CANADA - Davion, 5, disappeared, found w/life-threatening injuries, Bramptom, July'18 *Arrest*

I wish young single mothers and fathers would come here and read the unfortunate stories we read. Story after story after story...all with similar characters and beginnings...and every one of them with the same sad ending. It’s unbelievable how often this crap story plays out.

I wish young single mothers and fathers would come here and read the unfortunate stories we read. Story after story after story...all with similar characters and beginnings...and every one of them with the same sad ending. It’s unbelievable how often this crap story plays out.
....story after story after story after story.....

Is this guy the father of the boy or just mom's bf?

I don't think he is the father - from post #47

She noted that the parents are understandably “distressed” by the ordeal.

“I heard the crying and the sobs when I originally talked to the officers,” she said. “I could hear through the phone.”

Man charged with attempted murder of boy who went missing in Brampton

A previous article stated this 'Smart' guy (the irony) was placed under arrest at 8:00 am - an hour after this boy was found at the railway tracks. Jmo.

Maybe I have become cynical but Mothers DO cry and sob whether they are complicit or not. Her baby clings to life as a result of her introducing a violent male into their lives. She may cry due to sorrow, remorse, worry or guilt...we just don't know enough yet I don't think!

Maybe I have become cynical but Mothers DO cry and sob whether they are complicit or not. Her baby clings to life as a result of her introducing a violent male into their lives. She may cry due to sorrow, remorse, worry or guilt...we just don't know enough yet I don't think!

You said what I was thinking. Thank you.

My son is 22 and his step dad is upset at him(rightfully so) however I have enough common sense to keep the two away from each other for the time being. I didn’t bring any men around my son until he was a teenager. Jmo. Maybe he is dad. Who knows. I’m so sick of this.

Having difficulty swallowing the 'trying to break-up with him' part of the story - saw it here -

Investigators have not said exactly what Smart’s relationship to the family is. However a friend of the boy’s mother told CTV News Toronto that she and Smart had previously been in a relationship and that he was “lingering” after she no longer wanted him around.

Man charged with attempted murder of boy who went missing in Brampton

Now we have this report -

Neighbours say they heard arguing in the unit in the early morning hours.

“I heard a loud bang or thud at 2 a.m.,” a neighbour told police. “It woke me up.”

The boy’s mother called police at 6:05 a.m. and said her son was not in his bed but that she had checked on him at 2 a.m. and he was fine.

Missing Brampton boy, 5, located with life-threatening injuries

Surely after the stabbing charge last Sept one of his bail conditions would be not to go within x feet/meters of the complex where the victim lives (or lived) - and where his gf and mother of this now barely alive boy live. Enough to call 911 if he was hanging around when not wanted.

I think friends are throwing in the 'mom has been trying to break-up with him' bit to try and take a little heat off her.

According to a previous article linked Dyon Smart has been charged with aggravated assault against this boy and 'fail to comply with recognizance' and 'breach of probation order'.
From your link:

“I heard a loud bang or thud at 2 a.m.,” a neighbour told police. “It woke me up.”

The boy’s mother called police at 6:05 a.m. and said her son was not in his bed but that she had checked on him at 2 a.m. and he was fine.

This isn't making any sense. If the mother had broken up with the guy then why were they arguing in her home at 2 am? And how does that translate to her "checking" on the child at that time?

Ugh, no, not again...

It's really hot where I live today. I was trying to escape the heat this afternoon and take a nap under the fan and air conditioning. I couldn't sleep. I was thinking back to when my children were this little. At bedtime I would sing them a song and give them hugs and kisses. Most of the time we read a book also. My daughter loved butterfly kisses (I would bat my eyelashes softly against her cheek and she would giggle and snuggle up to me) My son loved when I would sing and especially Eskimo kisses (no longer appropriate name for Inuit or Yupik peoples, I'm dating myself). In the morning we had breakfast together and more laughing, hugs and kisses. Such simple, small things....... I wish all little ones had these simple things in their lives.

From your link:

This isn't making any sense. If the mother had broken up with the guy then why were they arguing in her home at 2 am? And how does that translate to her "checking" on the child at that time?

Ugh, no, not again...

We may have already entered the BS baffles brains phase. JMO

I’m from Brampton, I went to high school and middle school around the corner from where this took place and have many friends from school that live in that vicinity. I spent so much time in that area and have even walked down those tracks he was found on. This is absolutely bizarre. I hope the little guy pulls through. I cannot fathom how he was on probation after attempted murder not even a year ago!

I’m from Brampton, I went to high school and middle school around the corner from where this took place and have many friends from school that live in that vicinity. I spent so much time in that area and have even walked down those tracks he was found on. This is absolutely bizarre. I hope the little guy pulls through. I cannot fathom how he was on probation after attempted murder not even a year ago!

Welcome to Websleuths!! It is very surprising he is not still in jail from that charge. I wonder if the victim refused to cooperate and there was no choice but to plea him out.

No, the previous victim was a 44 year old man who was stabbed in the ear. There were charges which is why when this was arrested today for attempted murder additional charges included
'failing to comply with recognizance and breach of a probation order'.
It's not shocking to me that he breached his order but I am pretty horrified that NO ONE around this child, not an extended family member, not a neighbour, not an acquaintance reported it.
I will be very curious whether CAS have previously been involved.

Brampton man charged with attempted murder in 5-year-old’s disappearance | The Star

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back