Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by dotr, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDG

JDG Websleuther

From what I recall of the Toronto Life expose on the property, I thought the indoor pool and garage were under the house. The backyard has another swimming pool and hot tub for summer use. Think they had underground parking for 6 cars with a heated ramp and the indoor lap pool with a hot tub on the lower level. I could be wrong....but thats what I thought they reported.

2. JDG

JDG Websleuther

On the listing, it said there was 'potential for elevator'. Guess they had the house built with an elevator shaft for future use?

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...atheist-convictions-in-unfinished-memoir.html
    rbbm.

4. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

The fact that Barry didn't go to work on Thursday makes me think this happened very early that morning, or during the night before. I wonder if they were out together Wednesday evening and this happened when they arrived home.

I'm assuming the (alleged) jackets were outdoor jackets and they weren't dressed in random jackets for the hanging. This would mean they were on their way out (in the morning) or coming home (night). I favour the night. I think it makes more sense that if they had dressed to go to work and were ready to leave the house it would be an unlikely time for Barry to kill Honey, and the night seems to be more likely if it was either a murder/suicide or a double murder, just because it offers the cover of darkness, less chance for staff being around, opportunity for someone to hijack them in their car and force them to drive home, and if it was murder/suicide, something that built up to a situation in Barry's mind, rather than just waking up from sleep in the morning.

5. Tortoise

plans here - http://media.houssmax.ca/201711/29/5a1f32afd3797.pdf

I may have misinterpreted them, but the placement of the spiral stairs and the lift on the two upper floors look like they correspond with the spiral stairs leading to the sauna room/changing room and the lift more or less being adjacent to the drive way.

6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

7. scadagirl28

scadagirl28 Well-Known Member

Thanks JGD and jayfriend , It does say potential elevator. I guess I was trying figure out Mrs. Sherman's death. Barry Sherman was always the smartest guy in the room and maybe, possibly even in death , still is.

8. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

If the power was cut off..would it be through the whole house? The consoles for my security are not in main power box. If all the power is out, how can one see to commit murder/suicide or murder? If power is turned off, a good security system will go on battery operation. Just saying....I don’t think the above scenario is what happened, but somewhat plausible. The murderer could have been wearing those see in the dark glasses...not sure what they are called. :)

Edit- night vision glasses

9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

10. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

Mr. Sherman most likely had a number of attorneys on retainer with all the litigation he was involved with...quite sure they are advising the family on the proper protocol to take on this matter and wrote the statement that the family released.

11. seeking the truth

seeking the truth Active Member

I’m having a very hard time with the idea this was a murder/suicide. Just the logistics and physical effort it would take to move an already deceased person to another part of the house and then suspend it with a belt from a waist high railing (as seen online in photos of the lap pool area) seems nearly impossible. Mr Sherman is in his mid seventies and his wife was not a physically small woman. Then there’s the matter of the jackets. How does a person hang himself when his hands and arms are restrained behind his body? This is assuming the belts/jackets mentioned in the print media are factual. The whole scenario is baffling. I hope the police have their best investigators on this case. My gut tells me they will find those responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

I am on an iPad and I enlarged the above pic. It looks like I can see in the next room...there appears to be a smalll table in that room. That is all I can see...maybe the sauna? I can’t seem to find the layout of the house that was posted earlier.

13. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

But would they just clean up body fluids? I know I wouldn’t. I would be very concerned if I came upon body fluids in a house I was cleaning.

14. Tortoise

I've posted it right above at #1025

15. VGL

VGL Member

I interpreted the Open House to a be a party for friends and neighbours, a holiday get together and not real estate related

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...n-and-wife-as-murder-suicide/article37357096/

16. Grey-St

Grey-St Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was just about to post this! I'm wondering: why would this memoir be submitted as part of a motion in a lawsuit?

17. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

{DK about a statement. Mob killings where I grew up were often messy, bloody affairs, sometimes right out in the open...this just doesn't have that vibe for me ? Although I do think of a stone sociopath if it was a double homicide. jmo

18. Tortoise

I was going to say how would a killer who has come prepared with two belts know there would be a suitable place to hang them from by the pool, but I suppose they've had that photo available for anyone to look up in the property details?

19. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

There has been lots of discussion a few pages back about how some suicides find ways to tie their own hands to ensure the outcome is fatal, and how a jacket might be used that way.

The key point for me is, if the jackets story is true, police would have seen them right away, 5 days ago. If they were restraining the victims, in such a manner that only an 3rd party could have put them on, so that it was impossible for Honey and/or Barry to have put them that way themselves, then I believe police would have declared the deaths homicides when the COD was announced on Monday.

I don't think police would shilly-shally with 'suspicious deaths', playing dumb, let the murderer(s) think they were getting away with it, when they had a piece of incontrovertible evidence that a double murder has been committed.

20. mr_chip72

mr_chip72 New Member

I can totally refute this. I live in the neighbourhood and even used the same realtor Barry Cohen to sell my previous home and buy my current home. When I sold my previous place the first thing the agent did was schedule an open house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.