CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

I agree and what seems plausable as an alibi when someone needs one, isn't always as plausable as it sounds.

For sure. Add to the mix potentially bringing in another person/s to help you cya, everyone must be in accord.
I think someone slipped up day one, with “Ben rode out at 2 Saturday”, he was (maybe) supposed to say Sunday. No matter the day, no tracks were found. Had tracks been found, it’d be problematic to know the day they were made.
I have an image in my mind, a lot of arguing and blaming going on between Ben’s murderer & a person interviewed. You know, over what was said, or not said, what was supposed to be said.
Moo

Last edited:
I don't think gunshot or there would have been a huge mess to clean (unless it happened up where Gunny was dropped), Ben was pretty strong and fit so I don't think strangulation but I'm thinking somebody may be looking to explain a head injury.

The one thing about gunshot wounds, some cause massive blood loss, some not so much. I think the suspect drives a truck, full of odds & ends in the back, many suitable as a weapon. I think Ben was killed in his drive/yard area & a pressure sprayer could have been used to spray away any evidence. Jmo

Info on gunshot wounds
How to Survive Being Shot - Part II: Bleeding

For sure. Add to the mix potentially bringing in another person/s to help you cya, everyone must be in accord.
I think someone slipped up day one, with “Ben rode out at 2 Saturday”, he was (maybe) supposed to say Sunday. No matter the day, no tracks were found. Had tracks been found, it’d be problematic to know the day they were made.
I have an image in my mind, a lot of arguing and blaming going on between Ben’s murderer & a person interviewed. You know, over what was said, or not said, what was supposed to be said.
Moo

It was only the trapper who said no tracks were found. Did he look? How do we be certain the RCMP or maybe even Ben’s brother didn’t find tracks and that’s the reason they believe Ben rode out on Sunday? How do we know he wasn’t sighted on somebody’s dash cam riding somewhere? Because otherwise for the RCMP to believe he road out would seem rather foolish if there was absolute proof he did not.

One way or another I don’t think it’s important where Ben was attacked, as long as LE are able to find evidence of his death if there’s any hope of a future prosecution. If the ranch didn’t yield it, hopefully another location will, even if it involves Ben riding out. JMO

It was only the trapper who said no tracks were found. Did he look? How do we be certain the RCMP or maybe even Ben’s brother didn’t find tracks and that’s the reason they believe Ben rode out on Sunday? How do we know he wasn’t sighted on somebody’s dash cam riding somewhere? Because otherwise for the RCMP to believe he road out would seem rather foolish if there was absolute proof he did not.

I am sorry but you seem to focus on the first week when they still thought he was just missing. The search on ranch leads to believe LE is thinking in a different direction now.. JMO

The one thing about gunshot wounds, some cause massive blood loss, some not so much. I think the suspect drives a truck, full of odds & ends in the back, many suitable as a weapon. I think Ben was killed in his drive/yard area & a pressure sprayer could have been used to spray away any evidence. Jmo

Info on gunshot wounds
How to Survive Being Shot - Part II: Bleeding

Having lived in the rocky mountains during winter, it would be highly unusual to have hoses, pressure washers and/or uncovered spigots during January.

I do believe BT likely had Gunny ready to ride, but where BT met his killer is just speculation. However, transporting Gunny to Swakum Ridge area would accomplish a couple things: distract, delay, and distance oneself from both the crime scene and the investigation.

Somebody knows something. BT's family and friends are still raising money, and they will never stop searching for BT and/or seeking justice for him.

MOO

Having lived in the rocky mountains during winter, it would be highly unusual to have hoses, pressure washers and/or uncovered spigots during January.

Idk, but growing up on Lake MI, if we needed water during the winter, we could access it, especially on farms.

One way or another I don’t think it’s important where Ben was attacked, as long as LE are able to find evidence of his death if there’s any hope of a future prosecution. If the ranch didn’t yield it, hopefully another location will, even if it involves Ben riding out. JMO

Wouldn't the crime scene(s) be as important, as figuring out how Gunny got to where she ended up? I'm not sure I understand how this could not be important? IMO they should be able to find some evidence on both.

Wouldn't the crime scene(s) be as important, as figuring out how Gunny got to where she ended up? I'm not sure I understand how this could not be important? IMO they should be able to find some evidence on both.
@Jim_M what is your theory, please?

If you can reply within tos.

I am sorry but you seem to focus on the first week when they still thought he was just missing. The search on ranch leads to believe LE is thinking in a different direction now.. JMO

Not to mention no one saw Ben on Sunday.
No tracks leaving the ranch.

Edit to repair atrocious spelling

Last edited:

I agree. From the beginning, I believe Investigators knew BT's location on Saturday night, but never certain that BT ever rode out on Sunday.

If BT in fact accompanied Gunny to the Swakum Ridge area, appears to me that LE believes they were most likely transported there. I'm inclined to believe that BT and Gunny were not transported together.

Although I've not read this, I believe that if asked, BT family would be first to say that had Gunny and his rider been together, Gunny would not have left BT.

MOO

Absolutely -- learning who transported Gunny to the Ridge will most likely lead you to the crime scene.

BT had only been in the area about 90 days, determining his circle of contacts during this short period of time should be coming into focus now.

MOO.

I agree. From the beginning, I believe Investigators knew BT's location on Saturday night, but never certain that BT ever rode out on Sunday.

If BT in fact accompanied Gunny to the Swakum Ridge area, appears to me that LE believes they were most likely transported there. I'm inclined to believe that BT and Gunny were not transported together.

Although I've not read this, I believe that if asked, BT family would be first to say that had Gunny and his rider been together, Gunny would not have left BT.

MOO

Not one mention of anyone seeing Ben riding on Sunday, no reports of tracks leading off the ranch or Ben’s paddock area. Like the trapper said, the horse didn’t fly to the other side of the mountain. (Paraphrasing).
Can’t wait for the day BT family can talk, biting their tongue for three months must be excruciating.

MOO
I agree on not being transported together. I don't believe Ben was ever out riding day he went missing.. Asking specifically for dash cam footage, seems like they had something very specific in mind they were trying to obtain. MOO

I agree on not being transported together. I don't believe Ben was ever out riding day he went missing.. Asking specifically for dash cam footage, seems like they had something very specific in mind they were trying to obtain. MOO

I think dashcam & video footage serve multiple purposes.
LE knows where Ben was Saturday night, perhaps he was out socializing. Footage can verify what time he went home, possibly. If he was at a private residence, that would be hard to prove, unless captured on cam, headed home with a time matching his departure.
Also the perp might be on footage leaving his street, headed to a relevant area & the obvious, perp pulling a horse trailer.
Moo

I think dashcam & video footage serve multiple purposes.
LE knows where Ben was Saturday night, perhaps he was out socializing. Footage can verify what time he went home, possibly. If he was at a private residence, that would be hard to prove, unless captured on cam, headed home with a time matching his departure.
Also the perp might be on footage leaving his street, headed to a relevant area & the obvious, perp pulling a horse trailer.
Moo
You are right of course.. But I always looked at requesting dash cam was a request for help from non locals. Since a lot of travelers come through daily, (Truckers and passenger vehicles) they were seeking non local residents as well.. They no doubt had already went to local business for any possible footage by the time they asked for dash cam. MOO

You are right of course.. But I always looked at requesting dash cam was a request for help from non locals. Since a lot of travelers come through daily, (Truckers and passenger vehicles) they were seeking non local residents as well.. They no doubt had already went to local business for any possible footage by the time they asked for dash cam. MOO

Lol, I don’t have to be “right”, not my style.
I want Ben’s murderer arrested.
Appreciate your input on the traffic goin’ thru.

Uh Oh! You read it here first!

Then again, I better stop where I was going with that :p

I'm still working on my "Theory in Progress" fyi, I'll throw it out shortly :)

I’m curious, you seem very logical.
These things are generally not complicated, imo.
Can’t wait to hear from you.

I agree with you, but maybe also locals who were out and about and not aware of anything amiss until asked to think back on it.

BBM

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/ben-tyner-footage-1.5037691

Mounties investigating the disappearance of B.C. rancher Ben Tyner, 32, are now asking the public for video footage.

Anyone who drove through Merritt or the Nicola Valley between Jan. 25 and Jan. 27 is being asked by Merritt RCMP to supply footage from dashboard-mounted cameras or other recording devices to the police as they search for clues.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back