Found Deceased CANADA - Ben Kilmer, 41, Cowichan, 16 May 2018

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, May 19, 2018.

1. michelle sanjenko

michelle sanjenko New Member

I just can t imagine what the family is going through it would nice to hear from Ben s parents and siblings, everything is so quiet on that end of things , I hope they find Ben and get some closure to this

2. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws michelle sanjenko!

zencompass and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  3. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Please let there be some news for Ben's family. They have been waiting so long!!

4. steelybird

steelybird Well-Known Member

I completely agree and thanks for your insight once again Davo D! Can you expand at all on what the wife was being called out on? I don’t have access to the private FB pages. I have always thought that the wife knew what Ben was involved in and at the very least turned a blind eye in hopes of a comfortable lifestyle. I feel similarly about Dan Archbald’s wife. In the Kilmer case, there has been SO MUCH public awareness, search parties, decals, fundraising,etc... Wouldn’t it be something if people were just honest and forthcoming and came out and said look this is what we got involved in and this is the consequence. The best public service announcement would be to warn other young families to not associate with unsavoury characters at the promise of a better lifestyle. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. People stop using their brains once they see dollar signs. It’s a reflection on today’s society’s values of consumption and status. It is truly sad.

5. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

steelybird 2 thumbs up!!

tarabull, dotr and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  6. LakeGirls

LakeGirls New Member

First day on here hope im posting correct.
    Somro
    hope im posting correct. First time on. No video was ever made public. Only 2 pictures off the surveillance that were snapped off of a blueberry.

7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws LakeGirls, not to worry, you are posting correctly!

8. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

On page 1 of this thread inmyhumbleopinion posted the last known pics of BK. These pics are from his stop earlier in the day. Davo D also posted some pics of the van and pond that was near his parked van.

Davo D any updates?

dotr and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  9. Policescannr

Policescannr Member

10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws Policescannr, thanks for bumping that intriguing but scary post!

11. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I knew about this from my former employer but finally found a link. The US DEA got involved with the Archbold/Daley murders. They did NOT believe they were related to this disappearance. Apparently, the boat the two men were in was, or was suspected of running drugs and they were killed after leaving the boat with a bunch of backpacks. U.S. DEA involvement in Vancouver Island homicide case not unusual: RCMP

12. gymgal

gymgal Member

Ben .Kilmer's body was found Oct. 17th in a remote area of Duncan. The family has announced on FB this morning.

13. Policescannr

Policescannr Member

I just heard that. So sad. At least the family gets closure whatever that may mean.

14. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

15. Northern

Northern Active Member

How could they have identified him so fast and ruled out foul play? Even if a suicide note was left, the body would be badly decomposed.

gymgal, superbee, GarAndTeed and 4 others like this.
  16. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

rbbm
    Remains of missing Vancouver Island man Ben Kilmer found | CBC News
    Electrician and father of 2 went missing May 15 under suspicious circumstances

[​IMG]
    "RCMP have confirmed remains found last week near Duncan, B.C., are those of Ben Kilmer, a 41-year-old electrician from Cobble Hill who went missing under mysterious circumstances in the spring.

Kilmer's wife Tonya posted an emotional letter on Facebook confirming the discovery."
    "The RCMP are expected to reveal more about the case later today."

17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws gymgal, thanks for the update!

18. ChantyG

ChantyG Member

That is so tragic. I do hope they actually release the details so ppl can be aware if there is a killer out there or not. My thoughts are with everyone who loved him.

19. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

Police do not keep homicides secret! Never, ever. The public must be informed.

Accident, overdose, suicide, those kinds of determinations by the Coroner are only released to the family, and the family decides whether they want the public to know.

20. muggles63

muggles63 Well-Known Member