CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, his horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 29, 2019.

1. DarkestHour2019

DarkestHour2019 Well-Known Member

Imo they did the same thing with Deans case, eventually they just stopped looking, if it was the LE’s child imo they would keep looking.

2. DarkestHour2019

Luke’s truck was found burned on a logging road, and Bens horse was found by loggers, could be coincidence ?

superbee, jewelsmac, watcher9 and 2 others like this.
  3. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I can see it if Ben were no longer missing, if he had been found or recovered. But since he has never been on this list, and he was obviously missing from 1/26 on, and also since Dean is not on this list doesn't make sense. In Dean's case, maybe it's too long ago. Though there was one person from 2013, so heck if I know.

4. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Probably a ton of logging roads around there though, I'd think.

5. DarkestHour2019

Perhaps, yes, have I been on any or seen some no.

6. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I think a logging road would be the perfect isolated yet accessible place to 1) Dump and burn a car (Luke) and 2) Drop off a horse. Or, if Ben did ride the horse up there, then an open place to ride or for the horse to try to find its way back. All jmo

7. DarkestHour2019

That was my thought too, however not a scratch on the horse, nor any blood anywhere???

8. DarkestHour2019

They did assist, not much action as of yet? They need to hold a news conference or the public is going to be scared.

superbee, zecats, Portabella and 2 others like this.
  9. DarkestHour2019

I think a lot of it was the weather, the -20’s. I saw the SAR teams, lots of them, I think they did an excellent job. How someone can disappear without tracks in snow etc baffles the hell out of me imo.

10. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Actually, I think no news is good news, as far as the investigation. IMO MCU has a fairly good idea what happened.
    A big prob, what did Ben do after his last known sighting at 10pm, Saturday. We only know it was appx 43 HRs before his beloved horse was found. That’s a big window, imo.
    All MOO

11. DarkestHour2019

Idk, what I do know is it can lead to vast amounts of forests going up the Coquihalla to Kamloops, I’ve seen cattle in the middle of a 45 minute trip between cities.

superbee, Portabella and watcher9 like this.
  12. DarkestHour2019

I cant see him doing that, it’s certainly not in his character imo. Plus why wouldn’t he contact his family if he was going to disappear?

13. Dog_River

Dog_River Member

I don't think there where any tracks to find jmo

14. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

They did state that the public should expect more of a police presence around town and the area. Wonder if that’s true? Or finished? Nothing to report or clear up?

15. They called off searchers not just because of the deep cold that set in but also because other than the rein they weren’t finding any clues or evidence.

IMO it was also because they maybe “had/have ” what they needed and the rest of the physical investigation could be carried out without civilians and SAR. That’s maybe why they brought in MCU; they’ve still been searching for and hopefully located evidence.

My guess is that birds aren’t circling due to the cold preserving ... it would definitely be a sign if it were warmer though. I rarely, if ever, have seen vultures in the valley this time of year.

There also used to be a stop and post office by Otter Valley Road; there too it’s a natural level spot but it hardly constitutes being flatland.

Anyway, terrain and topography aside ...

NR land covers a large area, factoring in the grazing lands amounts to thousands of acres (used to be tens of thousands of acres; the ranch is large) that they are searching & when not finding tracks or evidence of heat/fire and then a tacked horse far from the Home Ranch ... it’s a mystery. BuI feel as though we will be getting more news soon.

Lots of murmuring about town. Some sources I feel fairly legit and others I def have been taking with many grains of salt.

Praying for his family. Cannot even imagine the dread they have been experiencing.

superbee, Portabella, Tripod and 7 others like this.
  16. DarkestHour2019

While working this morning, I noticed less of a police presence than usual idk why?

superbee, watcher9, jewelsmac and 3 others like this.
  17. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Exactly. Nothing seems normal for him, that we’ve heard. His phone/dog at home & not notifying NR of his intentions. Moo

18. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Lol, you were in the wrong area. See, I think the fact “public should expect more of a police presence around town and the area”, is telling. Why town? I think we have ideas. Moo

19. That was part of my reply to the poster that claimed LE are now suggesting (or saying) there isn’t a truck & trailer involved; I think we all need to read the MSM with this statement.

watcher9 likes this.
  20. Dog_River

Dog_River Member

What is MSM ?