CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #10

I also doubt the connection but he does have a history of sending upsetting emails (maybe Audrey was protective of her email address for a reason).

Jonathan’s struggles were also known in Hamilton, where he frequently sent upsetting — and at times harassing — emails and social media posts to local media, politicians, artists and complete strangers.
Many follow a pattern of Jonathan seemingly becoming fixated on a supposed transgression and then cruelly targeting people. They include false allegations of people being tied to drug dealers or racist allegations. He alluded to shootings, death and included people’s employers and family in messages.
Do you know if he attended Mohawk College at any point? Audrey's classmate said Audrey was secretive about her email, IRRC.

Gord Lewis and his bandmates attended WSS while Audrey taught there, so that is a commonality.

I don't believe their time at Westdale overlapped.

She became a high school science teacher, first at Hill Park, later Barton Secondary and then Westdale.
www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-region/2020/07/17/who-killed-audrey-gleave-horrendous-ancaster-murder-still-unsolved.html

From the messages on her online obit, sounds like she was at Barton in the '70s and '80s and Westdale in the '90s.

Gleave was born Otte Wilma Doveika in Hamilton on Feb. 6, 1937, to Baltic immigrants. As a teenager, she changed her name to Audrey.

The family lived on Locke Street and Mulberry Street before Beulah Avenue off Aberdeen Avenue. In 1964, she enrolled in science at McMaster University.
-.-.-

I never noticed, that we are missing about 10 years of AG's life or more. Born 1937, she was already 27, when she got enrolled at McMaster for the first time. Her first marriage was at the age of 16 and didn't last long. Where was she and what was she doing between 16 yo and 27 yo? Yes, married again in her 20s, but what else?

Gleave was born Otte Wilma Doveika in Hamilton on Feb. 6, 1937, to Baltic immigrants. As a teenager, she changed her name to Audrey.

The family lived on Locke Street and Mulberry Street before Beulah Avenue off Aberdeen Avenue. In 1964, she enrolled in science at McMaster University.
-.-.-

I never noticed, that we are missing about 10 years of AG's life or more. Born 1937, she was already 27, when she got enrolled at McMaster for the first time. Her first marriage was at the age of 16 and didn't last long. Where was she and what was she doing between 16 yo and 27 yo? Yes, married again in her 20s, but what else?
That has been bothering me for many years. My own list:
1. Did she have a child?
2. Was she disowned by her parents?
3. Have these previous husbands been looked at?

Something led Audrey to be so reclusive, so protective of herself, so alone, to being a hoarder.

That has been bothering me for many years. My own list:
1. Did she have a child?
2. Was she disowned by her parents?
3. Have these previous husbands been looked at?

Something led Audrey to be so reclusive, so protective of herself, so alone, to being a hoarder.
When AG was married to Alan, she still had contact to her parents, afaik. I remember a story about her father and Alan's father, who often got drunk together, when family had events.
Idk, who had written about it years ago. ETA: Jon Wells Series: Audrey Gleave - Darkness on Indian Trail ... ????
The first husband we will never find; we have no name and no reference point in some form. Maybe, he would be the most important one.
What, if she had a child and it grew up with her first husband? Maybe, he changed his name to protect his child?

Last edited:
But why even marry at 16? Parental pressure? Was he a classmate? LE must be able to suss this out.
Pure speculation: Back in the day, it would not have been unusual for parents to pressure a pregnant minor daughter into marriage. The age of majority was 21 at the time. I'm not sure if the parents' signatures would have been necessary to obtain a marriage licence if the child was 16 and pregnant. Audrey could also have decided to marry of her own volition, pregnant or not.

But why even marry at 16? Parental pressure? Was he a classmate? LE must be able to suss this out.
Apparently Audrey did not get along with her mother, maybe she just wanted to get out of the house and marriage was the only viable escape route? imo.

If AG had a child, when she was very young (first marriage perhaps), this child could be of retirement age already today.

AG's addition to her Last Will re minor children (IF there are some, then .....) still doesn't make sense.

Apparently Audrey did not get along with her mother, maybe she just wanted to get out of the house and marriage was the only viable escape route? imo.

1953 Audrey (16 y.o.) married her first husband, surname Bohnart

1958 Hamilton voters list for 11 Beulah Avenue shows Mrs. Audrey Bohnart, student / Doveika, Anthony, machinist / Doveika, Mrs. Mary

1957 1964 Sometime during these years, in her 20s, Audrey married her second husband, Larry Blake who worked at Stelco. They lived on Fairleigh Av South

1960 Audrey worked at Bell

1963 Hamilton voters list for 11 Beulah Avenue shows Blake, Audrey, student / Doveika, Anthony, wire drawer / Doveika, Mary

-.-.-
We have a name of her first husband; I didn't remember.

If the voters list shows AG with her parents, then it means, they lived together at one and the same address?? (So, she didn't permanently escape her mother, it seems.)

Perhaps it’s something really simple like Audrey wanted a University education, her parents couldn’t afford it so she worked until she had enough money for her education?

How old would a child be, if she had a child from that first marriage, at the time of her murder?

Also, was she in high school as a married woman? That would really set her apart. -> Isolation, loneliness, fear, all of the problems she seemed to have. And buying a Camaro in her 70's might have been a way to live her youth? Perhaps she never felt as though she had a young life?

The more I think of this, the more I’m certain AG was robbed of her youth. Hence, the Camaro, feeling comfortable with 18 year old PK, etc. Was AG involved in reckless teenage type things in her 70’s? Did she befriend young people unbeknownst to her adult friends? « Look young and look close ».

Just started a thread for an unrelated cold case which reminded me of AG's unsolved murder, fwiw.

I’ve been rereading a lot of these posts and It all leads me to a BIG question. Did LE do a thorough investigation of AG’s body? It seems that it all happened so quickly, how do we know that AG’s case was handled properly? I’m having huge doubts. Did LE ask for her medical records? Any psychological medical records? Her phone records? Her laptop? How could this all be completed so rapidly?

I’ve been rereading a lot of these posts and It all leads me to a BIG question. Did LE do a thorough investigation of AG’s body? It seems that it all happened so quickly, how do we know that AG’s case was handled properly? I’m having huge doubts. Did LE ask for her medical records? Any psychological medical records? Her phone records? Her laptop? How could this all be completed so rapidly?
I wonder if things would have been handled differently if Audrey had relatives to speak up for her after her murder.

This is the time of the year when we soon turn the clocks back and it’s very dark that I think even more of AG. And Shelley, too.
Was Audrey stalked, chosen? Or was this random bad luck? I feel that Audrey knew her killer and let him into the garage. Was he a long lost son of about age 18 - 20 something? Young and close. Was her lower body defiled as a way of saying « why was I born »?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back