Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they didn't have an alarm system. Toronto Star article. Remember, BS was frugal and alarm systems can be fairly expensive.

I read on this forum that an ADT tech. was there helping the police interpret information on the Sherman's alarm system. What they did not seem to have were outside cameras, or cameras inside the house, other than the pool camera, and it had been disconnected at some point. IMO

A source close to the family said a second autopsy was conducted on the couple's bodies before they were buried, a fact reported by numerous media outlets in recent days. A spokeswoman for the Office of the Chief Coroner, Julia Noonan-Savage, told The Globe and Mail last week that she could not speak about the Sherman case, but said that families of the deceased are free to arrange an independent autopsy. In such cases, the outside examiner would typically assess the body in the same facility where the original autopsy took place.

The family could then decide whether to disclose the second examination to investigators. "The family does not have to share their report with the investigating coroner though they may wish to," she added.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...s-of-barry-and-honey-sherman/article37451200/

I suspect that the only information a private investigator has is what is provided by the family, and what they can dig up. Police investigative information and medical reports would only be available if they were released to the family.

I think it would depend on how well the police knows the P.I. and how reliable that P.I. is as far as confidentiality. I don't know how it is in Canada, but in the USA a P.I. who is paid by the family has a lot of legal leeway with investigative information. Most of the time the overworked detectives are happy to have a P.I. on board as long as he/she doesn't get in their way.

Nothing has been proven, or even reported as fact. LE has been very tight-lipped on this case, not even officially calling it a homicide, only that a homicide detective is also investigating I suspect a lot of politics is involved. In high profile cases like this LE treads very lightly. Obfuscation is the name of the game.

JayFriend your post resonated with me.
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I just wanted to :discuss:
That in addition an attorney and an experienced PI were retained to conduct their own investigation. My prediction is eventually all parties will agree to classify the investigation as inconclusive.This case will be deemed an inexplicable tragedy.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]
I want to emphasize this is just my opinion after jumping off JayFriends post.
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]Fellow posters be gentle with me. I hate being taken out behind the woodshed.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]:trout:
:cow:
[/FONT][/FONT]

So I have not read all 200 pages of this case, but the one thing I am wondering (not sure if it has been answered) is how they would have put the jackets on that way themselves.

I think Honey & Barry would have a fob for the vehicle that she kept in a coat pocket and a keyless entry doors I'm far from rich and have both.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

It could be a key fob, or a set of keys that she might have dropped. The Lexus SUV key fobs are still small, would go through a sewer grate, and have some metal on them, as well as plastic, so the equipment that LE were using with magnets to search the sewers, might have been able to find one. It is just so logical to me that she might have dropped it while being attacked, and taken into the house. The killers would not want to leave something like that out of place. If it is missing because one of them picked it up, and put it in his pocket, to put it in her purse, or wherever she usually left them in the house, but forgot, and took it with him, it might be a clue. IMO

I think the estate of the late Green couple (whomever died last) would have to pay the capital gains. The Shermans, once in the house would be using it as their marital home (I presume) but there is always a Capital Gains Tax for someone to pay. We love our taxes.

I hope they didn't avoid it, or if they did.....wish I knew how.
No Capital Gains tax in Canada on your principal residence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A slight change in topic, but I am wondering if Honey had a personal secretary? She had a lot of fundraisers and engagements and apparently many appointments to raise money. I would think she would have needed a personal secretary to keep up with it all.

If she did have one, wouldn't that personal secretary think it odd not to hear from Honey in over a day?

JMO

It’s possible but she was planning on heading out of town so any assistant may not thought if not being contacted. If there is one ( which may or may not be the case) another option would be a call in position.

IMO

No Capital Gains tax in Canada on your principal residence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, the Shermans principal residence is Old Colony Road. Im referring to the property on Old Forest Hill Rd. When it changed hands, someone......had to pay Capital Gains. No?

if the Shermans were still here and sold Old Colony Road property, that would have NO capital gains.....

Yes, the Shermans principal residence is Old Colony Road. Im referring to the property on Old Forest Hill Rd. When it changed hands, someone......had to pay Capital Gains. No?

if the Shermans were still here and sold Old Colony Road property, that would have NO capital gains.....

The seller is the person who pay CGT, not the buyer. It is the person who made a capital gain on the sale.

Barrys sister was playing golf with a Liberal insider, got phone calls from Sherman family members who had heard it from the media and were calling to see what she knew. Whomever she was playing golf with, is also very politically connected, made some phone calls on her behalf. I imagine one of those was to the Health Minister who was no doubt either a friend or good acquaintance of the Shermans.
Their paths would have crossed, if nothing else, over drug policies/contracts.

The fact that his sister was playing golf with a politically connected person, was in MSM.

I hope one good thing to come from this, is that Canadians are no longer paying 20% more than the rest of the world, for these less potent drugs. IMO

I do not recall seeing this info about a golf game with a liberal insider anywhere. Can you please refresh my memory with a link. If you can’t post a link to this information and it’s coming from personal knowledge as a neighbor, you need to become a verified insider. Thank you.

ETA: Now that the golf game has been linked, we still need a link about the phone call please.

I thanked Tortoise for the link and said that it didn’t mention this person making phone calls on the sister’s behalf. I edited my original request to ask for that.

Its in the linked article. Toronto Star.

Thank you Tortoise for the link.

No it’s not on the linked article. You asserted that this politically connected person made phone calls on Barry’s sister’s behalf. You know this how? That is not in the link. In fact, the link doesn’t even say they were together at the time of the call, as you implied. So, as I said, if you can’t support what you state as fact with a link, you need to follow TOS and become a VI or stop, please. This case is muddied up enough. These unlinked assertions make it worse and get passed along as fact.

Please re-read what you originally wrote (bolded above) and read what the link said:

Former city councillor Michael Feldman told the Star he heard the news when Barry’s sister phoned him Friday morning. Both he and Barry’s sister were in Palm Desert, Calif., and had recently played golf together.
“She called me this morning and was really upset that there were two bodies found in their home or something, and their kids haven’t even seen the bodies, they didn’t even identify the bodies,” Feldman told the Star.
BBM

So I have not read all 200 pages of this case, but the one thing I am wondering (not sure if it has been answered) is how they would have put the jackets on that way themselves.

BBM

I am within striking distance of Honey's age and I have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder causing limited movement in that arm.

I tried it with a windbreaker and found it very easy to shrug it halfway down my arms and back. Ditto with a hoodie and suit jacket. It was a little harder with my heavier housecoat. But I couldn't do it at all with my heavy winter coat. The puffy nature of the coat made the material thicker and harder to shrug off my shoulders.

Maybe someone on here with no shoulder injury could experiment with it?

I think the estate of the late Green couple (whomever died last) would have to pay the capital gains. The Shermans, once in the house would be using it as their marital home (I presume) but there is always a Capital Gains Tax for someone to pay. We love our taxes.

I hope they didn't avoid it, or if they did.....wish I knew how.

I don't think people pay capital gains on a property if they live in the property.

BBM

I am within striking distance of Honey's age and I have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder causing limited movement in that arm.

I tried it with a windbreaker and found it very easy to shrug it halfway down my arms and back. Ditto with a hoodie and suit jacket. It was a little harder with my heavier housecoat. But I couldn't do it at all with my heavy winter coat. The puffy nature of the coat made the material thicker and harder to shrug off my shoulders.

Maybe someone on here with no shoulder injury could experiment with it?
Not me, I've got two frozen shoulders but I will say that anyone testing this should seat themselves on the ground before starting. I can't see how a person with both arms restrained by sleeves behind them would be able to get into a seated position on the ground without using their arms. Unless they dropped to their knees (could be painful on hard tiled surface) and then shifted position onto their bottoms, but that carries a risk of toppling over to the side I would think.

I don't think so, unless it was rented - in which case the previous owners pay their capital gains on their property.

Not me, I've got two frozen shoulders but I will say that anyone testing this should seat themselves on the ground before starting. I can't see how a person with both arms restrained by sleeves behind them would be able to get into a seated position on the ground without using their arms. Unless they dropped to their knees (could be painful on hard tiled surface) and then shifted position onto their bottoms, but that carries a risk of toppling over to the side I would think.

If we’re talking about Barry staging the scene, I think he could have gotten himself in position, with his head in the belt loop and then shrugged the jacket down before leaning forward.

I'm sure that police already know where he was when he sent the email.

Presuming they're investigating further, not just sticking to their original murder suicide assumption.

Presuming they're investigating further, not just sticking to their original murder suicide assumption.

Searching sewer and roof tells use that the homicide team is doing a thorough investigation. That would include finding out where the couple was on the last day they were seen. That doesn't mean that police believe this is a homicide, but it does mean that they are responding to the family's claim that it must be a homicide.

If we’re talking about Barry staging the scene, I think he could have gotten himself in position, with his head in the belt loop and then shrugged the jacket down before leaning forward.

I am talking about both of them, but yes also BS staging. I guess maybe I was picturing the scene wrong, so they were kind of leaning forward, seated but kind of suspended over the pool? It's hard to picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer