateArticle was updated Dec. 07, 2021
The Jon Wells article was from 2015. Who is the officer assigned to the case now, in 2022? Is there one?

The most recent article rehashing Audrey's case was from 2020. It did not provide a current interview with any officer assigned to the case presently, but named a police communicator instead. This is a public affairs person, not an investigator.

Has a cause of death been released for the murdered Hamilton guitarist for Teenage Head, Gord Lewis? Was it stabbing?

Audrey taught at Westdale Secondary School before she retired. She had a fear of being sexually assaulted and murdered in her own home. Many have commented that Audrey did not seem the kind of person to have unfounded fears. Her fears became reality.

Does everything go back to that Westdale connection? Gord Lewis and the members of Teenage Head met and formed the band while attending that high school. Now Gord Lewis has been murdered, too.

Unrelated to the previous content. Thoughts, I had re Audrey's situation re fear of being attacked/raped/murdered one day.
(Wrote it first on Sonia's thread, where it would have been an answer to someone's post, but actually too much for the "wrong" thread.)
-.-.-
I think, the bright white, roaring Camaro was by far the worst, Audrey could have done to herself, if she feared to be attacked one day. There is nothing, that would have attracted much more attention than an elderly woman with this type of vehicle. Driving with one or two of her big shepherds and properly hitting the gas as soon as some audience was in sight, made it really interesting even. (I have to laugh, if I imagine it!) If I had been Audrey and had a premonition of being attacked/raped/murdered at my secluded home, I wouldn't have drawn other people's attention to me this way, never ever. So, I think, the car didn't protect her in any way, but attracted exactly the wrong people: men of all ages. For what a secret email address, if I'm "advertising" on the streets or at Costco or at the vet with my shining favourite toy to follow me to my secluded home (out of curiosity, perhaps)?
Of course, the secret email address had a certain important benefit to her and wasn't in vain. We don't know, what AG wanted to avoid: hackers, someone finding her personal data/her intellectual property, an adopted descendant finding her, someone sending her viruses without her request, and so on - speculation only. Audrey was much too smart for not knowing the danger of the internet, I think.

As someone who lives in the area, too much is being made of the Camaro in my opinion. It’s a flashy car and it sounds like she enjoyed driving it, but in my experience it wouldn’t have stood out that much.
There are plenty of wealthy people living in this part of Hamilton with flashy cars. On any given day in Westdale you will see people driving Bentleys, G-Wagons and flashy foreign cars worth twice what the Camaro would have been worth.

The area where Audrey lived is rural but the real estate is very valuable. There are some less wealthy people here, sure, but plenty of very wealthy people, many who are older retirees. There are a lot of fancy horse farms and golf courses as well that attract wealthy people. A couple of years ago a homeowner on nearby 2nd Concession had a hangar built for their privately-owned helicopters. So I don’t think a Camaro would have stood out enough to make her a target to someone who just saw her out and about. Not to mention, there’s no evidence that there was any attempt made to steal the car.

In my opinion, the car is not the motive here. Her murder was too personal, too violent. We need to look at other avenues of thought, I think. The car itself might be relevant if LE would reveal when AG last drove it, how far did she drive, were there prints on the car, was it tampered with, etc. IMO, that’s the only way the car is relevant.

Has a cause of death been released for the murdered Hamilton guitarist for Teenage Head, Gord Lewis? Was it stabbing?

Audrey taught at Westdale Secondary School before she retired. She had a fear of being sexually assaulted and murdered in her own home. Many have commented that Audrey did not seem the kind of person to have unfounded fears. Her fears became reality.

Does everything go back to that Westdale connection? Gord Lewis and the members of Teenage Head met and formed the band while attending that high school. Now Gord Lewis has been murdered, too.

I have not heard any updates regarding COD.

Are you thinking Gord Lewis's son may have killed Audrey as well? I don't know if he attended Westdale like his father, but Audrey retired from there in 1997. He would have been around 16 then so hypothetically it's possible she taught him.

I highly doubt that Lewis’ son killed Audrey but do we know where he has been since high school? The Lewis case sounds like a family matter but all avenues should be considered. The FBI did say « young and close ».

I highly doubt that Lewis’ son killed Audrey but do we know where he has been since high school? The Lewis case sounds like a family matter but all avenues should be considered. The FBI did say « young and close ».

I also doubt the connection but he does have a history of sending upsetting emails (maybe Audrey was protective of her email address for a reason).

Jonathan’s struggles were also known in Hamilton, where he frequently sent upsetting — and at times harassing — emails and social media posts to local media, politicians, artists and complete strangers.
Many follow a pattern of Jonathan seemingly becoming fixated on a supposed transgression and then cruelly targeting people. They include false allegations of people being tied to drug dealers or racist allegations. He alluded to shootings, death and included people’s employers and family in messages.

I have not heard any updates regarding COD.

Are you thinking Gord Lewis's son may have killed Audrey as well? I don't know if he attended Westdale like his father, but Audrey retired from there in 1997. He would have been around 16 then so hypothetically it's possible she taught him.
Thanks, Jash. I'm hoping that DNA from murders since 2010 is being checked against DNA found at Audrey's murder scene, but we don't know if any DNA was found. We don't know if the details of the crime scene at Audrey's home match subsequent murders or assaults. Is her case a cold case now?

Gord Lewis and his bandmates attended WSS while Audrey taught there, so that is a commonality.

Audrey didn't just stop going into the city after she retired. She met fellow retirees for coffee, and took a course at Mohawk College. Did she keep in touch with former students? I know she would come across students in her daily life sometimes, because they wrote about it on her obituary page.

I think Audrey's fear that she would be murdered in her own home came from somewhere. If ever Gord Lewis's alleged murderer made threats like that, I hope police are following through WRT Audrey Gleave.

I also doubt the connection but he does have a history of sending upsetting emails (maybe Audrey was protective of her email address for a reason).

Jonathan’s struggles were also known in Hamilton, where he frequently sent upsetting — and at times harassing — emails and social media posts to local media, politicians, artists and complete strangers.
Many follow a pattern of Jonathan seemingly becoming fixated on a supposed transgression and then cruelly targeting people. They include false allegations of people being tied to drug dealers or racist allegations. He alluded to shootings, death and included people’s employers and family in messages.
Interesting. I think JVL was his rap name. There are rap videos online from 2011.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back