Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of the ones who did think this could be a murder/suicide -- that was mainly based on the highly unusual circumstances -- ligature/hanging. I was certainly wrong.
Not entirely your fault either! The media ran with murder-suicide, and that can greatly impact how folks perceive a situation. My main reason for remaining on the fence for so long, was because of the little facts we truly had. That, and I'm more than aware that domestic violence is alive and well, often committed by people you would never expect, and I didn't want invalidate that either. But at the end of the day, I always felt this was a double-homicide.

If you’re blushing because you apologized, please don’t. We all go all over the place when we have a case like this. I just think it’s the right thing to do to swing back around and it sounds like you did.

I’m sooo glad the children were steadfast in their belief in their parents and had the appropriate memorial service to honor them.
I appreciate that :). But I'm blushing for the folks that said such awful things and are nowhere to be seen. I too also understand how easy it would be to take this case at face value, however. But what has upset me the most, is the bashing of the family for submitting the statement that they did, and for hiring their own investigative team, and then questioning the professionalism of that investigative team. I thought the whole thing was handled with class, and heart, and anyone of us would have done the same if we had their resources and were in their shoes.

No, don't think so. TPS is not responsible for the media running with a rumour from a 'source'.

TPS knew it was a double murder a long time before the media update on Friday.

IF it was planted by TPS, they had their reasons i.e. to make the perps feel relaxed that they had botched it. Sometimes police lie for various reasons, as does everyone else.

No apology needed, IMO
I think all the media outlets could probably apologize (as if that would ever happen), and that includes the Toronto Sun. As for TPS, you may be right. But I think it would have been nice of them to make a statement something to the effect of "in light of all the media attention, we would like to clarify that our homicide team has only ever labeled this case as suspicious, and we will be investigating all appropriate manners of death." But I realize also, it may not have necessarily been their responsibility (to be nice), and they may have had their reasons to not.

Excellent find. I had never seen this style of double earring before.

It's worn with the pearl at the back as in this picture

46b724c8f5633e9b04596e5de0bbe094--double-sided-earrings-shop-now.jpg

Yes, I have a few pairs like this. And you can wear them either way...with the large pearl at the front or the smaller diamond ball at the front. But, in the picture of the two earrings found both appear to be the same size.

I appreciate that :). But I'm blushing for the folks that said such awful things and are nowhere to be seen. I too also understand how easy it would be to take this case at face value, however. But what has upset me the most, is the bashing of the family for submitting the statement that they did, and for hiring their own investigative team, and then questioning the professionalism of that investigative team. I thought the whole thing was handled with class, and heart, and anyone of us would have done the same if we had their resources and were in their shoes.

I will admit, I thought it was a murder-suicide at first until I heard the Shermans’s adult children speak at their parent’s memorial. After that, I became a fence sitter. I think the murders were personal but what do I know...I am just going to follow the case and keep my speculations to my self.

I am horrorified at what these two elderly people had to go through. I don’t give a rat’s *advertiser censored** what they did or to whom, no one needs to be murdered and especially not in the manner they were. If any family are following the ws posts my sincerest condolences.

Excellent find. I had never seen this style of double earring before.

It's worn with the pearl at the back as in this picture

cache.php
This also looks bang on. Good find to you too!

Sometimes the least likely people will murder their spouses. About a year ago, not far from the Sherman residence a husband murdered his wife.

He was a brilliant neurosurgeon. She was a beloved family doctor. Their life seemed like a fairy tale—until her body was discovered in a suitcase by the Humber River. The untold story of Mohammed Shamji and Elana Fric Shamji.
Shamji was the son of a distinguished thoracic surgeon, Dr. Farid Shamji, who had an award named after him at the University of Ottawa’s department of surgery. A member of the Ottawa gentry, Mohammed Shamji was an academic star, a graduate of the elite Ashbury College School, and then Yale, where he completed a master’s in organic chemistry.
https://torontolife.com/city/crime/brilliant-neurosurgeon-beloved-family-doctor-untold-story-volatile-marriage/

My point is that we just don’t know who will do what.

In the Sherman case the murder-suicide hypothesis seemed viable based on the initial police statements, the alleged police source leaks and the significant amount of controversial information available on BS.

Personally, I stayed undecided until I read “Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, sources say” by Kevin Donovan. Hoping for a smoking gun, it was disappointing that the bold headline was supported only by wrist marks. Thinking that the PI team has nothing, I got off the fence in the wrong direction.

I’m happy for the Sherman family for the double homicide classification and feel relieved that they don’t have to carry additional burdens while they grieve the tragic deaths of their loved ones.

Kind of o/t. I live in a tropical climate and I take an antacid that needs to stay between some temps which I forget what they are now. They cannot be refrigerated,

I do not have AC so it gets very hot and humid here, the tablets separate. I take it because it has the least side effects. I have discussed with the phamacist how to keep them at a good temp. I have them in a small refigerator bag with tons of dessicant packets. It worked for awhile until it got more hot and humid.

The pharmacist said I should call the manufacturer which turned out to be TEVA. This was a few months ago, The man I talked to had zero ideas.

This is going to be an increasing problem. How to keep meds at the proper temp. I am sure Puerto Rico is a nightmare. And other places without AC.

If anyone comes up with something that works, you will make a fortune. Too bad I never knew anything about Barry. I bet he would have had some ideas with his brains and background.

Don't get fooled by the pharma industry. The absolutely best antacid, with no significant side effects, is baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). I've tried them all, inccluding prescription drugs like pantoloc..

Unbelievable that this was anything other than a hit. Ever. Two people hog tied and strangled to death? HOG TIED? So sad and sorry this family had to go through all of this just to have the obvious come out. So sorry for their loss.

Definitely a controlled and well-planned execution. Clue to the whole thing in my humble opinion...is, why take out Honey too? Did they not expect her to show up? Did they not care? Or, if it was as planned as I believe, why her too?

Are the belts similar? Were they in the home or did they come from outside?

Question - If the belts were tied around their necks and looped, how were they secured to the metal frames around the pool?

Unbelievable that this was anything other than a hit. Ever. Two people hog tied and strangled to death? HOG TIED? So sad and sorry this family had to go through all of this just to have the obvious come out. So sorry for their loss.

Definitely a controlled and well-planned execution. Clue to the whole thing in my humble opinion...is, why take out Honey too? Did they not expect her to show up? Did they not care? Or, if it was as planned as I believe, why her too?

Are the belts similar? Were they in the home or did they come from outside?

Question - If the belts were tied around their necks and looped, how were they secured to the metal frames around the pool?

I don't think we've been told where the belts came from or what kind of belts they were.
I'm assuming they were leather belts used to hold up pants.

IMO

They had belts around their necks which were secured/looped and somehow attached to the pool rails. The same belts were attached to the "guard rails" around the pool. (HOW???) Their hands were limited in some form behind their backs and they were pulled by their feet to the point of strangulation. Both of them. Horrific Hit Job.

Yes, that is the case I was thinking of. Thanks very much for locating the information about it, and posting it.

I have been binge watching Forensic Files lately, and her case is one of the episodes. :shame:

2-4 people involved in killing. Professionals. Knew what they were doing. Key is...Why Honey too?

moo

No, don't think so. TPS is not responsible for the media running with a rumour from a 'source'.

TPS knew it was a double murder a long time before the media update on Friday.

IF it was planted by TPS, they had their reasons i.e. to make the perps feel relaxed that they had botched it. Sometimes police lie for various reasons, as does everyone else.

No apology needed, IMO

The apology would be needed for the various theories about how BS was really a mad man who killed his wife. I wasn’t talking about the police.

<modsnip> IMO, there was a lot of thought put into this double murder. It always appeared to me that is was a professional hit. Then, with respect to the killing, there was also time taken to kill and stage unlike a regular homicide where you get in (perhaps take what it is you went in to take), kill, and get out as fast as you can (regardless of the evidence/DNA, etc. you left behind). I do not watch TV, I am not in law enforcement, but I have a sport psych degree if you can imagine. :laughing: The tiny leak at the very beginning with the coats pulled down was enough for me let alone the hanging by the pool was the clincher.

IMO, there was a clear message sent to someone. I don't know what it is but somebody out there understands perfectly what it is.

All just my speculation but I never wavered.

They had belts around their necks which were secured/looped and somehow attached to the pool rails. The same belts were attached to the "guard rails" around the pool. (HOW???) Their hands were limited in some form behind their backs and they were pulled by their feet to the point of strangulation. Both of them. Horrific Hit Job.
I picture it as they were attacked, and then their wrists bound. Then manually strangled (to death) with a ligature, likely the belts, and then displayed as they were by the pool.

That was difficult for me to type, and I tried to explain it as non-descriptively as I could, but the images of this in my mind are horrific. The attack, could have gone down in so many ways, and I fear that they felt a great deal of pain. May they rest peacefully now, and may this case be solved :heartbeat:.

Unbelievable that this was anything other than a hit. Ever. Two people hog tied and strangled to death? HOG TIED?

I don't recall reading that they were hog tied? Not that it means they suffered any less, of course! But I believe hog tied means specifically the hands tied behind the back and then bound to the feet.

I picture it as they were attacked, and then their wrists bound. Then manually strangled (to death) with a ligature, likely the belts, and then displayed as they were by the pool.

That was difficult for me to type, and I tried to explain it as non-descriptively as I could, but the images of this in my mind are horrific. The attack, could have gone down in so many ways, and I fear that they felt a great deal of pain. May they rest
peacefully now, and may this case be solved :heartbeat:.

Yes I think she was a Mensch and fought like hell! JMO. Honey just seemed so strong and didn't go quietly as was her personality. May they both RIP.

I think more likely a pair of earrings like these, you can see something is cracked off the upper part of the earring on the left. The pearl could be broken off and the damaged part is face down on the pearl.
3e0dba792bd8b0b4f896ff09535f2687.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members