Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Apotex, here’s two examples of contradictory information reported by the media. It seems anonymous media sources do not always provide reliable information.

The first, CBC actually printed a clarification to amend an earlier report indicating Apotex was uncooperative.

Barry and Honey Sherman deaths a targeted double homicide, police say | CBC News
Clarifications
  • An earlier version of this story stated that police attempted to search Sherman's Apotex office. In fact, Apotex says police did search his office with the company's full co-operation.
    Jan 26, 2018 10:39 PM ET

Another example of contradictions involves succession planning. The first is almost comical because private companies are not at risk of takeover in the way that publicly-traded corporations are.

Succession doubts cloud Apotex future after billionaire owner's death | Reuters
TORONTO (Reuters) - Canadian pharmaceuticals billionaire Barry Sherman failed to implement a succession plan at his Apotex business before his death last week, two business associates told Reuters, potentially leaving it vulnerable to takeover approaches....”

Then Dec 22nd, a spokesperson from Apotex -
Barry Sherman, found dead with his wife in their home, set up 'robust succession plan' for Apotex 5 years ago | CBC News
“Barry had developed a robust succession plan which he began implementing five years ago when he stepped down as CEO," Apotex spokesman Jordan Berman said in an email Friday.

"From that point on until his tragic death, Dr. Sherman was no longer involved in day-to-day operations at Apotex rather, focused on some specific aspects of the business."..”

The issue is that even if Barry implemented a management succession plan, and maybe wasn’t as involved in day to day operations, I don’t think he developed a plan to deal with what should happen with ownership of the company if he was not alive. Perhaps he had discussed his wishes with Honey, but she’s not here either. So the kids, who are not involved in the business, are left to deal with the ownership issue. And i believe that it is generally accepted that they intend to sell the company to monetize their equity.

The issue is that even if Barry implemented a management succession plan, and maybe wasn’t as involved in day to day operations, I don’t think he developed a plan to deal with what should happen with ownership of the company if he was not alive. Perhaps he had discussed his wishes with Honey, but she’s not here either. So the kids, who are not involved in the business, are left to deal with the ownership issue. And i believe that it is generally accepted that they intend to sell the company to monetize their equity.

Is there a reason you think there was no future plan for ownership of Apotex?

Because upon their deaths, their share ownership of Apotex would be passed on in accordance to instructions in their last Will and Testiment. However that sort of information is included in an Estate file and it’s been sealed for two years by the Court. That’s why it’s not being publicized by the media.

CanLII - 2018 ONSC 4706 (CanLII)
Toronto Star Newspapers Ltd. v. Sherman Estate, 2018 ONSC 4706 (CanLII)

Why on earth not? Surely if one wants to make such claims of knowledge (Barry hated Honey; Barry twice asked someone to whack his wife; etc.) as a verified insider on a case, one should also be prepared to stand up to the scrutiny that would inevitably follow? Surely one wouldn't expect that everyone would simply take all words as fact without some kind of verification? The saying, 'If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen' comes to mind - but I suppose that is what is now being done, so it is redundant.
Simply put, he feels that there are some ignorant, rude people here.

I haven’t seen rude or ignorance here towards him. I’ve seen people frankly question his claims that stretch incredulity.

Claims like this one:

83422DA0-9289-4C34-9127-C9F74970BF1E.png

Winter's own immediate reaction on learning of their deaths, he said was: '*advertiser censored**ing hell he finally did it. Barry finally killed the b****.'
Canadian tycoon Barry Sherman 'killed wife then himself' | Daily Mail Online

"He said, 'I want you to whack my wife,'" Winter claimed. Winter then claimed the plan was aborted at the last minute.

"I called him and said: 'You know, there's no turning back, Barry, if I push the button,'" Winter said.
Winter told Galianos on camera that he "embellished" part of the scheme. He also said he fabricated other parts of the story.

"He was lying, and the test results — the polygraphist — confirms that," said Michael Arntfield, a criminologist at Western University in London, Ont., who observed the polygraph test.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4514176

“The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference”- Elie Wiesel

Statement from the Sherman Family: Allegations by Kerry Winter

NEWS PROVIDED BY

Apotex Inc.
Feb 01, 2018, 19:15 ET

TORONTO, Feb. 1, 2018 /CNW/ - "We are deeply hurt, shocked, and angered that Kerry Winter is using the tragedy of our parents' homicides to make outrageous and baseless claims about our father. The family accepts the conclusion of the Toronto Police Service, and finds it regrettable that the media would give a platform to these completely absurd allegations."

I haven’t seen rude or ignorance here towards him. I’ve seen people frankly question his claims that stretch incredulity.

Claims like this one:

View attachment 159117

Canadian tycoon Barry Sherman 'killed wife then himself' | Daily Mail Online

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4514176

Statement from the Sherman Family: Allegations by Kerry Winter

NEWS PROVIDED BY

Apotex Inc.
Feb 01, 2018, 19:15 ET

TORONTO, Feb. 1, 2018 /CNW/ - "We are deeply hurt, shocked, and angered that Kerry Winter is using the tragedy of our parents' homicides to make outrageous and baseless claims about our father. The family accepts the conclusion of the Toronto Police Service, and finds it regrettable that the media would give a platform to these completely absurd allegations."
Not sure why you are posting this.

Not sure why you are posting this.
I’m not surprised.

ETA: Forgive me. That was a flip remark.

I posted it to highlight that KW has made outrageous claims, some that he has admitted are lies. Some that have not come to fruition.

People here have countered what he’s said with facts.

If he’s not being factual, saying hateful things: I’m not going to be indifferent.

The Sherman children have said what KW has said is causing them added pain at a time they are grieving. I believe them.

Last edited:
I'll tell you one thing, reporters I've talked to are either in line with what Kerry is saying or they are on the fence. Kerry is a victim of bad representation in my opinion. Being blindsides with a lie detector test, a test that was administered incorrectly, a test that he had no chance of passing, is something his handlers should never let him do. It should also be noted that Kerry did pass a subsequent lie detector test.

Why I think KW encounters difficulty is due to the way he has choosen to portray himself as the Victim. I might be wrong but I certainly get the sense that he feels, by personally placing himself in the center of the Shermans’ life, as the victim, everyone should just forget their deaths. Case closed.

KW is not the victim, the Shermans are the victims.

Some examples of his victimization in a cyber campaign, KW versus the Shermans - he was wronged and detrayed by Barry because he was cut off from financial support and what he believes he’s rightfully entitled to, he was wronged by the Courts that dismissed the lawsuit, he was wronged by LE because they won’t admit lying and deceiving the public about the Shermans double homicide, he was wronged and set up by the media who made him appear a little unhinged and maybe even a suspect during his media blitz, he was wronged by the family because they spoke out in the belief their parents were murdered.......(I sure there’s more that I’ve forgotten to add, why this homicide case has become all about him).

.......so now is he also wronged and angry at WS for it’s “rude and ignorant people”???

Last edited:
Why I think KW encounters difficulty is due to the way he has choosen to portray himself as the Victim. I might be wrong but I certainly get the sense that he feels, by personally placing himself in the center of the Shermans’ life, as the victim, everyone should just forget their deaths. Case closed.

KW is not the victim, the Shermans are the victims.

Some examples of his victimization in a cyber campaign, KW versus the Shermans - he was wronged and detrayed by Barry because he was cut off from financial support and what he believes is rightfully entitled to, he was wronged by the Courts that dismissed the lawsuit, he was wronged by LE because they won’t admit lying and deceiving the public about the Shermans double homicide, he was wronged and set up by the media who made him appear a little unhinged and maybe even a suspect during his media blitz, he was wronged by the family because they spoke out in the belief their parents were murdered.......

.......so now is he also wronged and angry at WS for it’s “rude and ignorant people”???
...by personally placing himself in the center of the Shermans’ life, as the victim, everyone should just forget their deaths. Case closed.

On the contrary, I think the last thing Kerry wants is for people to forget about their deaths, TPS wants you to forget, Kerry wants you to know what actually happened.

Some examples of his victimization in a cyber campaign, KW versus the Shermans - he was wronged and detrayed by Barry because he was cut off from financial support and what he believes is rightfully entitled to, he was wronged by the Courts that dismissed the lawsuit,

And you don't blame him? Lets not forget that Barry stole those Orphans life and he deliberately cut them out of what their parents had set up for them. The Royal Bank tried to get Barry to guarantee the orphans future would be considered when they sold him the company, but he would have no part of it. Everybody knows that a couple of orphans had no chance in court against a multi-billionaire like Barry, so yes, I'd be pissed at both of them too. You wouldn't?

he was wronged by LE because they won’t admit lying and deceiving the public about the Shermans double homicide,

I think we should all be alarmed by this. LE has told the public absolutely nothing about this case and they likely never will. If that isn't leaving the door open for corruption, I don't know what is?

he was wronged and set up by the media who made him appear a little unhinged

He was wronged. The lie detector test was sprung on him. Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Lie detector tests are not overly accurate to begin with, especially when you are in the midst of filming a national TV interview.

he was wronged by the family because they spoke out in the belief their parents were murdered.......

Sorry, when did he say he was wronged by the Sherman family?

...by personally placing himself in the center of the Shermans’ life, as the victim, everyone should just forget their deaths. Case closed.

On the contrary, I think the last thing Kerry wants is for people to forget about their deaths, TPS wants you to forget, Kerry wants you to know what actually happened.

Some examples of his victimization in a cyber campaign, KW versus the Shermans - he was wronged and detrayed by Barry because he was cut off from financial support and what he believes is rightfully entitled to, he was wronged by the Courts that dismissed the lawsuit,

And you don't blame him? Lets not forget that Barry stole those Orphans life and he deliberately cut them out of what their parents had set up for them. The Royal Bank tried to get Barry to guarantee the orphans future would be considered when they sold him the company, but he would have no part of it. Everybody knows that a couple of orphans had no chance in court against a multi-billionaire like Barry, so yes, I'd be pissed at both of them too. You wouldn't?

he was wronged by LE because they won’t admit lying and deceiving the public about the Shermans double homicide,

I think we should all be alarmed by this. LE has told the public absolutely nothing about this case and they likely never will. If that isn't leaving the door open for corruption, I don't know what is?

he was wronged and set up by the media who made him appear a little unhinged

He was wronged. The lie detector test was sprung on him. Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Lie detector tests are not overly accurate to begin with, especially when you are in the midst of filming a national TV interview.

he was wronged by the family because they spoke out in the belief their parents were murdered.......

Sorry, when did he say he was wronged by the Sherman family?

My reply expressed my personal opinion and I see no value in us debating it, particularly you on his behalf. If KW sees any point in clarifying anything I’ve written, I believe he’s still a member here and therefore is free to do so.

I have to say that getting millions in homes, businesses, a monthly allowance hardly seems like a sad life.

Since the money seems to have been frittered away, I don’t see what the point of getting more money would have been

I suspect that KW is tired of repeating himself, as are many posters on this thread. Round and round we go with the same old arguments reiterated in vain.

"I'll tell you one thing, reporters I've talked to are either in line with what Kerry is saying or they are on the fence."

This broad statement is certainly interesting. Could you tell us which reporters agree with KW, and I assume you mean the M/S theory? If you can't say, could you tell us how many reporters freely gave you their opinion?

"Kerry is a victim of bad representation in my opinion."

Are you referring to his lawyer? KW has admitted that his lawyer advised him not to speak to the press. Eventually, his lawyer refused to represent him. KW seems to have represented himself.

" Being blindsides with a lie detector test, a test that was administered incorrectly, a test that he had no chance of passing, ... "

How was the polygraph incorrectly administered? Most people would be in a stressful state while taking one. I've never heard that being stressed causes untruths and thereby faulty, failed results.

"... is something his handlers should never let him do. It should also be noted that Kerry did pass a subsequent lie detector test."

Who are these "handlers" who should bear the responsibility of KW failing his polygraph test? Where are the results and details of the polygraph he did pass?

I have to say that getting millions in homes, businesses, a monthly allowance hardly seems like a sad life.

Since the money seems to have been frittered away, I don’t see what the point of getting more money would have been
Well as far as I know Barry gave them nothing. It was all loans. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Barry wasn't writing off the Kerry's failing business and actually benefitting in the long run, but that's for an accountant to say. But bottom line is that it's not just about the money. Kerry's father had made sure to build a future and implement measures in his will that would ensure that the four children would be taken care of. Despite the fact that it was Winter who groomed Sherman for success, Barry did exactly the opposite for his four cousins, taking their dads business and negating the stipulations he had put in effect to ensure his children's prosperity. For Barry to say "Why should I see them, I've got cousins all around the world I don't talk to" is simply callous given what Winter had done for him when his father died.

This broad statement is certainly interesting. Could you tell us which reporters agree with KW, and I assume you mean the M/S theory? If you can't say, could you tell us how many reporters freely gave you their opinion?

Three reporters. Thats all I can say.

Are you referring to his lawyer? KW has admitted that his lawyer advised him not to speak to the press. Eventually, his lawyer refused to represent him. KW seems to have represented himself.

His lawyer set up the 5th estate interview. I'm not a lawyer but I know enough to advise a friend not to do a TV polygraph. Never do anything that you are not in 100% control of the outcome.

How was the polygraph incorrectly administered? Most people would be in a stressful state while taking one. I've never heard that being stressed causes untruths and thereby faulty, failed results.

Most notably the duration of the test is in question. The 5th Estate says the test took three hours, Kerry says it was closer to four. A polygraph test should never last that long, especially given the limited information Kerry was providing. Three hours is an absolute maximum, and even that would indicate that the examiner is seeking to resolve an inconsistent or inconclusive pattern of responses. Most Polygraphs last between one and two hours. Why was this test between three and four hours?

Who are these "handlers" who should bear the responsibility of KW failing his polygraph test? Where are the results and details of the polygraph he did pass?

His lawyer. The second test took place two days later.

Three reporters. Thats all I can say.

His lawyer set up the 5th estate interview. I'm not a lawyer but I know enough to advise a friend not to do a TV polygraph. Never do anything that you are not in 100% control of the outcome.

Most notably the duration of the test is in question. The 5th Estate says the test took three hours, Kerry says it was closer to four. A polygraph test should never last that long, especially given the limited information Kerry was providing. Three hours is an absolute maximum, and even that would indicate that the examiner is seeking to resolve an inconsistent or inconclusive pattern of responses. Most Polygraphs last between one and two hours. Why was this test between three and four hours?

His lawyer. The second test took place two days later.
You aren't a verified insider so the information you are providing needs links.

Well as far as I know Barry gave them nothing. It was all loans. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Barry wasn't writing off the Kerry's failing business and actually benefitting in the long run, but that's for an accountant to say. But bottom line is that it's not just about the money. Kerry's father had made sure to build a future and implement measures in his will that would ensure that the four children would be taken care of. Despite the fact that it was Winter who groomed Sherman for success, Barry did exactly the opposite for his four cousins, taking their dads business and negating the stipulations he had put in effect to ensure his children's prosperity. For Barry to say "Why should I see them, I've got cousins all around the world I don't talk to" is simply callous given what Winter had done for him when his father died.

How old were the children when Barry bought the business?

Did any of the children have an education that would be for a business?

If any if the children went to further education, what did they do with the education?

Were the children paying any payments on the loans Barry gave them?

Was the $15,000 a month allowance a loan?

Was the stint in rehab for one of the children paid for by Barry a loan?

Why did the children take the money if they felt controlled by Barry? Why not make their own way in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea