CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badly bungled

I do not think the reason the case has not lead to charges is because it was badly bungled.

You have to give a great deal of credit as well to the perpetrators, for excellent planning and completion of the plan. Very little evidence at the crime scene or other forensic evidence was available.

It is easy to blame to cops, but they are up against real masterminds. Both Holmes and Professor Moriarty would be impressed.

I do not think the reason the case has not lead to charges is because it was badly bungled.

You have to give a great deal of credit as well to the perpetrators, for excellent planning and completion of the plan. Very little evidence at the crime scene or other forensic evidence was available.

It is easy to blame to cops, but they are up against real masterminds. Both Holmes and Professor Moriarty would be impressed.
How does one find a ''mastermind'' killer, or at least a mastermind with an employee killer who is capable, trustworthy and discreet enough to follow (presumably) specific plans to a T ? (Visual unintended)

Could it just be dumb luck? Maybe the murders are for no reason other than a bizarre thrill?

Dare one wonder if H or B somehow ticked off the big P and i am not referring to H's birth country Poland..
speculation, imo. fwiw.

''YORK UNIVERSITY
Extension of York's world-class research centre underway​

August 11, 2022
"Barry and Honey Sherman's legacy at York reflects their deep commitment to providing our students and faculty with the most advanced learning and research environments available," said Lisa Philipps, York University's provost and vice-president academic. "The Sherman Health Sciences Research Centre has since become a world-class centre for interdisciplinary research programs in biomedicine, brain function, vision, robotics and virtual reality. The construction of a new, innovative Neuroscience Laboratory and Research Building will help us to create the next scientific breakthroughs and the next generation of leading health scholars and researchers."

How does one find a ''mastermind'' killer, or at least a mastermind with an employee killer who is capable, trustworthy and discreet enough to follow (presumably) specific plans to a T ? (Visual unintended)

First of all, you need adequate financial resources, then you have to recruit some of the many ex-Mossad, GRU, FSB, KGB,
and other agency personnel, who might be available.

A place to start might be this site and its readers.

Probably organizing this action, was easier than a private space launch.

Off-hand, cannot think of any real clues available to the public beyond the NW video, imo.

''Definition of nightwalker

1: a person who roams about at night especially with criminal intent''
''Of all the people seen on video footage seized from nearby security cameras that night, this person is the only one detectives have been unable to identify and exclude from the investigation, Det. Sgt. Brandon Price said at a news conference at Toronto police headquarters on Tuesday.

"We have been able to eliminate the vast majority of people captured on the video," said Price. "We are left with one individual, whom we have been unable to identify."
Price said police are suspicious of the person's activities because they walk into a "defined area" not captured by video surveillance, stay there for a while, and then leave.

"Through our investigation, we have been unable to determine what this individual's purpose was in the neighbourhood. The timing of this individual's appearance is in line with when we believe the murders took place," said Price. "Based on this evidence, we are classifying this individual as a suspect."

Price said video analysis shows the individual is 5'6" to 5'9" tall, but the person's sex, race and other identifiers cannot be determined.

The video shows the person walking with an unusual gait, where they kick up their right foot with every step.''
Perhaps it was the elimination of all other people found on the different video footage that they had and other things such as eliminating cell phone records by tying them to other people that resulted in some time passing before this specific suspect video footage was released to the public as being the one with the most likely suspect on it along with no cell phone connection use being found for this suspect on that specific day.

:oops:
As if the belts had a certain meaning to the killer ..... As if the killer had seen the belts before and knew, there were two identical belts ..... Why the belts of all objects, you could have found in the home? Someone also had a good sense of proportion to know, that the length of the belts would be sufficient for staging on the railing .....
It looks like a kind of inside job giving the symbolism of two billionaires hanging by their pool with cheap belts.

I believe the Star sell more papers when they trash their own local law enforcement, today so much angst in the media IMO to continue to separate and divide races and cultures. When can we have a media outlet that focuses on the good and happy for 50 minutes and at the end give a brief mention of the hate and crime that is happening, again IMO they glorify it all by using it to make headlines and grab us by our emotions to rile us up with negative energy and crap? (don't ask me about movies and what TV shows get away with glamorizing today, truly sad, IMO - that humans will re-enact from what they have seen and today with the feel of reality in games and TV - it frightens me what young minds will be warped with next)

Once KD published his book most reports have been about TPS and the investigation into the case. Some new information KD let out after his book conflicted or lacked the details he initially reported and again turned into a story that the blame should be on LE as the case remains unsolved.

I no longer believe that TheStar is reporting on the deaths, there is nothing new to say, they only focus on LE failure, sad that they keep belittling the group of civil servants that put their life on the line every day to ensure we the public uphold to the laws of our Country and Province.

If LE and the media worked together in a supportive, trusting, non-selfish, relationship I bet way more crimes could be solved, IMO media and the relentless attention they rip people apart with, deter witnesses from coming forward.

Media rarely sees its role as working with government and its agencies. That is a good thing, as we need the free media to watch those with power.

In the Sherman case, since no charges have been laid, it is easy to blame the TPS, whose role is to solve crimes.

Unfortunately the TPS cannot say "We know who did it, but we do not have enough evidence yet to lay charges". A statement like this would only lead to more criticism.

Sadly not all crimes are solved.

Reluctantly, we have to give some credit to the perpetrators, as they did not make it easy to for the TPS.

For some reason I feel that the Canadian Tire belts are symbolic or make a statement. The Sherman’s would more likely shop at Holt Renfrew. Or somewhere similar. JMO

For some reason I feel that the Canadian Tire belts are symbolic or make a statement. The Sherman’s would more likely shop at Holt Renfrew. Or somewhere similar. JMO
Cheap, "tighten your belt".

Super affluent people can pretty much buy whatever they want, imo, nothing fun in that, no story to tell, or proof of shopping acumen.
But finding (and wearing!) cheap but real, leather belts from Canadian Tire, scores points and gives a billionairess bragging rights!
speculation, imo.

Super affluent people can pretty much buy whatever they want, imo, nothing fun in that, no story to tell, or proof of shopping acumen.
But finding (and wearing!) cheap but real, leather belts from Canadian Tire, scores points and gives a billionairess bragging rights!
speculation, imo.

WOW, I never saw it that way. :eek:

speculation, imo.
Maybe. They are another sort of people, it seems. I'm "poor", Idk about the very rich. But I always find it "sad", when wealthy/rich people don't treat themselves to anything nice, even though they could. It seems so very senseless to me. Consuming in moderation - okay. But save/being stingy on the simplest things - I have NO understanding; I find it unnatural and self-chastening. For what?

Re: one possible police error

KD wrote that the neighbours across the street from the Sherman home offered their cctv footage to the police, but had to remind them to pick it up and days went by before they did.

Maybe the police already had vital cctv footage of the Shermans and the NW that night.

The police *now* have said they had footage of the NW suspect ‘from the beginning’. KD believes the NW accessed the Sherman’s home from the rear, through the back neighbour’s property.

I believe the back neighbours, and others, had the NW on cctv and the police focused on the rear of the property. (My guess is he entered and exited the only door to the basement which was found unlocked.)

ires hanging by their pool with cheap belts.
Maybe. They are another sort of people, it seems. I'm "poor", Idk about the very rich. But I always find it "sad", when wealthy/rich people don't treat themselves to anything nice, even though they could. It seems so very senseless to me. Consuming in moderation - okay. But save/being stingy on the simplest things - I have NO understanding; I find it unnatural and self-chastening. For what?
Where her husband could be frugal to the point of ostentation, Honey, herself known to fly economy, enjoyed a few upper-middle-class trappings: nice jewellery, a Lexus SUV, getaways with “the girls,” shopping in New York with her sister, Mary. At their funeral, long-time Apotex executive Jack Kay recalled Honey and Sherman visiting his house in the early days of Apotex. Taken aback when she saw a swimming pool, Honey called out her husband for telling her they couldn’t afford one. The differences were showcased at a 50th birthday party Honey threw for Sherman. Guests were guided outside to see a new sports car with a big red bow. “Barry was not happy with the gift,” says Rubin. “ ‘Take it back,’ he told Honey.” She did. (Endless court battles, angry relatives and shady players: the truth about Barry Sherman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine