CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, but what type of medications might an amputee have to take? imo fwiw..

''Courage 2 Change was established in memory of Honey and Barry Sherman, and is made possible thanks to the generous support of the Aubrey & Marla Dan Foundation and The Azrieli Foundation.''
Aug 26 2022

''According to the first charge, Teva, Glenmark and Apotex agreed to increase prices for the cholesterol-lowering drug pravastatin and other generic drugs. In the second charge, Teva and Taro are accused of agreeing to increase prices, rig bids and allocate customers for drugs to treat arthritis, seizures, pain, skin conditions and blood clots.
In the third charge, Teva and Sandoz are accused of a conspiracy involving drugs used to treat brain cancer, cystic fibrosis, arthritis and hypert ..''

Aug 22 2022
''Apotex Inc. v. Eli Lilly Canada Inc., 2022 ONCA 587''
''Keywords:
Intellectual Property, Patents, Invalidity, Trademarks, Competition Law, Monopolies, Torts, Civil Conspiracy, Civil Procedure, Costs, Statute of Monopolies''

Last edited:
How does one find a ''mastermind'' killer, or at least a mastermind with an employee killer who is capable, trustworthy and discreet enough to follow (presumably) specific plans to a T ? (Visual unintended)

First of all, you need adequate financial resources, then you have to recruit some of the many ex-Mossad, GRU, FSB, KGB,
and other agency personnel, who might be available.

A place to start might be this site and its readers.

Probably organizing this action, was easier than a private space launch.
It is easier than you would think. A couple of phone calls and a large sum of money and you can get the job done. This kind of thing happens on a daily basis, you just don't hear about it. Think of how the mob operates...think of how the KGB, FSB operate. Think of the countless spies in the world. Think of the Khashoggi hit...(just an example) that was a Saudi hit and did anyone go to prison? I think that's a no iirc.....

Now think of big Pharm.....this can be a very ruthless industry with some "big hitters" steering the industry. They have tones of money and powerful people running things. They could do this with one call. (I'm not saying they did do this) but it's a possibility.

If this was a professional hit he/she would have been paid in the millions of dollars to do this job. These hit men have been in this business for years and they know the drill. They have been trained well and have people that will protect them when things get to hot. They know how to disappear and they know how to keep their mouth shut. This wouldn't have been their "first time"

Also, I think if it was a hit, the Shermans were watched for many months! This had been carefully planned for a long time, possibly even a year or so. Plenty of time for whomever ordered the hit to back out. They didn't so this tells me the person really hated the Shermans and wanted them dead. Pure hatred, or total revenge. They really pissed off someone, or someone was very greedy. One of the 3.....hatred, revenge or greed.
All JMO....

Wondering home many different companies may have bid to work on the ultra- extravagant house that HS was planning to have built?
She must have been fantasizing about the new house for a long time, was anyone promised a big role in bringing those plans to life, but the S's went with a different company? imo, speculation.
HS seems to have seriously dipped and splashed in the world of real estate - acquisitions, demolitions, renovations, maybe she started to really tick off the big bad boys in the pool? imo, speculation.

By Victoria Gibson Dec. 28, 2017 rbbm.

"Just over a year before the billionaire couple’s deaths, a property on Old Forest Hill Rd. was transferred to Honey Sherman.''​

''There would be sliding doors on both floors, and a 207-square-foot glazed opening that spanned across both. Tucked on a slice of land at the corner of Old Forest Hill and Gardiner Rds., the project — involving work by Holbrook + Associates Landscape Architects, Brennan Custom Homes Inc. and Villa Villa Architects Inc, according to the plans submitted to the city — would have spared no details.''

''Outside, gardens would wrap around the house, with
spots designated for sculptures. An outdoor dining area included a barbecue station, trailing over to a concrete path, another sculpture and a high garden wall. Stepping stones would lead you to the driveway. Three vehicles could fit in the garage, which included a car lift.''

''The Old Forest Hill Rd. property was transferred to Honey for $0 in 2016 from Abraham J. Green Ltd. The property was once owned by another prominent couple in philanthropic circles and the Jewish community, the late Al and Malka Green. Honey and Malka were both directors at the Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies.

Real estate lawyer Mark Weisleder reviewed the property transfer record for the Star, and explained that the Shermans would have paid the provincial and municipal land-transfer taxes directly to the Ministry of Finance and the City of Toronto before the sale closed to avoid having the cost of the property show up on property records.''

''The Bernard Sherman Family Trust, of which Honey is a trustee, bought a property in Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., six years ago. The property was granted to the family trust for $10, according to a warranty deed from 2011.

A previous real estate listing for the unit, on the 34th floor of a 37-storey beachfront condominium, includes sprawling ocean views, statues on the porch and floor-to-ceiling windows.

A neighbour in Florida, Mikhail Pikover, told the Star that the couple was very quiet and nice, but only came to their place there twice a year''
FORESTHILL property.
1661783651562.png
1661783890759.png
A bulldozer tears down the home of Honey and Barry Sherman at 50 Old Colony Road

I think the TPS needs to do another press conference soon, to keep this case in the public eye. Let the public know where the case stands and what reward money is available.

Sometimes cold cases are solved by somebody hearing something, seeing something, remembering something and reporting something to LE.

Publicity jogs memories.

I think the TPS needs to do another press conference soon, to keep this case in the public eye. Let the public know where the case stands and what reward money is available.

Sometimes cold cases are solved by somebody hearing something, seeing something, remembering something and reporting something to LE.

Publicity jogs memories.

TPS has never felt the need to keep the public informed in this case, and I can't see them changing protocol, as frustrating as it is. The video of the night walker was 8 months ago, and I guess we were lucky to see it four years after the fact. They had to show it after they told the media that they had one suspect.

They asked for public input early in the case, and after the latest video, but they don't remind the public of the $10 million reward. I suspect that they, and the family's lawyer, have wasted many hours chasing down lame tips because of the size of the reward. This is an example of when large rewards become a hinderance and not an asset.

I don't think they have anything new to report, which is disappointing. This case doesn't need publicity like cases of murdered people who aren't billionaires. Nobody has forgotten this case imo.

TPS has never felt the need to keep the public informed in this case, and I can't see them changing protocol, as frustrating as it is. The video of the night walker was 8 months ago, and I guess we were lucky to see it four years after the fact. They had to show it after they told the media that they had one suspect.

They asked for public input early in the case, and after the latest video, but they don't remind the public of the $10 million reward. I suspect that they, and the family's lawyer, have wasted many hours chasing down lame tips because of the size of the reward. This is an example of when large rewards become a hinderance and not an asset.

I don't think they have anything new to report, which is disappointing. This case doesn't need publicity like cases of murdered people who aren't billionaires. Nobody has forgotten this case imo.

I watch a lot of true crime on TV and I am always impressed the the times the family of the victim(s) in cold cases take on an active role, doing media events, holding vigils, literally hounding the LE investigation team, contacting politicians and so on.

I am curious to know if either someone in the family or at Apotex is taking on such an activist role?

Finally, I wonder if the reason the $10 million reward has not worked is because the people who know something relevant do not think $10 million is not much money?

I watch a lot of true crime on TV and I am always impressed the the times the family of the victim(s) in cold cases take on an active role, doing media events, holding vigils, literally hounding the LE investigation team, contacting politicians and so on.

I am curious to know if either someone in the family or at Apotex is taking on such an activist role?

Finally, I wonder if the reason the $10 million reward has not worked is because the people who know something relevant do not think $10 million is not much money?
It looks like mostly Kevin Donovan and the Toronto Star have been taking an active role in this since most of the news on this case has mostly come from them while not very much has come from LE.

Looks like JS has Doug Grady looking after his part while all of his sisters have John Rosen.

It would appear that whoever may be behind this may be the only one who knows about it and is not going to risk getting arrested for any amount of money that is being offered.

Last edited:
The multiple murderers will be arrested soon: NOT!
No suspects have been publicly identified. “I don't think we'll ever know what happened,” Mr. Kay said.

Last edited:

It looks like LE went public with the NW video several years later after they had exhausted every possibility in trying to identify who the suspect on the video is. Also, it doesn't help that the Shermans knew and interacted with many people including family, friends, employees, etc. This is thousands of people as was evident at their funeral event.

No suspects have been publicly identified. “I don't think we'll ever know what happened,” Mr. Kay said.
“Just follow the money and you might come up with something,” he (Mr. Kay) advised.

If you follow the money you end up in one of four places, assuming one(or more) of those destinations are the correct one, you need evidence.

I believe that is where the TPS stands, a lacking strong evidence that will lead to charges and conviction.

If you believe one of those four destinations is the correct one, how do you prove it? Opinions do not count in a courtroom. The NW is a suspect, and the TPS has probably cause to at least question him and possibly arrest him. But they cannot find him.

If the TPS has not put 100% max effort in locating the NW, they must now. If the perpetrator(s) sense the NW may be arrested, the NW's life will be at risk. If the TPS can get to the NW he will likely talk.

Locating the NW (if he is still alive) has to be the #1 priority of Canadian law enforcement. IMO

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>

One of the ways that this case will not be forgotten is for members in this forum keep talking about it here and in public.

Also asking for updates from the TPS is worthwhile.

Local elections are coming up in Toronto, let the candidates know you care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re post of link that raised some eyebrows when i first posted it, still wondering if at the time it made the perp/s a little jumpy, although the NW might have to hop?
Curious too what the "pattern of behavior" might entail?
speculation, imo.fwiw

''Mar. 15 2021 rbbm
Police investigating the brutal 2017 double murder of Canadian billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman have established a “person of interest” in the slayings — and an arrest could be imminent, a source close to law-enforcement has told Radar.''

Canadian police have developed a theory and motive about what happened to the Shermans, who were hanged by their necks to disguise the December 15, 2017, killings as a murder-suicide.''

''That theory has been bolstered by a “pattern of behavior” that has continued for the last two years and is being closely examined and watched by law enforcement, a source said.''

What did his will say before he changed it? I don't recall...I am asking because I am just wondering if he didn't change his will 9 months before the murders if the murderer would have just killed Barry? When he changed his will he left everything to Honey, what did it say before he changed it? Does anyone recall?

What did his will say before he changed it? I don't recall...I am asking because I am just wondering if he didn't change his will 9 months before the murders if the murderer would have just killed Barry? When he changed his will he left everything to Honey, what did it say before he changed it? Does anyone recall?

2021 rbbm Lengthy article..
''The Star has also learned that nine months before the murders, Barry added a codicil to his will, reducing from eight to four the number of trustees who would preside over his estate. The three Sherman daughters lost their spots as trustees, but son Jonathon kept his. (The relatively new term “estate trustee,” used interchangeably with “executor,” conveys a key legal concept: estate trustees receive the estate of the deceased in trust and have a fiduciary duty to administer it properly, and without conflict of interest, on behalf of the beneficiaries.)''

''Why is all of this important? The Toronto police have said in open court during the Star’s ongoing attempts to unseal search warrant documents that the estate of Barry Sherman is “embedded” in their homicide investigation. It is important, but police will not say why.''

''While it is not unusual for one spouse to leave assets or income from a business to the other, confidants of the Shermans previously said they thought Barry’s will was not overly generous to Honey.''

''The first Sherman will the Star is aware of (the Star does not know if there were earlier versions) was created and signed in 2013. Barry was 70 that year. The will provided instructions and also listed eight trustees to oversee his estate after death. The trustees were Jack Kay, Craig Baxter (then president of Sherfam, the Sherman family holding company), Mike Florence (husband of Barry’s sister Sandra), Allen Shechtman (husband of Honey’s sister Mary), and Barry and Honey’s grown children, Lauren, Jonathon, Alexandra and Kaelen.

As to instructions, the will stated that should Barry die and Honey survive for 30 days after his death, Honey would have full access to the net income of the estate.''

Curious too what the "pattern of behavior" might entail?
speculation, imo.fwiw

''Mar. 15 2021 rbbm
Police investigating the brutal 2017 double murder of Canadian billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman have established a “person of interest” in the slayings — and an arrest could be imminent, a source close to law-enforcement has told Radar.''

Canadian police have developed a theory and motive about what happened to the Shermans, who were hanged by their necks to disguise the December 15, 2017, killings as a murder-suicide.''

''That theory has been bolstered by a “pattern of behavior” that has continued for the last two years and is being closely examined and watched by law enforcement, a source said.''
Another member and I had started working on a timeline.. this is what we have for 'the last two years' (prior to the article date of March 2021).. if anyone has anything to add, please mention. imo.:

-February, 2019, Green Storage paid $1.2 million for a storage facility in Scarborough. According to land title documents, a $25 million loan from Hour Holdings was registered on title.

-March 22, 2019, The Star was informed that the Sherman case now has a new lead investigator, Det. Sgt. Brandon Price.

-April, 4, 2019, Confirming previous speculation, Apotex is for sale. Since the murders, Apotex had previously sold off some of their holdings, and ended some new projects that Barry Sherman was working on prior to his death.

-May 4, 2019, Urban explorer hopped fence, entered the Sherman residence, discovered Sherman home on Old Colony Rd was going to be demolished with many items left inside.

-May 6, 2019, Sherman home on Old Colony Rd was demolished.

-Summer 2019, Kaelen and her husband were divorced.

-August 25, 2019, Ontario's land registry records show the Old Colony Road land was transferred to the Shermans' estate and children on this date.

-August 27, 2019, Vacant lot at 50 Old Colony Road was sold.

-September 6, 2019, Results of a prior production order came in to TPS and after being analyzed by TPS Intelligence Unit, a 41-page report was issued to investigators on this date; in court ‘this week’ Yim’s affidavit noted some of the tips provided by private team appear to be incomplete or missing.

-October 29, 2019, Toronto Star chief investigative journalist, and author, Kevin Donovan’s book titled ‘The Billionaire Murders: The Mysterious Deaths of Honey and Barry Sherman’ is published.

-December 16, 2019, The Sherman private investigation ends, police ask the public to re-submit to Toronto Police any tips they may have shared with the private team. The Shermans announce they have confidence in the police investigation. The private team’s tip line was shut down.

-December 16, 2019 Article: Asked by the Star [but does not specify on which date] if a crown attorney had been consulted — which sometimes occurs if police are considering charges or have a particularly difficult search warrant request to formulate — Yim replied that one had been consulted by homicide detectives on the case. Yim would not say why.

-March 19, 2020, Winter/Barkin Sherman cousin V Sherman Estate SCC application is dismissed, case will not be heard by the SCC.

-August, 2020, An electronic file containing 20 gigabytes of information — was turned over to the Toronto police, eight months after the private investigation ended. … Yim said police are trying to determine the “fullness and completeness” of the information and are trying to match the private detective’s information with their existing information, and trying to determine what, if any, of the tips are credible. He anticipates it will take several more months to finish this process.

-November 25, 2020, Police announce they have a PERSON (singular) of interest in the case.

-November 27, 2020, Police clarify they have “Numerous ‘PERSONS of interest’ in the case.

-December 19, 2020, noon, Jonathon Sherman finally meets with Kevin Donovan for his first interview with him after numerous requests over the preceding three years. The interview lasts five hours, and takes place in Jonathon’s garage at his property outside of Toronto. He shares that his “biggest issue is that his sister Alex believes he was involved in the murders which has created a family rift that will likely never heal.”

-February 3, 2021, The CBC reports that Jonathon Sherman has hired new legal counsel and his own investigator to look into the murders of his parents.

-February 20, 2021, The Toronto Star reports that there is a division in leadership at Apotex. Family members and top employees side with the three Sherman daughters against Jonathon Sherman.

Another member and I had started working on a timeline.. this is what we have for 'the last two years' (prior to the article date of March 2021).. if anyone has anything to add, please mention. imo.:

-February, 2019, Green Storage paid $1.2 million for a storage facility in Scarborough. According to land title documents, a $25 million loan from Hour Holdings was registered on title.

-March 22, 2019, The Star was informed that the Sherman case now has a new lead investigator, Det. Sgt. Brandon Price.

-April, 4, 2019, Confirming previous speculation, Apotex is for sale. Since the murders, Apotex had previously sold off some of their holdings, and ended some new projects that Barry Sherman was working on prior to his death.

-May 4, 2019, Urban explorer hopped fence, entered the Sherman residence, discovered Sherman home on Old Colony Rd was going to be demolished with many items left inside.

-May 6, 2019, Sherman home on Old Colony Rd was demolished.

-Summer 2019, Kaelen and her husband were divorced.

-August 25, 2019, Ontario's land registry records show the Old Colony Road land was transferred to the Shermans' estate and children on this date.

-August 27, 2019, Vacant lot at 50 Old Colony Road was sold.

-September 6, 2019, Results of a prior production order came in to TPS and after being analyzed by TPS Intelligence Unit, a 41-page report was issued to investigators on this date; in court ‘this week’ Yim’s affidavit noted some of the tips provided by private team appear to be incomplete or missing.

-October 29, 2019, Toronto Star chief investigative journalist, and author, Kevin Donovan’s book titled ‘The Billionaire Murders: The Mysterious Deaths of Honey and Barry Sherman’ is published.

-December 16, 2019, The Sherman private investigation ends, police ask the public to re-submit to Toronto Police any tips they may have shared with the private team. The Shermans announce they have confidence in the police investigation. The private team’s tip line was shut down.

-December 16, 2019 Article: Asked by the Star [but does not specify on which date] if a crown attorney had been consulted — which sometimes occurs if police are considering charges or have a particularly difficult search warrant request to formulate — Yim replied that one had been consulted by homicide detectives on the case. Yim would not say why.

-March 19, 2020, Winter/Barkin Sherman cousin V Sherman Estate SCC application is dismissed, case will not be heard by the SCC.

-August, 2020, An electronic file containing 20 gigabytes of information — was turned over to the Toronto police, eight months after the private investigation ended. … Yim said police are trying to determine the “fullness and completeness” of the information and are trying to match the private detective’s information with their existing information, and trying to determine what, if any, of the tips are credible. He anticipates it will take several more months to finish this process.

-November 25, 2020, Police announce they have a PERSON (singular) of interest in the case.

-November 27, 2020, Police clarify they have “Numerous ‘PERSONS of interest’ in the case.

-December 19, 2020, noon, Jonathon Sherman finally meets with Kevin Donovan for his first interview with him after numerous requests over the preceding three years. The interview lasts five hours, and takes place in Jonathon’s garage at his property outside of Toronto. He shares that his “biggest issue is that his sister Alex believes he was involved in the murders which has created a family rift that will likely never heal.”

-February 3, 2021, The CBC reports that Jonathon Sherman has hired new legal counsel and his own investigator to look into the murders of his parents.

-February 20, 2021, The Toronto Star reports that there is a division in leadership at Apotex. Family members and top employees side with the three Sherman daughters against Jonathon Sherman.
Very helpful. Thanks so much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member