Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in the U.S. I have insurance but am always given a generic unless I specify I want a name brand. My son picked up his med a couple months ago and it was Apotex, the following month it was Teva. Seems like it goes back and forth.

Yes, since the two are therapeutically equivalent drugs, the pharmacy dispenses whatever one they have in stock at the time.

You must be in the U.S. Here every generic prescription has been APO something or other for me. If you don't have private insurance in Canada you are always perscribed a generic brand if that drug is available in generic form. A doctor will ask you if you have private insurance when he writes a script for you. I've never personally seen TEVO on a perscription. Maybe other Canadians have?
I'm in Toronto, and have private insurance through my partners company. I looked up the descriptors on the pills themselves, they are Teva.

While I was googling trying to find out what's his religion, I came across this recent Globe & Mail article "Apotex CEO quits, former boss takes over, as drug maker reels from founder’s death" that states JD "is married to a woman who is or was an Apotex employee."

More info at link (subscribers only): https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rep...erman-founded-apotex-resigns/article37744169/

Alternative link: https://www.pressreader.com/canada/the-globe-and-mail-bc-edition/20180127/281870118869899

If links don't work, click on image to enlarge screenshot.

View attachment 129374

This is probably way out in left field, but could the "former employee" be Honey?!
Was she the technically employed by Apotex?

You must be in the U.S. Here every generic prescription has been APO something or other for me. If you don't have private insurance in Canada you are always perscribed a generic brand if that drug is available in generic form. A doctor will ask you if you have private insurance when he writes a script for you. I've never personally seen TEVO on a perscription. Maybe other Canadians have?

My BC is Teva.
And I'm Canadian.
It doesn't say Teva on the actual prescription/ label, but on the back of the blister pack it says "Teva Canada Limited, Toronto ON Canada.

This is probably way out in left field, but could the "former employee" be Honey?!
Was she the technically employed by Apotex?
The "current or former" Apotex employee is JD's wife, so it couldn't be Honey. Or are you referring to something else that I'm missing? :)

The "current or former" Apotex employee is JD's wife, so it couldn't be Honey. Or are you referring to something else that I'm missing? :)

I was referring to Honey.
I posted without actaully reading any further down.
My bad! :blushing:

It would almost be easier to figure out who did not murder the Shermans, rather than who did do it!

I think this might have been a hired hit of some sort.

It would almost be easier to figure out who did not murder the Shermans, rather than who did do it!

Nothing wrong with process of elimination! TPS has a huge list of people to interview, some will be cleared quickly, others not so much.

In Canada, you can get the name brand, if its still available. You just have to pay the difference. Some doctors put 'no substitutes' on the RX.

HS might not be the woman missing earrings,
Maybe one of the killers/ lookouts lost her earrings in a scuffle or in a hat change?
speculation.

I remember years ago reading about a serial killer, a man, ( cannot remember the name, but think it was on a USA tv show ) who would, after killing his victims, in their home, wear a wig, and some women's clothing, to make him look like the dead victim, leaving the house. They got him on video once, and they noticed he was taller than the victim, also she was never known to wear dress pants, always a dress. He had on black slacks and a beige trench coat like she wore everyday -- also a long blonde wig, like the victim's hair. He was only seen from the back on the video, and quickly drove away in her car.

This, plus your interesting comment, makes me wonder if there is any possibility that one of the assassins tried to look like HS coming into, or leaving the house. Food for thought. IMO

IMO if it were #3,it would taint the credibility of the PI team and I don't think they would take that risk. Plus they are former cops and I can't see them trying to smear current cops. I am sure they are about keeping the evidence as pristine and legit as possible. If it were ever found out that the crime scene was screwed with with fake evidence, it could destroy any criminal case for the cops when the culprit(s) is/are arrested.

I hope the camera man did not leave the ear ring , then find it, to improve news ratings. I doubt the detectives on either team would do something like that, but the press, and their associates, well, I have some doubts there. IMO

I hope the camera man did not leave the ear ring , then find it, to improve news ratings. I doubt the detectives on either team would do something like that, but the press, and their associates, well, I have some doubts there. IMO
I doubt that to be the case, but jmo. I always felt that because it was found by the cameraman, it was an honest and fluke discovery. He sounds like a professional, stand up guy, with a keen eye from what I read.

I also don't think that this discovery, should it be HS's earring, will lead anyone to claim that TPS was incompetent. Everyone involved are professionals, and it could have been easily missed by any one of them.

Except that the earing looks like a Stud with a possible white ball back. I've been wrong before.https://www.facebook.com/RossMcleanSec/photos/pcb.1125662737536638/1125660544203524/?type=3&theater

The press pictures of the Shermans are all from fairly dressy events. Doubtful that Mrs. S would have worn similar earrings to an informal business meeting. Also, as they've been so widely pictured, it's not impossible that someone planted the "found" earring sometime between then and now, either out of mischief or malice. (And why did the find become known right away, instead of simply being collected quietly by LE? Someone wanted publicity maybe?)

Just copying it here for posterity. The pieces do look as if they are embedded in the mud like the leaves and twigs around them, and not freshly dropped on top. I wonder if it is one earring with a dangling pearl that has come off rather than two earrings. She did like to wear the drop earrings.
cache.php

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/wa...partner-knew-from-day-one-couple-was-murdered

Just copying it here for posterity. The pieces do look as if they are embedded in the mud like the leaves and twigs around them, and not freshly dropped on top. I wonder if it is one earring with a dangling pearl that has come off rather than two earrings. She did like to wear the drop earrings.
cache.php

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/wa...partner-knew-from-day-one-couple-was-murdered
Very, very true. They certainly don't look like they've just been freshly dropped to me.

This is interesting. Are we sure that EBS is JD's new employer?

I believe EBS is a US biotech company. jD was a Director but no longer is, as he is not shown on the website. I think bs/Apotex has a significant equity interest in the company.

Hello fellow websleuths.. I have been following this case loosely, and decided to read this thread last night. I am completely at a loss as to a personal theory of what/who etc. but, I did have one overwhelming thought from the moment I heard about this. Have any of you ever heard of the Sheridan murders in NJ? mr Sheridan was the CEO of a very large healthcare institution, and politically connected. the police rushed in and called it a murder suicide, the family objected. 2years later, the COD was changed to double homicide. Again, wealthy older couple, robbery not obvious... made to look like a murder suicide, but was not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_of_John_and_Joyce_Sheridan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member