CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why bother staging the bodies on a railing with belts other than the killer anticipated no homicide investigation would occur?
Was someone saying that their cheap leather gift belts killed the rich billionaires? The belts are described in detail in KD's book on page 263 with regard to their lengths.

rbbm, 1996
David A Chiasson
  • ''The hyoid is the U-shaped bone of the neck that is fractured in one-third of all homicides by strangulation. On this basis, postmortem detection of hyoid fracture is relevant to the diagnosis of strangulation. However, since many cases lack a hyoid fracture, the absence of this finding does not exclude strangulation as a cause of death. The reasons why some hyoids fracture and others do not may relate to the nature and magnitude of force applied to the neck, age of the victim, nature of the instrument (ligature or hands) used to strangle, and intrinsic anatomic features of the hyoid bone. We compared the case profiles and xeroradiographic appearance of the hyoids of 20 victims of homicidal strangulation with and without hyoid fracture (n = 10, each). The fractured hyoids occurred in older victims of strangulation (39 +/- 14 years) when compared to the victims with unfractured hyoids (30 +/- 10 years). The age-dependency of hyoid fracture correlated with the degree of ossification or fusion of the hyoid synchondroses. The hyoid was fused in older victims of strangulation (41 +/- 12 years) whereas the unfused hyoids were found in the younger victims (28 +/- 10 years). In addition, the hyoid bone was ossified or fused in 70% of all fractured hyoids, but, only 30% of the unfractured hyoids were fused. The shape of the hyoid bone was also found to differentiate fractured and unfractured hyoids. Fractured hyoids were longer in the anterior-posterior plane and were more steeply sloping when compared with unfractured hyoids. These data indicate that hyoids of strangulation victims, with and without fracture, are distinguished by various indices of shape and rigidity. On this basis, it may be possible to explain why some victims of strangulation do not have fractured hyoid bones.'''
''Having Pickup present was key to Chiasson being able to conduct a successful second set of post-mortems. As with the description of the official autopsy, neither Chiasson nor Pickup would agree to be interviewed. This account is pieced together from people with knowledge of what happened that day.

It was important to Chiasson that he not misinterpret anything done in the first round the previous Saturday. Pickup told Chiasson that he had not finalized his report. In fact, the official autopsy report would not be finalized for more than a month. Pickup had not reached a conclusion on the manner of death, and three theories were being considered: murder-suicide, double suicide, and double homicide.

Pickup had made a determination of the medical cause of death — ligature neck compression — but he was not prepared to state with 100 per cent certainty what caused the compression. Blood and oxygen flow had been cut off by something being wrapped around their necks, but the police had not made a determination as to the type of ligature, although the leather belts were a strong candidate.''

I would like to get back to the Night Walker for a moment. The TPS were pretty confident he was in the Sherman home at the time of the murders. We can be pretty sure if arrested, he can be charged with some offence, if only trespassing or breaking and entering.

If he is part of the kill-team, chances are, he has information on who the mastermind could be, or at least who the NW's contact is, which could lead to the mastermind.

It has been a number of months since the TPS has showed the NW video and asked for the public's help.

Has the TPS learned anything yet? If the TPS received leads and tips, they should have completed investigating them by now. What are the results of those investigations? Have they resulted in anything? I feel the TPS should let the public know if the request by the TPS has lead anywhere.

Soon after the NW video, I suggested the TPS review all border crossing activity in Canada to see if they could see the NW entering and leaving Canada (Based on my theory the NW was a non-resident).

Has the TPS even attempted to do this?
Has the TPS any reason that the NW is a resident of Canada?

To be honest I watched a show where the TPS bungled a possible murder investigation, and now wonder how persevering they are in this case.

The fact there is no feedback from the TPS makes one wonder if any hard digging is being done?

What if the Night Walker is actually responsible for other unsolved murders in the city?! imo.
Just now noticed the link at the bottom of the ^ post, Ws thread..

Last edited:
What if the Night Walker is actually responsible for other unsolved murders in the city?! imo.
Just now noticed the link at the bottom of the ^ post, Ws thread..

In the Alloura Wells murder, the main suspect is/was her boyfriend. His physical appearance does not match the NW.
Charges against the boyfriend will likely never be laid, due to the lack of evidence, in my opinion.

In the Alloura Wells murder, the main suspect is/was her boyfriend. His physical appearance does not match the NW.
Charges against the boyfriend will likely never be laid, due to the lack of evidence, in my opinion.
Sorry for the miscommunication, i wanted to provide a Ws link for the A. Wells murder referenced in the post, what i really want to know is, did the Night Walker committed any murders prior to, or after the Sherman murders? imo, speculation.

Sorry for the miscommunication, i wanted to provide a Ws link for the A. Wells murder referenced in the post, what i really want to know is, did the Night Walker committed any murders prior to, or after the Sherman murders? imo, speculation.

My speculation is that the NW is a professional assassin, not from Canada. He likely has committed a number of murders worldwide, but is not in the classic sense, a serial killer.

If he is an assassin, and has murdered before, is ligature strangulation his usual choice of method? It might be worthwhile for the TPS to check the worldwide database, of unsolved ligature strangulation cases for the last 20 years.

I would focus on victims who were either rich, and or politically involved, or prominent in their society.
Examples are

Olaf Palme, Swedish Prime Minister (shot)

Candice Cohen-Ahnine (35), fell to her death in Paris on August 16, 2012. Her death is considered suspicious in nature due to the circumstances.

Gareth Williams (32), a Welsh mathematician who worked for British intelligence GCHQ,

At List of unsolved deaths - Wikipedia, is where I found a list.

Interesting is how many cases the cause of death is undetermined. A good assassin is less likely to be caught, when the police are not sure what happened.

Is the Night Walker the only person caught on video camera near the time of their murders? I would think there would be dog walkers, avid exercisers, etc. out at any time of day or night. The Sherman's lived in a safe neighbourhood so security wouldn't have stopped people from being out.

Is the Night Walker the only person caught on video camera near the time of their murders? I would think there would be dog walkers, avid exercisers, etc. out at any time of day or night. The Sherman's lived in a safe neighbourhood so security wouldn't have stopped people from being out.
No, not the only person, but reportedly the only person whom they could not account for.

The NW was the only person caught on video that the TPS could not identify. They identified all the dogwalkers, exercisers and the like and cleared them.

The NW was the only person caught on video that the TPS could not identify. They identified all the dogwalkers, exercisers and the like and cleared them.
Maybe that is why it took so long for LE to release the NW video since they had to eliminate everyone else as suspects in other videos. It amazes me how composed the NW appears to be walking in the video after having killed two people.

It is my understanding that Apotex has been sold, subject to regulatory approval. I will try and post announcement when it is available.
Thanks for posting.

Drug company founded by murdered billionaire Barry Sherman agrees to takeover

In a news release issued Wednesday morning, SK Capital Partners LP announced it has reached an agreement to acquire Apotex Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc.

“We are excited to work with SK Capital, whose industry expertise and resources will help grow our leadership in the market and maintain our focus on improving access to high-quality affordable medicines for millions of patients worldwide,” Jeff Watson, President and CEO of Apotex, said.

Terms of the takeover were not publicly disclosed and the companies said the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals.

Drug company founded by murdered billionaire Barry Sherman agrees to takeover

It is my understanding that Apotex has been sold, subject to regulatory approval. I will try and post announcement when it is available.
After being on Ws it will take a while to get used to the new company name - iykwim.. SK Capitol.

''Sherman, along with his wife Honey, were found dead in their Toronto home in December 2017. Toronto police identified a suspect in the murders last December but have yet to make any arrests in the case.

Bloomberg News reported in November 2021 that Apotex was exploring a sale. Given that Apotex is privately owned, financials are not readily available. Based on sources, Bloomberg reported that Apotex was posting about US$400 million in annual earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization. The reporting indicated that Apotex could be valued at “several billion dollars” in a sale.''

Jeff Watson, President and CEO of Apotex said “We are excited to work with SK Capital, whose industry expertise and resources will help grow our leadership in the market and maintain our focus on improving access to high-quality affordable medicines for millions of patients worldwide.”

Closing of the transaction is subject to the satisfaction of customary regulatory conditions.

Lead arrangers RBC Capital Markets, The Bank of Nova Scotia, HSBC and Truist Securities are providing committed financing in support of the transaction. RBC Capital Markets, Scotiabank, Jefferies LLC and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. served as financial advisors to SK Capital and Kirkland & Ellis and McMillan LLP served as legal counsel.

Rothschild & Co served as financial advisor to Apotex and Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg served as legal counsel.''

''SK Capital is a private investment firm with a disciplined focus on the specialty materials, specialty chemicals, and pharmaceuticals sectors. The firm seeks to build strong and growing businesses that create substantial long-term economic value. SK Capital aims to utilize its industry, operating, and investment experience to identify opportunities to transform businesses into higher performing organizations with improved strategic positioning, growth, and profitability, as well as lower operating risk. SK Capital’s portfolio of businesses generates revenues of approximately USD $16 billion annually, employs more than 20,000 people globally and operates 203 plants in 32 countries. The firm currently has approximately USD $6.6 billion of assets under management. For more information, please visit www.skcapitalpartners.com.''

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member