CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, maybe other airports hold on to security cctv longer than does Pearson, If the perp travelled they would also have to land somewhere..
Maybe there is another country that has a data collection which includes a match for the NW, but has not yet been compared? speculation.
Interesting video, the above comment is in response to this bit starting approx. @ 2:14. fwiw.

Just a thought, maybe other airports hold on to security cctv longer than does Pearson, If the perp travelled they would also have to land somewhere..
Maybe there is another country that has a data collection which includes a match for the NW, but has not yet been compared? speculation.
Interesting video, the above comment is in response to this bit starting approx. @ 2:14. fwiw.

Wow very interesting and impressive thanks for posting DOTR. Conversely the TPS was busy searching sewers……

1667361020762.png
November 1, 2022 Christian Collington
''TORONTO — Alex Krawczyk says music has been the route to healing from the shocking and unsolved murder of her parents Barry and Honey Sherman nearly five years ago.

Reflecting on her debut folk album, the singer-songwriter says putting her thoughts into song has been one way to process a tragedy that forever changed her family.

“It’s been very heavy,” she said in a phone interview.

“Shock, grief, heartache, confusion, fear, anger and sadness. All sorts of really challenging things that I’m learning to live with years later.”

The warm reception of “Le Olam,” which was released earlier this year, has been a part of moving forward, she said. Last month, the album helped her earn anomination for new/emerging artist of the year at the Canadian Folk Music Awards.''

View attachment 377339
''TORONTO — Alex Krawczyk says music has been the route to healing from the shocking and unsolved murder of her parents Barry and Honey Sherman nearly five years ago.

Reflecting on her debut folk album, the singer-songwriter says putting her thoughts into song has been one way to process a tragedy that forever changed her family.

“Shock, grief, heartache, confusion, fear, anger and sadness. All sorts of really challenging things that I’m learning to live with years later.”

The warm reception of “Le Olam,” which was released earlier this year, has been a part of moving forward, she said. Last month, the album helped her earn anomination for new/emerging artist of the year at the Canadian Folk Music Awards.''
I thought that Alex's song would be of interest to all of us who care about Barry and Honey. She is a gifted singer and song writer and I know her parents would be very proud of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the time no autopsy had been done and LE didn’t know for certain death was by ligature. But only they know what they were looking for

Nov 4 2022
''Kevin Donovan, an investigative reporter with the Toronto Star, will be the guest speaker at the Canadian Club of Halton dinner on Thursday, Nov. 17.

The event will take place at the Oakville Conference Centre, 2515 Wyecroft Rd., with registration and a cash bar opening at 6 p.m., followed by dinner and Donovan’s presentation from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Donovan will discuss his latest book, “The Billionaire Murders: The Mysterious Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman.”

View attachment 377339

Beautiful voice and words to her song.

Nov 4 2022
''Kevin Donovan, an investigative reporter with the Toronto Star, will be the guest speaker at the Canadian Club of Halton dinner on Thursday, Nov. 17.

The event will take place at the Oakville Conference Centre, 2515 Wyecroft Rd., with registration and a cash bar opening at 6 p.m., followed by dinner and Donovan’s presentation from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Donovan will discuss his latest book, “The Billionaire Murders: The Mysterious Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman.”
Anyone going to this event?

I have been considering the suggestions by some that BS had someone in the car with him when he arrived home. I assume thatLE has obtained camera footage from different cameras at apotex, and on roadways etc. between apoTex and his home on the night of the murders. Surely they would have done this and would therefore know if BS stopped anywhere after leaving his office. Is it possible that LE failed to gather this video evidence? Even I can’t believe they wouldn’t have done that.

I was more confident in the TPS's ability to perform this sort detailed investigative research, but when we learned the TPS failed to secure the CCTV recordings at the Toronto airport, (even though they are kept for 30 days by the airport). As well the video of the NW was only released to the public years after the murders.

It is my opinion that possibly there was somebody in the car, either with Honey or Barry, when they arrived home.
That creates a puzzle for me, as how did this 'passenger' leave the Sherman house?

Since the TPS has stated they have identified everybody but the NW who was near the Sherman house, is it possible the TPS knows the identity of the 'passenger' and not released it to the public?

We are coming up to the fifth anniversary of the Sherman crime, and my confidence in the TPS is rapidly deteriorating. I think they are at the point of having exhausted all their investigative abilities and are patiently waiting for a 'break' 'tip' or 'informer' in other words 'luck' to get this case back on track.

I suggest it may be time for a new approach, such as,

1) Assign a new investigative team to take over the case, possibly from a different police agency (OPP; RCMP)

2) Alternatively, create an interagency 'task force' based around the existing TPS team, who could add some vigor to the case.

3) Get CSIS involved, as the death of the Shermans could have had a serious yet unseen impact of the Pharmaceutical industry in Canada with serious economic and security implications. Since the TPS has implied that non-Canadians were involved in the deaths, why would the top National security and intelligence agency not be involved?

We are coming up to the fifth anniversary of the Sherman crime, and my confidence in the TPS is rapidly deteriorating. I think they are at the point of having exhausted all their investigative abilities and are patiently waiting for a 'break' 'tip' or 'informer' in other words 'luck' to get this case back on track.

1) Assign a new investigative team to take over the case, possibly from a different police agency (OPP; RCMP)

2) Alternatively, create an interagency 'task force' based around the existing TPS team, who could add some vigor to the case.

3) Get CSIS involved, as the death of the Shermans could have had a serious yet unseen impact of the Pharmaceutical industry in Canada with serious economic and security implications. Since the TPS has implied that non-Canadians were involved in the deaths, why would the top National security and intelligence agency not be involved?
All good suggestions. But I fear that the horse has left the barn re possible evidence that was missed or ignored by LE that can never be recovered or recreated. After 5 years it is hard to imagine that anyone will ever be charged for these murders IMO.

You make some very good points. The public would feel more confident to know that TPS reached out to different agencies to help solve this case, and the case could have benefited by outside help, which is obvious after five years unsolved.

The OPP are often called in to provide their expertise in solving homicides. The CSIS is also another valuable resource. What we don't know is if TPS ever asked for help, because they wont tell us. Usually an OPP involvement would be an announcement that would assure the public that all man power and expertise is working on the case. That has never happened. TPS has one person working the case. I think it is time for the OPP, for one, becomes involved in this investigation for many reasons that have been discussed. The OPP should have been involved early on imo.

They first saw the NW video about a month or more after the murder but it probably took them some time after seeing all the other videos and identifying other people on it to reach the point where the NW was the only person left unidentified after identifying and eliminating everyone else. Thus, this is why it could have taken some time.

I like your summation it is well described. How could LE ask GTAA for all security footage that would already be taped over/ past 30 day retention.

I think we sometimes learn information today and then we try to place the cart before the horse so to speak.

We cannot be angry that no one asked to see the footage in the first 30 days, they still had no suspect with description to look for. If LE did they would not have focused on the possibility of M/S for so long.

And possibly a warrant is required and what evidence would anyone have to say that the unknown assailant that they have no description other than a possible height, that may have taken a flight on or around Dec 13th.

IMO if LE had gone and grabbed such video from any and all airports/train stations etc and then assigned multiple resources to looking for something they are not sure of yet, the TorontoStar would be all over LE for wasting tax payers time and money looking for an unknown person for all this time. LE cannot win, they need to keep as much detailed information private, for the deceased privacy, the family privacy and anguish and in case a trial is had. Yet they need to keep the public at ease. Not an easy spot between a rock and a hard place.

I like your summation it is well described. How could LE ask GTAA for all security footage that would already be taped over/ past 30 day retention.

I think we sometimes learn information today and then we try to place the cart before the horse so to speak.

We cannot be angry that no one asked to see the footage in the first 30 days, they still had no suspect with description to look for. If LE did they would not have focused on the possibility of M/S for so long.

And possibly a warrant is required and what evidence would anyone have to say that the unknown assailant that they have no description other than a possible height, that may have taken a flight on or around Dec 13th.

IMO if LE had gone and grabbed such video from any and all airports/train stations etc and then assigned multiple resources to looking for something they are not sure of yet, the TorontoStar would be all over LE for wasting tax payers time and money looking for an unknown person for all this time. LE cannot win, they need to keep as much detailed information private, for the deceased privacy, the family privacy and anguish and in case a trial is had. Yet they need to keep the public at ease. Not an easy spot between a rock and a hard place.
Bobbi, you sound like an apologist for the TPS. Yes, law enforcement agencies have a difficult role in society, and that is why they have special powers that no other group of individuals have. They have a difficult role as part of the Justice system, and they are always under scrutiny.

However,
  • A simple phone call to the transportation agencies, to, not erase any video in a specific period of time would not require any search warrant.
  • You cannot assume what the Toronto Star would do, and in fact spending 4 years and not arresting anybody is a greater waste of taxpayers money.
  • LE should not be concerned about 'winning' they are not in a popularity contest. Their job is to enforce the laws of the land. Some of these jobs are easy, like handing out speeding tickets, other are more difficult like arresting killers.

. Some of these jobs are easy, like handing out speeding tickets, other are more difficult like arresting killers.
ribm.
Sometimes handing out speeding tickets can lead to arresting a killer, or getting killed by one of them, imo
''Const. Andrew Hong, 48, a member of the Toronto Police Service's traffic services unit, was fatally shot in Mississauga while on a joint training exercise with the Peel and York regional police services. He died at the scene.''

Re the fatal stabbing of 4 students at the University of Idaho:
“…. After initially saying there was no ongoing danger, police reversed themselves Wednesday. “We cannot say that there is no threat to the community,” Moscow Police Chief James Fry said. “We still believe it’s a targeted attack. But the reality is there still is a person out there who committed four very horrible, horrible crimes.…”

similar to the original statement made by LE in the Sherman murder. Except they never reversed themselves later To warn the public to be vigilant. The Idaho attacks appear targeted, just like the Sherman’s. So Why did the TPS not think the Sherman’s neighbours could also be at risk and warning them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members