Canada - Bomb threats force evacuations of 40 Quebec schools, 03/11/15

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by dotr, Nov 3, 2015.

  1. dotr

    dotr Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    22,159
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-over-security-concerns-bomb-threat-1.3301383

    "On Tuesday morning, upwards of 40 schools in the province and in the Ottawa region were evacuated, closed or searched after receiving a threatening email from an anonymous mailer.

    "Frankly, the people responsible for this tactic, whatever the nature of it is — and of course, we will allow the investigation to take its course — they have to know that they will be prosecuted, and that the investigation will be rigorous, if we are successful in identifying them," Couillard told reporters Tuesday at the National Assembly. "It's unacceptable. It's condemnable… Words escape me. It's criminal."

    Meanwhile, schools across Montreal are trying to reassure worried parents, teachers and students that they are working with police concerning the bomb threats sent to schools."
     
  2. Loading...


  3. dotr

    dotr Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    22,159
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/11/03/schools-in-quebec-closed-after-bomb-threats.html

    "The Sureté du Québec received initial word of the threats at 1 a.m. Tuesday morning. The direct threats to the schools were received by email before the start of the school day or early Tuesday morning once the establishments had opened, Moreau said.

    He added that the letters claimed to be speaking on behalf of a “coalition” that was unknown to police.

    A spokesperson for the SQ said the investigation was continuing and the force could not comment on the authenticity of a letter circulating online that purported to be the text of the bomb threat sent to authorities and school officials. This appears to be similar to the one described by Quebec’s public safety minister.

    The letter writer claims to speak on behalf of a group named “Sceptre Rouge” and says that four bombs have been planted in schools around Quebec. Another two have been hidden on school buses or city buses used by students.

    “Finish your strike or we will finish it for you!” says the letter. “If the end is not announced by Thursday morning, we will begin directly our attacks directly against the unions and we will intensify those against the schools.”
    rbbm.
     
  4. Woodland

    Woodland Active Member

    Messages:
    4,188
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Underlined by me.

    Forgive my skepticism - the Surete du Quebec has had numerous nasty allegations leveled at them recently - enough to make the Quebec Public Safety Minister go on sick leave (she did nothing for 5 months until the allegations went public).

    The Surete du Quebec could use a little boost in the public eye about now. Thank goodness the threats were received at 1:00 am giving them enough time to 'act' against a 'coalition' previously unknown to them - over teacher strikes.

    Convenient imo. BS imo.
     
  5. ms_x_to_the_m

    ms_x_to_the_m Active Member

    Messages:
    1,863
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Oh my goodness. WTH is wrong with people nowadays. This is absolutely sickening. Ugh!
     
  6. Woodland

    Woodland Active Member

    Messages:
    4,188
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38
    After being charged with mischief yesterday, the teens now face four more charges:

    Uttering threats to burn, destroy or damage Quebec schools.
    Uttering threats to cause death or harm to Quebec students or employees.
    Intent to injure or harm by means of telecommunications information known to be false.
    Conspiring to commit an indictable offence.


    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...s-allegedly-made-by-outaouais-teens-1.3306166

    After allegedly laying the above serious charges, the teens were released to their parents. They apparently live hundreds of kms apart, alluding to on-line communication to 'organize' 2 separate incidents of bomb threats.

    As young offenders the rules are no info will ever be released - yet we do know the strict conditions under which they were released to their parents.

    This story lacks a ring of truth imo.
     
  7. dotr

    dotr Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    22,159
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    http://www.cp24.com/news/tdsb-recei...e-day-quebec-schools-were-evacuated-1.2645999

    "Friday, November 6, 2015 11:03AM EST

    On the same day dozens of Quebec and Ottawa schools were evacuated due to bomb threats, the Toronto District School Board was also sent an anonymous threatening email, Toronto police confirm.

    According to the TDSB, police were notified immediately after an anonymous bomb threat surfaced in the board’s general inquiries inbox on Tuesday, as schools across Quebec and Ottawa were being evacuated and searched".
     
  8. Woodland

    Woodland Active Member

    Messages:
    4,188
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38
    The article linked above is dated 6 Nov alleging bomb threats on 2 Nov in Toronto against schools. So what was the reaction of the Toronto District School Board to bomb threats on 2 Nov? Did they notify parents? Did they take any precautions as in a lock down?

    Toronto kept this a secret until now?

    Not credible imo.

    To recap - Surete du Quebec (Quebec Provincial Police) comes under huge fire for sexual and physical abuse allegations - many aboriginal female victims. They were investigating themselves and nothing happened for 5 months. The allegations began more than 5 months before the investigation - 1 of the accusers has been missing since she came forward. The Quebec Safety Minister knew of the allegations for 5 months and also took no action.

    An investigative radio program got hold of the story and it hit the fan. The Quebec Safety minister took a poor me, teary eyed stance and went on sick leave.

    Bomb threats alleged on 2 occasions targeting schools over teachers union action after 'it' hit the fan. Surete du Quebec heroically steps in - 4 teens allegedly charged with serious offences. Released to their parents with condition to keep the peace and stay off their computers. Not bail conditions - release conditions. The teens allegedly live hundreds of kms apart.

    Not credible imo. Fwiw, if one looks closely, the story line is exactly the same as last October in Ottawa. Different faces, same story.
     
  9. Woodland

    Woodland Active Member

    Messages:
    4,188
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice