CANADA Canada - Brighton, Ont, Fem foot in running shoe, on Gull Island, Sep'13

Article from July, 2008

"RCMP said they have not yet ruled out the theory that the feet might have come from people on a plane that crashed in the Strait of Georgia near Quadra Island three years ago."

"It appears that these feet have naturally disarticulated from the bodies through natural process."

2 of 5 feet found on B.C. coast belong to same man: RCMP"]2 of 5 feet found on B.C. coast belong to same man: RCMP
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/07/10/bc-missing-feet-shoes-identified.html

I am surprised that the NAMUS database does not list the size of shoe for the missing people. Really surprised. I am still searching though. I am focusing on New York State. As I mentioned, Rochester, NY and all kinds of U.S. waterfront cities are located directly across Lake Ontario from this recovery location. Niagra Falls/St.Catherines is south west of the island. Toronto to the west. Those are the areas to focus on, IMO.

Article from July, 2008

"RCMP said they have not yet ruled out the theory that the feet might have come from people on a plane that crashed in the Strait of Georgia near Quadra Island three years ago."

"It appears that these feet have naturally disarticulated from the bodies through natural process."

2 of 5 feet found on B.C. coast belong to same man: RCMP"]2 of 5 feet found on B.C. coast belong to same man: RCMP
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/07/10/bc-missing-feet-shoes-identified.html

BBM - wonder if they did or will do DNA testing to figure that out...

I am reminded that Buffalo, NY would not be out of the question here, for the source of the victim's limb, while improbable, it could be possible.

There is alot of transient boat traffic from both the US, Canada and even from Europe and Southern countries in the Caribbean, that travel in Lake Ontario. Large Lake Freighters make the trek to the many cement plants in the region. The 1,000 Islands are located East in near Kingston/Ganonque, and have travelers from Ottawa, and points beyond to the East Coast all the way up the St.Lawrence River.

Here is a map that shows where the shoe was found, and where the U.S. cities are etc.

Winds are prevailing westerlies on Lake Ontario.

The line on the google map between Buffalo and Brockville is the shipping lane, I believe.

Other close areas for potential victims in the U.S., would be Watertown, NY and Syracuse, NY.

attachment.php

Attachments

• footfound.jpg
    footfound.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 308
This woman is missing and I have not yet found update to see if she was located or not..

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/release.php?id=27449

"Sep 03, 2013, 11:21 am

Missing woman,
Brenda Stevenson, 49

51 Division
416-808-5100

The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance locating a missing woman.

Brenda Stevenson, 49, was last seen on Thursday, August 29, 2013, at 9:15 a.m., in the Yonge Street/Maitland Street area.

She is described as white, 5'8", 120 lbs., with hazel eyes, and long blonde hair. She was wearing a blue sundress.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
"
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Emanuel Gialousis, 51 Division

Also missing from Toronto...( although last seen wearing ankle boots)

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/27332

"Broadcast time: 14:56
Friday, August 16, 2013

51 Division
416-808-5100

The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance locating a missing girl.

Elizabeth Kluwak, 15, was last seen on Thursday, August 15, 2013, at 10 p.m., in downtown Toronto.

She is described as white, with a pale complexion, 5'8"-5'9" with a muscular build, blue eyes, long wavy red hair with a blonde streak and facial acne. She was last seen wearing a pink tie-dyed T-shirt with a Pink Floyd logo, short black pants and black ankle boots.

Police are concerned for her safety"

This link, a little slow to download, suggests in headline that other remains may have been found.
Cannot help but wonder what size running shoe Laura B. may have worn?...

http://www.kruzfm.ca/2013/09/12/foot-discovered/

"Foot Discovered Along With Possibly More Human Remains"

A lot of people do go missing while jogging. It is the only thing I can think of, it is so strange.

Not likely, but ..
Could someone be venting anger at, or making a statement about, fashionable running shoe companies - or joggers for that matter?

How and why in the bejeezus are there so many feet inside shoes turning up, come on, this is crazy?

It's totally on the other side of the country from BC, and there may be different things going on, but, wth IS going on???

When a body is in the water, it will bloat and get mushy and eaten. Feet in shoes are not only rather well protected against this, but shoes are kind of floaty, so while the rest of Hank is getting eating, his feet pop off and goes solo. Catch a good stream, and they are off. And one such stream goes right along the BC shore.

I expect that dozens of feet will probably land in the next few years, after the tsunami in Japan, a couple of years ago.

Geez, that's rather disturbing. I was thinking maybe there was a common suicide point, which would explain so many in the one area, but what you said above makes sense.

Wonder what the sizes of all the other feet are? The last foot found was 2011 CMIIW based on the location map http://www.cbc.ca/bc/features/found-feet/

Out of all, only one has been ID'ed? Wonder if this is work of a serial killer, or a nut case who's taking feet from cadavers?
Looks like 4 were identified, and 3 of those identified the police said no foul play was involved.

Wonder what size feet Lorraine Roach has?

CANADA Canada - Lorraine Roach, 58, Peterborough ON, 11-May- 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2013/09/06/candlelight-vigil-for-missing-woman

"Roach, 58, was last seen leaving her Hilliard St. home at 1:30 a.m. on May 11.

Her Pontiac Montana minivan was found near an access point to the Trans-Canada trail near Ackison Rd. on the western edge of Peterborough"

Lorraine is the first person that popped to mind when I saw the news article. If her body ended up in Lake Ontario south of where she disappeared, then it could have caught in a current and snagged on shallow Gull Island.

Lorraine is only 5'4" though, so while it's possible it is her, it's a lower probability. She is a larger woman. (I have a larger sister who is also 5"4" and she has very large feet for her height. I believe she wears at least a size 10, if not a size 11.) I wouldn't necessarily expect Lorraine to be wearing Mizunos though. These shoes are typically sold in specialty running stores. Although if she had "foot problems" then she might have invested in a good pair of well-constructed running shoes.

Regarding the currents in the area...I came across an image of a sign on Gull Island taken by a blogger. It said:

WARNING Dangerous channel
Deep water Strong currents and Shifting bottom
DO NOT attempt access to High Bluff Island on foot.

There is more information in the blog about the island, particularly walking to it in the winter.

http://carlykb.com/blog/?tag=gull-island

So who knows where the foot/shoe may have come from. Anywhere west of Gull Island seems reasonable.

Regarding all of the feet in shoes found in BC I'm sure I read that most of them belonged to people who committed suicide...many jumping into the river from bridges upstream. It's not considered the mystery it once was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back