CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2021 rbbm.
Generic drugmaker Apotex reportedly reviving sale talks - BNN Bloomberg
''Apotex Inc., a generic-drugmaker whose billionaire founder was mysteriously murdered in 2017, is exploring a sale that could value the Canadian company at several billion dollars, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The closely held company is working with an adviser to field interest, reviving a 2019 review of strategic options, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the deliberations are private. Apotex generates about US$400 million in annual earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, the people said.

Sale considerations are preliminary and no final decision has been made, the people said. A representative for Apotex didn’t immediately have a comment.

The potential sale comes amid a bout of potential deal activity in the generic drug space. Last month, Novartis AG said it might spin off or sell its Sandoz generic-drug unit after it consistently failed to meet expectations due to eroding prices and tough competition. Other big drugmakers such as Pfizer Inc. have also taken steps to move generic drugs off their balance sheets.''

''The company agreed to pay US$49 million to resolve allegations that it conspired to fix the price of a generic cholesterol drug, the Justice Department said in October.''

Should the TPC issue periodic updates on the case? If only to state they are still working on it, and encourage witnesses?

Their time is better spent solving crimes IMO. No need for repetitive ‘nada’ reports.

TPS has not let this go, they’re likely waiting on someone to trip up or someone to say something that gives them the reason to make an arrest.

History has shown that criminals eventually slip up and it leads to their downfall.

Their time is better spent solving crimes IMO. No need for repetitive ‘nada’ reports.

TPS has not let this go, they’re likely waiting on someone to trip up or someone to say something that gives them the reason to make an arrest.

History has shown that criminals eventually slip up and it leads to their downfall.

IMO Quarterly 'nada' reports would be useful if only to rattle some cages.
BTW. Not all criminals slip up, some die first.

As l’ve always maintained: how can there be an arrest of the multiple murderers if Barry killed Honey and hung himself!?!?!
You’re dreaming.

Kerry, I know you’ve always maintained this theory but I have a question.

Death, as we all know is not necessarily a quick nor quiet process, often there are bodily spasms etc.

How did Barry manage to keep his legs crossed and his glasses on while hanging himself?

Why did the police/coroners state that they were murdered?

TIA

This May 2021 podcast has probably already been posted, maybe i just cannot recall the bit about 3 ''witnesses'' (people with info.) coming forward to LE, imo,fwiw.
Aprox @ 4:00
Catching up on the Sherman murder mystery

KD had mentioned in an article that people who had gone to TPS with what they felt was important information, had never been re-interviewed. These are the three witnesses, meaning people with info.

Re only having one officer working on the case (11:57) KD says "One day we will learn the reason for this". He says TPS has a theory..and they are trying to get "one piece of information". If true, that would explain why only one officer is working on an internationally known murder case.

Sounds to me like TPS has zeroed in on who likely killed Barry and Honey. I tend to think that this case involves foreign killers, and payment for the killers was made outside of Canada. jmo

https://twitter.com/i/events/1328716028449271813
''November 17, 2020
Detectives obtain evidence outside Canada on Sherman murders: police
A foreign country has surrendered “evidence” to Toronto homicide detectives probing the targeted murders of billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman, police documents filed in court reveal.''

The lone detective and the Barry and Honey Sherman murder case
By Kevin DonovanChief Investigative Reporter
May 17, 2021
''For the last three and a half years, five days a week, Detective-Constable Dennis Yim of the Toronto police homicide squad sits at his computer, either at police headquarters or his home due to pandemic restrictions. He starts early in the morning, puts in his shift, repeats the next day, looking through data and documents for a proverbial needle in a haystack.

He’s the lone full-time investigator on the high-profile murders of billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman.''

How about you convince us that Barry killed Honey, then hung himself. You haven’t done very well so far.
KW’s right. There may never be an arrest made in this case. That changes nothing however about LE’s determination (and MSM’s coverage) that this was a targeted double homicide.

It is difficult if not impossible to find something that you are not looking for. Nobody is looking for M/S. That train has left the station.

Even if this were to remain an infamous cold case 50 years from now, people will still be trying to identify the murderer who killed both Sherman’s. Jmo

I think the history of investigative conclusions is important. Wasn't this scene analyzed and determined to be murder/suicide? Wasn't it family who did not like that conclusion so they hired investigators who confirmed what they wanted to believe - that it was a double murder?

I suppose the couple had life insurance. If so, I wonder whether that life insurance would be payable in a murder/suicide. Even rich people want to access every penny they believe they can.

Eventually police agreed with the family and it is now investigated as a double murder, but what a bizarre situation for a murderer to spend so much time staging the scene.

KW’s right. There may never be an arrest made in this case. That changes nothing however about LE’s determination (and MSM’s coverage) that this was a targeted double homicide.

It is difficult if not impossible to find something that you are not looking for. Nobody is looking for M/S. That train has left the station.

Even if this were to remain an infamous cold case 50 years from now, people will still be trying to identify the murderer who killed both Sherman’s. Jmo

Nobody is looking for M/S now but everything points to it being considered as a possibility in the beginning. KW never caught the train that left the station, he’s still sitting there. My question to him is why he’s so confident that a M/S occurred, it’d be interesting to get an update from his perspective. He’s told us various stories already including Barry being taped while murdering his wife, CBC having a copy iirc. So if this evidence is out there, is it real or has it been fabricated? What’s up?

I'm open minded to whether this is murder/ suicide, or double murder. I can see interpretation of publicly known evidence in both directions.

Not to disparage the victims, but to tear down a perfectly good multimillion dollar house while unloading a different multimillion dollar house a couple of blocks away? I understand the new property location was perhaps more prestigious, but isn't there something over the top for a man of humble beginnings to tear down a good house because his wife wanted a different floorplan? Why not renovate the multimillion dollar house they had, or live in the house at the better address?

I could see that last meeting about more millions (wasn't the new property house demolished that day) to reveal a difference of opinion/ values between husband and wife. Perhaps not. Perhaps they were both so greedily aware of appearances that demolishing houses for fun and building another house in the same place is a good idea.

They drove home in separate vehicles. She was attacked in the bedroom with his belt. Do I remember that correctly? All appearances are that they arrived home safely. I'm guessing they went to the bedroom to change out of suits and work clothing.

Wasn't she attacked in the bedroom and dragged to the pool room? Wasn't she planning on leaving for the beach a couple of days later?

I'm not convinced that this was a double murder. What is the international evidence that emerged recently?

Why does there have to be a third party when there were grounds for disagreement, financial challenges with multimillion dollar houses, the newly purchased house was demolished for no good reason, she was taking off to Florida again, he was driving a modest vehicle. Was she crashing around like a bull in a china shop?

I see grounds for Barry losing it due to personal financial pressure from his wife. Why wouldn't he drag her to the pool, and when he cooled off decide he better commit suicide as well? While supporting himself, he pulled his coat over his arms to prevent himself from rescuing himself.

If Barry murdered his wife, and had the option of prison or suicide, what would he choose?

Why does there have to be a third party when there were grounds for disagreement, financial challenges with multimillion dollar houses, the newly purchased house was demolished for no good reason, she was taking off to Florida again, he was driving a modest vehicle. Was she crashing around like a bull in a china shop?

I see grounds for Barry losing it due to personal financial pressure from his wife. Why wouldn't he drag her to the pool, and when he cooled off decide he better commit suicide as well? While supporting himself, he pulled his coat over his arms to prevent himself from rescuing himself.

If Barry murdered his wife, and had the option of prison or suicide, what would he choose?

First you assume Barry was unhappy with the money Honey wanted to spend on the new home, chump change compared with the $100 million plus he had spent with Frank D'Angelo ventures, a mere bag of shells compared to his net worth.

What did Barry do with the neck ligatures that caused the deaths, and the hand restraints that he used on Honey and himself? Are you implying after he was dead, he removed them and destroyed them.

Barry was smart, it is all agreed, he was also very analytical. If he did kill Honey, he was intelligent enough to make it look like an accident, call his lawyer and then call 911. If charged, he would not be convicted and walk free. He knew how the system works.

Murder-suicide, not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member