Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I wanted to make because I am perplexed, regarding my two posts above —- following the intervention of KW’s sister-in-law, why does KW, a Websleuth VI, continue to restate the very same claims that were made during his earlier media appearances?
Because KW didn't suffer any nervous breakdown. Remember, the sister inlaw didn't say that out of any concern for Kerry, I believe the family was trying to have his voice silenced in their lawsuit. There is always ulterior motives when somebody goes to the press like that. Bottom line is that KW has been steadfast in his assertions, and his theory about what happened is the only one that comes close to making any sense.

Because KW didn't suffer any nervous breakdown. Remember, the sister inlaw didn't say that out of any concern for Kerry, I believe the family was trying to have his voice silenced in their lawsuit. There is always ulterior motives when somebody goes to the press like that. Bottom line is that KW has been steadfast in his assertions, and his theory about what happened is the only one that comes close to making any sense.

So the family has turned against him?

Nothing KW expressed to the media after the deaths of the Shermans directly impacts the request for appeal of the judge’s dismissal of the lawsuit because that’s centres around a judicial ruling pertaining to alleged fiduciary duty from decades ago.

However the recent highly inflammatory media appearances by KW are why the SIL is questioning KWs present state of mental wellness, also referrenced by their attorney as reason for his possible inability to provide sound legal direction. We do not yet know the outcome of the mental health assessment or what’s happened since the last hearing. However as KW continues with the same song and dance that the family and attorney originally objected to.....I suppose anyone is free to draw their own conclusions.

For that very reason, at this time I don’t believe for a moment that any reputable media is about to pounce on any revealing story KW has to tell. He was effectively muzzled imo.

Teplitsky said the Law Society of Upper Canada suggested he bring a motion before court to appoint a litigation guardian, something done in cases where “unsoundness of mind” is determined, according to Teplitsky’s documents. Teplitsky wants to be removed as Kerry’s lawyer, the documents state.“
Barry Sherman’s cousin to undergo ‘disability’ assessment as billion-dollar appeal continues | The Star

“As to how the death of Barry Sherman will affect the lawsuit, which is now under appeal, Winter lawyer Teplitsky said:
“Now that Barry is passed away there won’t be a trial on the fiduciary duty (issue),” Teplitsky said. If they do succeed on appeal, he hopes there will be a ruling on other issues that will assist his clients financially...”

'I had absolutely nothing to do with it,' Barry Sherman's cousin says | The Star

Interesting, hadn’t noticed this before. So by the lawyer’s comments it seems allegations of fiduciary duty may no longer be an applicable legal avenue following a death. That would make sense, once someone passes they could no longer be expected to be responsible for financial support or lack of, regardless of the reason.

Hmm, so I wonder. Is this also why it’s so critical for KW to insist B was responsible for his own death and that of H, unwilling to look at any possibility beyond how the death scene was staged? Because a M/S scenario might benefit the continuance of the billion dollar lawsuit if it can be construed avoidance of legal obligations toward the cousins was involved in B’s motive for self-destruction? (To go with that of course we have to forget the lawsuit was dismissed more than once, legal costs awarded to B immediately prior to the double homicide occurring.)

If so, I think I can see why there could well be considerable conflict amongst the cousins and attorney following the official cause of death being announced, and why they might want to distance themselves from KW proclaiming that he knows the truth.

Just pointing out, we have a significant discrepancy between words written by our VI and comments quoted from his lawyer. My best guess, KW has added Teplitsky to his list of people who just don’t see things his way including “Greenspin” and not-good-liars Sgt Gomes and Det Price, possibly his own siblings/SIL as well.

Jan 31st, KW’s attorney
“Now that Barry is passed away there won’t be a trial on the fiduciary duty (issue),” Teplitsky said.”

Thread #7 post 1191
May 11th - Kerry Winter wrote in reply to deugirtni: (BBM)
You’re VERY wrong about a number of key facts. Had my parents lived, Barry would have been an older brother. My father raised Barry since he lost his father at 9. My father taught him the business and employed Barry during summer holidays. My father’s group of co’s was profitable, with over a million dollars in sales in 65. My father successfully sued the brand name drug companies and was the first generic co. to knock off Valium.
Barry and his partner “buried” the optionand royalty agreemt....pulled two fraudulent transactions, (never disclosed the option/royalty agreements), stopped visiting us and started the exact same company under the name Apotex.
The corner stone to my lawsuit against him, and now his estate is: did he have a fiduciary duty to us?
We’re in the court of appeal and this case could end up in the Supreme Court of Canada.
Please do your homework before you write nonsense.

And again (BBM)
MistyWaters: l’m not going to debate/defend my ongoing litigation before the court of appeal here on Websleuths. I will state the fact that S&U Ltd. did NOT purchase my late father’s group of co’s. The assets were purchased by Barry and Joel Ulster and later....they asked permission to assign the assets to S&U from the Royal Trust. The cornerstone to my legal claim is did my cousin have an ad hoc fiduciary duty. In other words, did the option, a personal covenant imply an undertaking for Barry to act in good faith and honour the 20% to me and my brothers. This case could end up in the Supreme Court of Canada.

Exactly Andrew- “...There is always ulterior motives when somebody goes to the press...”. MistyWaters is right on the mark regarding KW’s motives here.

Damn....couldn’t say it any better. Anyone out there that believes Barry + Honey were targeted by multiple murderers are naive and l have to say this: BLIND.
Pls show me one shread of evidence that points to double homicide.
Once again....LOTS points to M/S and both US publications will break the story of a cover-up....and, not a single Canadian media outlet printed a single word of what l told them, how l know, my interview/interrogation with Price, my meeting with Klatt, my phone call with Greenspan and YES!!!! The Fifth Estate “ambush” on my character, credibility and failure to disclose what l had told them. Strange....they’re now asking me to participate in another expose. Don’t think so.
When l left 31 Division at 1 in the morning, the last thing l told Price after he returned my iPhone was,
“stand down....tell the good people of this city the truth....go back to your original theory of M/S. You know what l know and l will expose the cover-up”.
Lastly, is it possible that the crazy card is optics as Andreww suggests?!?! Maybe, l had a mental breakdown.

So the family has turned against him?
When you have multiple family members involved in a high stakes legal battle it is almost inevitable that there are going to be disagreements. But I'll defer that question to Kerry.

"Pls show me one shread of evidence that points to double homicide."
Kerry, there can be evidence, but no one has to believe it.
However I think the evidence of bindings on both Barry's and Honey's wrists is very supportive of the double murder scenario and

"Pls show me one shread of evidence that points to double homicide."
Kerry, there can be evidence, but no one has to believe it.
However I think the evidence of bindings on both Barry's and Honey's wrists is very supportive of the double murder scenario and
Has anyone even seen that so called evidence? From what I understand the skin around the wrists was removed for testing in the first autopsy. So the family's pathologist wouldn't have had access to that information. What I am saying is that we don't know the extent of the damage to the wrists, and given that a murder/suicide scenario would likely have included a struggle, who's to say that the damage wasn't done then? And why were bindings required anyway? And why would they be removed?

From the beginning I have wondered, if the coroner had found obvious signs of wrist binding on all four wrists, why LE continued to be sticking to the M/S theory? That information would have been discovered within a day or two of the deaths. In my opinion the evidence wasn't significant, and when the family publicly disclosed the info, the decision was made to rule this a double murder and let it die. Having friends in high places will do that for you.

AFAIK, we the public have been given NO evidence other than the COD in the Sherman case.

Its not like we have a lot to draw on other than innuendo and rumours.

We can surmise until the cows come home but we just do not know a thing.

ETA: Unnamed sources, in my book, do not count.

From the beginning I have wondered, if the coroner had found obvious signs of wrist binding on all four wrists, why LE continued to be sticking to the M/S theory? That information would have been discovered within a day or two of the deaths. .

this - “LE continued to be sticking to the M/S theory”.....?

If you are stating this as fact, what’s your source?

Perhaps someone killed Honey at Barry's request and Barry then killed himself after moving her to a place where he could be beside her.

Perhaps someone killed Honey at Barry's request and Barry then killed himself after moving her to a place where he could be beside her.

We don’t know the evidence supporting a targeted double homicide nor is TPS oblidged to prove it to us, therefore I can’t think of one good reason to dispute that it occurred .......other than maybe to benefit the perp/s in a quasi pre-defence mode.

Can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member