Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!!
I believe it’s time l share this, since there hasn’t been a single media outlet l’ve told, including a promise from Matt Campbell, at Businessweek to print it.
A few days after the Sherman’s were found a VERY close friend attended an early annual Christmas party. I couldn’t attend.
During the party, a retired homicide detective approached her to tell her a number of things:
1. I’m not a suspect.
2. The police KNOW Barry killed Honey, then commited suicide.
3. Barry “****** up” in two place. He killed Honey somewhere else in the house and she was already dead when he hung her. The scene was “cleaned up”. Barry wanted to make it look like a suicide pact.
4. The elaborate computerized security system monitored every window/door that opens and closes. Honey came home 1st: door opens/closes. Barry came home: door opens/closes. NOBODY came in/left. There wasn’t forced entry!
5. The Sherman’s are going to retain a high powered lawyer who will bring in his own team/conduct his own autopsy and forensics. The retired homicide detective will find evidence of intruder/murder.
6. The team hired by the Sherman’s will convince the TPS to change their initial theory of M/S to targeted murders. The police will go quiet.
7. The MOST important prediction he made: Although there will be total confusion on manner of the Sherman’s deaths: the chief coroner WON’T hold a formal inquest!!!
This case screams for a formal inquest which would easily determine M/S. There would be no evidence presented to show murders. This inquest MUST be avoided. There will be a cover-up because the family can’t accept the harsh truth.
Below are the reasons for an inquest taken directly from Ontario’s chief coroners website.
The Five Questions
There are five questions that must be answered when investigating a death:

• Who was the deceased?
  • Where did the death occur?
  • When did the death occur?
  • How did the death occur (i.e. the medical cause)?
  • By what means did the death occur?(i.e. the classification or manner of death: natural, suicide, accident, homicide or undetermined)
I believe something went down at their last meeting at Apotex with the builder J. Brennan. An argument or major disagreement that became very heated. This fight continued at 50 Old Colony....my cousin was finally pushed over the edge and in a rage struck Honey. Again, Barry had a very explosive temper.
The Sherman’s personal body trainer is my brother’s best friends wife. She told my brother that “Barry was unbelievably strong for his age”.
*** From a reliable reporter who works for a major Toronto paper: the police were 85% sure it was M/S after less than 4 hours in the house. He totally believes there’s a cover-up, but cannot run a story questioning the integrity of the TPS....his contacts within the force will completely dry up and the threat of losing his job. Yes: Barry had friends in high places, including the media that are going along with Gomes/Price’s flip/flop and aren’t questioning nor suggesting.
Bottom line: there hasn’t been a single shred of evidence by the TPS or Greenspin to suggest a targeted double murder.
Again, this case screams for a formal coroners inquest to determin the cause of deaths!!!!
It wasn’t: WHY?!?!

*** There you have it. Again, nobody will collect the 10 million. There won’t be an arrest.
Couple of points:
i)that retired homicide detective has some *pretty* loose lips, eh? Wow!
ii)why would one even *think* that an MSM would even consider publishing what was said by some retired homicide detective at a Christmas party to some unknown person who told someone with a vendetta against the victims, which someone would like the world to know because it might forward his narrative? Is that like 4th hand rumor?
iii)man, sometimes I guess I should thank my lucky stars that I'm not wealthy enough to have to worry about who knows who, and who's got loose lips, when it comes to the hiring of personal services! Being a private person would seem to beg not bothering to partake of personal services at all, since one can never trust who is really providing them.
iv)if in fact it is common knowledge that the Shermans' security system was operating yet didn't show anyone entering or exiting aside from B & H on that fateful night, is it still not possible that a perp could have been hiding and ambushed one of the victims while entering, which would still therefore only show the one entry?
v)we were told by TPS after a few short hours at the scene of the crime that there was no forced entry evident, however TPS has not updated us as to whether or not that 'fact' may have changed upon discovering something a little further along in their investigation.
vi)aren't inquests held when there is more opportunity to learn lessons so that the public can be better protected in future.. and not so much for a targeted crime against one of Canada's wealthiest couples?
vii)if B had an explosive temper, why have we not heard reports about this from many out of the woodwork over the past year? Oh wait, is it because all of *those* people have been silenced as well?
viii)may I ask, how on earth you can state that: "there hasn’t been a single shred of evidence by the TPS or Greenspin to suggest a targeted double murder"? If I'm not mistaken, you are not listed on the TPS's 'need to know' list, but I guess I could be wrong.
ix)I wouldn't worry too much about your reporter friend who puts his own finances above his integrity, because there are a couple of other very high profile press members who are watching TPS's every move, and who don't seem afraid to shine a light on corruption, if they find some. ("He totally believes there’s a cover-up, but cannot run a story questioning the integrity of the TPS....his contacts within the force will completely dry up and the threat of losing his job.")
x)it must be a relief to have such meaningful assurance that at that early date at least, you were not considered a suspect.
jmo.

Couple of points:
i)that retired homicide detective has some *pretty* loose lips, eh? Wow!
ii)why would one even *think* that an MSM would even consider publishing what was said by some retired homicide detective at a Christmas party to some unknown person who told someone with a vendetta against the victims, which someone would like the world to know because it might forward his narrative? Is that like 4th hand rumor?
iii)man, sometimes I guess I should thank my lucky stars that I'm not wealthy enough to have to worry about who knows who, and who's got loose lips, when it comes to the hiring of personal services! Being a private person would seem to beg not bothering to partake of personal services at all, since one can never trust who is really providing them.
iv)if in fact it is common knowledge that the Shermans' security system was operating yet didn't show anyone entering or exiting aside from B & H on that fateful night, is it still not possible that a perp could have been hiding and ambushed one of the victims while entering, which would still therefore only show the one entry?
v)we were told by TPS after a few short hours at the scene of the crime that there was no forced entry evident, however TPS has not updated us as to whether or not that 'fact' may have changed upon discovering something a little further along in their investigation.
vi)aren't inquests held when there is more opportunity to learn lessons so that the public can be better protected in future.. and not so much for a targeted crime against one of Canada's wealthiest couples?
vii)if B had an explosive temper, why have we not heard reports about this from many out of the woodwork over the past year? Oh wait, is it because all of *those* people have been silenced as well?
viii)may I ask, how on earth you can state that: "there hasn’t been a single shred of evidence by the TPS or Greenspin to suggest a targeted double murder"? If I'm not mistaken, you are not listed on the TPS's 'need to know' list, but I guess I could be wrong.
ix)I wouldn't worry too much about your reporter friend who puts his own finances above his integrity, because there are a couple of other very high profile press members who are watching TPS's every move, and who don't seem afraid to shine a light on corruption, if they find some. ("He totally believes there’s a cover-up, but cannot run a story questioning the integrity of the TPS....his contacts within the force will completely dry up and the threat of losing his job.")
x)it must be a relief to have such meaningful assurance that at that early date at least, you were not considered a suspect.
jmo.

Yeah that “loose lipped” retired detective.... It surprises me when anything a police detective privately says to others is viewed as the gospel truth. Even more so, a retired police detective who is no longer bound by an employer’s code of ethics would still be well practised in the art of deception, if he or she had reason to.

Can The Police Lie To Me? | The Defence Group
“Yes, they can.”

YES!!!
I believe it’s time l share this, since there hasn’t been a single media outlet l’ve told, including a promise from Matt Campbell, at Businessweek to print it.
A few days after the Sherman’s were found a VERY close friend attended an early annual Christmas party. I couldn’t attend.
During the party, a retired homicide detective approached her to tell her a number of things:
1. I’m not a suspect.
2. The police KNOW Barry killed Honey, then commited suicide.
3. Barry “****** up” in two place. He killed Honey somewhere else in the house and she was already dead when he hung her. The scene was “cleaned up”. Barry wanted to make it look like a suicide pact.
4. The elaborate computerized security system monitored every window/door that opens and closes. Honey came home 1st: door opens/closes. Barry came home: door opens/closes. NOBODY came in/left. There wasn’t forced entry!
5. The Sherman’s are going to retain a high powered lawyer who will bring in his own team/conduct his own autopsy and forensics. The retired homicide detective will find evidence of intruder/murder.
6. The team hired by the Sherman’s will convince the TPS to change their initial theory of M/S to targeted murders. The police will go quiet.
7. The MOST important prediction he made: Although there will be total confusion on manner of the Sherman’s deaths: the chief coroner WON’T hold a formal inquest!!!
This case screams for a formal inquest which would easily determine M/S. There would be no evidence presented to show murders. This inquest MUST be avoided. There will be a cover-up because the family can’t accept the harsh truth.
Below are the reasons for an inquest taken directly from Ontario’s chief coroners website.
The Five Questions
There are five questions that must be answered when investigating a death:

• Who was the deceased?
  • Where did the death occur?
  • When did the death occur?
  • How did the death occur (i.e. the medical cause)?
  • By what means did the death occur?(i.e. the classification or manner of death: natural, suicide, accident, homicide or undetermined)
I believe something went down at their last meeting at Apotex with the builder J. Brennan. An argument or major disagreement that became very heated. This fight continued at 50 Old Colony....my cousin was finally pushed over the edge and in a rage struck Honey. Again, Barry had a very explosive temper.
The Sherman’s personal body trainer is my brother’s best friends wife. She told my brother that “Barry was unbelievably strong for his age”.
*** From a reliable reporter who works for a major Toronto paper: the police were 85% sure it was M/S after less than 4 hours in the house. He totally believes there’s a cover-up, but cannot run a story questioning the integrity of the TPS....his contacts within the force will completely dry up and the threat of losing his job. Yes: Barry had friends in high places, including the media that are going along with Gomes/Price’s flip/flop and aren’t questioning nor suggesting.
Bottom line: there hasn’t been a single shred of evidence by the TPS or Greenspin to suggest a targeted double murder.
Again, this case screams for a formal coroners inquest to determin the cause of deaths!!!!
It wasn’t: WHY?!?!

*** There you have it. Again, nobody will collect the 10 million. There won’t be an arrest.

It all boils down to proving your claims.

The rules about hearsay in the legal system are similarly used in reputable media outlets.

Reputable media outlets have to fact-check, verify and substantiate the claims made by people they quote in a story. Liability and their reputation is on the line.

Aside from everything you wrote, just isolate one point you made about the alarm system:

- how do you know it to be true?
- Name your source so we can independently verify what they may have said.
-What alarm company did they use?
-Provide the official report from the alarm company, verified by their representatives.
-Was the alarm system fully functional and armed?
- When was the system last checked and updated?
-Did both Honey and Barry Sherman use the system religiously and correctly? Did everyone using the system follow suit?
-List all of the people who had access to the Sherman home and who had knowledge of the alarm system.
-List all of the realtors and people who viewed the home.
-How was the alarm system managed during showings and the open house?
-Show us the raw data and an analysis of the Sherman alarm system in use from January, 2017-January, 2018....

All of the above and many more details, in order for a MSN source to print your claims, would have hold up under legal scrutiny.

ETA: Too long, didn’t read: You can tell the media the moon is made of cheese, but they can’t just broadcast that without proof, or without validating your claims.

Last edited:
My belief from following this case is that a major coverup has occurred.

To collect the life insurance on either parent, the cause of death must follow certain criteria. These parents were more than likely insured for major bucks! Being who the adult children are, Sherman’s, they wield power and can pull strings that none of us could.

The true cause of Barry and Honey’s deaths will never be known IMO. Money buys many things!

It all boils down to proving your claims.

The rules about hearsay in the legal system are similarly used in reputable media outlets.

Reputable media outlets have to fact-check, verify and substantiate the claims made by people they quote in a story. Liability and their reputation is on the line.

Aside from everything you wrote, just isolate one point you made about the alarm system:

- how do you know it to be true?
- Name your source so we can independently verify what they may have said.
-What alarm company did they use?
-Provide the official report from the alarm company, verified by their representatives.
-Was the alarm system fully functional and armed?
- When was the system last checked and updated?
-Did both Honey and Barry Sherman use the system religiously and correctly? Did everyone using the system follow suit?
-List all of the people who had access to the Sherman home and who had knowledge of the alarm system.
-List all of the realtors and people who viewed the home.
-How was the alarm system managed during showings and the open house?
-Show us the raw data and an analysis of the Sherman alarm system in use from January, 2017-January, 2018....

All of the above and many more details, in order for a MSN source to print your claims, would have hold up under legal scrutiny.

ETA: Too long, didn’t read: You can tell the media the moon is made of cheese, but they can’t just broadcast that without proof, or without validating your claims.
I don’t have to prove my integrity. I’ve been more than transparent. You can all call me mentally ill, the main suspect, a liar, etc. This will be my final post:

The FACT is: the Chief Coroner Dirk Huyer never called for a full blown inquest into the Shermans death.
As soon as it was labeled “suspicious” and 6 weeks went by with a reversal to murder: he should have called the inquest.
The BIG question is WHY was it never called. This fact cannot be overlooked nor minimized. I believe once ALL the evidence would have been considered by the 5 panel jury: a ruling of M/S would have been the verdict. Case closed.
The powers that be prevented the inquest. Here lies the cover-up orchestrated by the Sherman family, Greenspin and Tommy-boy Klatt. They ran interference with M. Campbell at Businessweek for only one reason!
Look: the arrests are imminent....just around the corner! LMAO.
Bye-bye.....been a slice.

I don’t have to prove my integrity. I’ve been more than transparent. You can all call me mentally ill, the main suspect, a liar, etc. This will be my final post:

The FACT is: the Chief Coroner Dirk Huyer never called for a full blown inquest into the Shermans death.
As soon as it was labeled “suspicious” and 6 weeks went by with a reversal to murder: he should have called the inquest.
The BIG question is WHY was it never called. This fact cannot be overlooked nor minimized. I believe once ALL the evidence would have been considered by the 5 panel jury: a ruling of M/S would have been the verdict. Case closed.
The powers that be prevented the inquest. Here lies the cover-up orchestrated by the Sherman family, Greenspin and Tommy-boy Klatt. They ran interference with M. Campbell at Businessweek for only one reason!
Please keep posting, just one slice is not enough!

Pizza Slice GIF - Pizza Slice Mozzarella - Discover & Share GIFs

The story that you’re not telling is the most compelling: the story of your late parents, what they achieved, the tremendous tragedy that unfolded with their deaths leaving you orphaned and the paths you and your brothers took in life, your adoptive parents...

I wish you’d work with a good author and tell that story.

The issue of credibility centers on the source of the information given by the retired homicide detective. At best, it came from a high ranking officer involved in the case, and at worse, it is second or third hand gossip. That's why it has to be verified/confirmed by a credible source before it can be generally accepted as the truth. There is no other way to slice it. (did I just say that.. groan) haha

To collect the life insurance on either parent, the cause of death must follow certain criteria. These parents were more than likely insured for major bucks! Being who the adult children are, Sherman’s, they wield power and can pull strings that none of us could.

The true cause of Barry and Honey’s deaths will never be known IMO. Money buys many things!

Combined net worth of about $4 billion and you think there is life insurance fraud going on?

They may not have even had life insurance. It’s hardly necessary. Why are you certain they did?

Combined net worth of about $4 billion and you think there is life insurance fraud going on?

They may not have even had life insurance. It’s hardly necessary. Why are you certain they did?

I use to think very wealthy people didn't buy life insurance. Apparently they do for various reasons, and mainly due to the tax free benefit of large paid claims.

If they were both murdered, it would pay out.

If BS committed suicide, it may/may not pay out for him but HS is still a murder victim.

With all due respect, I doubt life insurance had anything to do with it.

Don't be quick to call everyone in the periphery 'crooked' which is what your post is implying. Not everyone is willing to be 'bought' or risk their reputations.

Last edited:
I use to think very wealthy people didn't buy life insurance. Apparently they do for various reasons, and mainly due to the tax free benefit of large paid claims.

Those aren’t indemnity policies. They are investment products.

Again, with an estate of this size, do you think insurance fraud is likely?

I was responding to your statement that it was "hardly necessary" for the Shermans to have life insurance. Wealthy people carry life insurance due to the tax free status of death benefits. I don't understand your point about indemnity policies.

And no, I don't think insurance fraud is likely.

I was responding to your statement that it was "hardly necessary" for the Shermans to have life insurance. Wealthy people carry life insurance due to the tax free status of death benefits. I don't understand your point about indemnity policies.

And no, I don't think insurance fraud is likely.

Because those policies have cash value regardless, unlike an indemnity policy. They are not windfalls. So the alleged fraud wouldn’t really apply. Don’t you agree?

Explain to me in detail why you think it is necessary? Don’t you think that with their net worth and age, the Shermans should have significant tax-sheltered or after tax liquid assets and cash?

Because those policies have cash value regardless, unlike an indemnity policy. They are not windfalls. So the alleged fraud wouldn’t really apply. Don’t you agree?

Explain to me in detail why you think it is necessary? Don’t you think that with their net worth and age, the Shermans should have significant tax-sheltered or after tax liquid assets and cash?

I didn't say that it was necessary. I don't know if the Shermans carried life insurance. I am not an expert on estate planning. I don't know the Sherman's liquid asset and cash position.

The following statement from the Forbes article " Life Insurance for Billionaires" is one reason a billionaire might carry life insurance.
"One area that has captured the interest of the exceptionally wealthy is the use of life insurance policies to help pay the estate taxes."

Life Insurance For Billionaires

Why the Wealthy Should Buy Lots of Life Insurance

https://www.stettlerindependent.com/local-business/why-wealthy-people-buy-life-insurance/

Re: KW assertions.

First I do not think a retired detective would have access to all these details, and if he did I doubt he would be cavalier enough to share those details at a Christmas party. Sounds more like pure speculation on the detective's part or the person who told Kerry.

Second, motive for the cover-up, protecting the family name is ridiculous because the Shermans were so high profile in Canada, most people have made up their opinion of them, and the nature of their deaths is irrelevant.

Third; to protect an insurance payout for Barry? Most policies have a two year suicide restriction, Chances are Barry was not buying insurance after 70 years of age, so the suicide clause would not be applicable in his case.

Finally, Barry was a brilliant and thoughtful man, organized and methodical. He did not act impulsively or violently that anybody has revealed. He had never displayed any signs of aggression towards Honey. If he wanted her dead a number of years ago he would have had it done. Honey was not the type of lady to take abuse from anybody, not even Barry. If he was violent and physically aggressive, it would have happened years ago, and Honey would have gotten out.

Remember, they is only one person who is talking about Barry and a prior murder plot, aggressive behavior, explosive temper. It would be nice to have some independent corroboration, on those points alone.

On Dec 21st, according to The Star, Gomes had already moved on from the homicide unit.
“The recently promoted Toronto police officer leading the Barry and Honey Sherman murder investigation is also now running the force’s citywide operations centre, police have confirmed.”
New role for lead investigator in Sherman murders | The Star

But on Dec 28th, Idsinga indicated she hadn’t yet taken on her new role, albeit it will happen soon.
“The lead detective Susan Gomes has been promoted to inspector and will soon be moving to a new unit.
Meet the new head of the Toronto Police Service's homicide unit

How soon is soon I wonder? Maybe wishful thinking but I hope the delay is due to homicide charges almost ready to be laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson