Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

totally agree. as a child he ran to tattle on others and possibly get himself off the hook in school.

This is just the adult version, dash off to the police to put the onus on the other person and claim they consented to being hurt. It might not work every time but seems to have been very successful for BM.

Show me the boy at seven, I'll show you the man. Paraphrased from Aristotle.

I wonder if this behavior stems from his parents fostering children?

I wonder if this behavior stems from his parents fostering children?

I agree. Maybe lack of attention/affection from parents/adult figures because there were so many kids in the house, therefore needing the attention of his teacher(s).

But I wonder if there were conduct problems earlier on that typically is a risk factor for criminal behavior in adulthood. I still have the clinical hunch that there was a history of sexual abuse - JMO.

That's a really good speculation! I don't know much about forensic analysis, but can toxicology be done on a decomposed body? Sorry, if my qustion sounds naive.

Thank you Maple.

Good question. And I am glad it sounds naive; only professionals should know the answers in these cases!

I simply assumed toxicology tests could be run regardless of the state of the body through hair, nail, bone, etc.

Here is an article that I quickly found addressing forensics/CODs.

http://www.slate.com/human-interest...-target-within-her-evangelical-community.html

...forensic pathologists are often required to perform autopsies on bodies that are weeks, months, years, or even decades old.

...pathologists can still examine the bones, hair, teeth, and nails to find answers.

Traces of poison—like strychnine, for instance, ... can remain in keratin. Pathologists can examine body parts in cross section under a microscope or chemically analyze them for traces of substances.

Pathologists have to know what they’re looking for, though. Forensic pathologists typically receive a report on a deceased person’s personal and medical history before performing an autopsy so they’ll know which potential causes of death to search for.

Research: Did a quick 10-minute search online for above article. I viewed other online sites/articles but found this one to best summarize in simple language; others were either too scientific in terminology/length or graphic in nature with attached gruesome illustrations.

Hope this helps.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/pub...upsetting-but-they-are-part-of-the-story.html
Photos of alleged killer may be upsetting, but they are part of the story
Some readers have asked the Star not to publish photos of accused killer Bruce McArthur. But is journalism’s responsibility to report reality fully and unflinchingly, even when we know it may upset some people, writes Public Editor Kathy English.
The image is in itself banal, depicting an aging, white-haired, husky man caught smiling in front of the thundering Niagara Falls.

But, given the probability of secret evil inherent in that sunny day picture of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur, I’m not surprised that a few readers have asked the Star to please stop publishing the photo.
With respect to those readers who have expressed concern about these images, I do not think the Star can or should refrain from publishing them. I understand that the smiling image at Niagara Falls may well be upsetting to some, in that it depicts the seemingly innocuous colliding with unimaginable horror. But this is reality; this is fact as we know it now and it is journalism’s responsibility to report reality fully and unflinchingly, even when we know it may offend or upset some readers.

Yes, it is disturbing, but given the fact that the investigation is ongoing and police continue to seek information from the public, it would seem to me important that this man’s image remain in the public eye. At this time, the newsroom has only the two photos of the accused killer sourced from Facebook and I expect you will see them many times in coming months as the Star vigorously pursues the many unanswered questions abut these murders and how police handled their investigation into missing persons in the Gay Village.

During the press conference Monday, the Chief Forensics Pathologist spoke about the ongoing investigation in determining the victims' CODs. He stated they wanted a complete data set across all victims that would have positive or negative findings (rule out/confirm).

The criteria he listed at the conference were the following: disease, chemical (toxicology), injury

To date, there have been multiple sources reporting drug use, either by BM or that BM had administered:

• Amyl nitrates - 'poppers' taken by BM, as recorded in his 2001 assault charge

• GHB - 'date rape drug', BM administered to victim, as reported in Mar 06/18 interview

IMO, it could be likely that LE would use the findings from the toxicology reports, in addition to confirming CODs, to also review/establish possible links between BM and sudden death cases.

I have been in communication with people who know Sean and they assured me that GHB is Sean’s drug of choice and he uses it all the time. So we can’t say that was BM’s thing. Yes, given the poppers it’s where my brain jumped to as well, but my opinion has changed given the communications I have had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^ Sean?? who is Sean?? Do you have a link from MSM about this please?

I wouldn't complain if they put a huge green wart on his nose, and a boa constrictor coming out of each ear.

I find it amazing that people would complain about the photographs and details that have been published.

As horrible as they are, they ARE the reality of the case. No one is forcing them to read/see the pictures/details. As it is, its all been carefully screened and minimum amounts of information have been released.

Whenever there have been tragedies of all sort, even severe car crashes....one can learn life lessons that may be vital to your own survival. Why would you not want to be aware of reality?

Are people so very sensitive now that they 'need' a sanitized version of the horrible realities of life?

I have a family member who never watches/reads the news as its too upsetting for them but they don't demand it be removed from papers or tv.

Glad The Star has taken this position.

GHB is very popular in the EDM (electric dance music) scene, it is considered a rave drug if you will. When i used to rave in the late 90s the popular drugs were ecstasy or meth, but then after awhile GHB came out and so many switched to that. I myself have never taken it, knowingly. I have seen many people I know take it and dance all night and in a euphoric state or pass out.

People take it to party and have a good time but when too much is taken one can "G out", pass out be incoherent...

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

GHB is very popular in the EDM (electric dance music) scene, it is considered a rave drug if you will. When i used to rave in the late 90s the popular drugs were ecstasy or meth, but then after awhile GHB came out and so many switched to that. I myself have never taken it, knowingly. I have seen many people I know take it and dance all night and in a euphoric state or pass out.

People take it to party and have a good time but when too much is taken one can "G out", pass out be incoherent...

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Yes, in this case my sources who will remain entirely anonymous, have told me that Sean essentially has a death wish. His limits are long and he keeps pushing them. This is in NO WAY victim blaming. I just wanted everyone to know that the GHB was his thing so we stay on track with this. I drew the same conclusions after hearing it in the interview, but my opinion has changed. Not that it definitively rules out him using drugs with anyone else though. Which is where toxicology comes in.

Not something that i would like to bring attention to, but thinking it should be noted, fwiw imo.
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ecause-of-involvement-in-bruce-mcarthur-group

I think she has made a lot of people angry but the fact that she has several fake accounts that she uses to smack talk and taunt the people on the board she doesn’t like, makes me think she absolutely could have used those accounts to do this to herself.

I think she has made a lot of people angry but the fact that she has several fake accounts that she uses to smack talk and taunt the people on the board she doesn’t like, makes me think she absolutely could have used those accounts to do this to herself.

I'm not sure this happened in her case but it sure wouldn't be the first time someone has done what you suggested. :rolleyes:

Statement from Chief Saunders r.e. the Bruce McArthur case:
As questions swirl around Toronto police's handling of the investigation into alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur, Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders has released a statement where he lays out a series of “clear and concrete” actions he says the force has taken since the case began.

Full statement from Chief Saunders below. Story to follow:
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/saunders...has-taken-since-mcarthur-case-began-1.3836686

Accused serial killer Bruce McArthur investigated for alleged sexual assault in 2016: police source

McArthur reportedly drove to the 41 Division police station in Scarborough where he told officers they were going to be called about a sexual assault, saying it wasn’t true and that it was consensual.

As that was happening, the source said the man who was allegedly choked called police and officers from 32 Division in Toronto’s north end responded. At some point, the source said McArthur was placed under arrest and taken to 32 Division where the investigation continued.

McArthur, a 66-year-old self-employed landscaper, was interviewed before he was released. McArthur was not charged.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4073560/bruce-mcarthur-alleged-sexual-assault-2016/

Thank you Maple.

Good question. And I am glad it sounds naive; only professionals should know the answers in these cases!

I simply assumed toxicology tests could be run regardless of the state of the body through hair, nail, bone, etc.

Here is an article that I quickly found addressing forensics/CODs.

http://www.slate.com/human-interest...-target-within-her-evangelical-community.html

Research: Did a quick 10-minute search online for above article. I viewed other online sites/articles but found this one to best summarize in simple language; others were either too scientific in terminology/length or graphic in nature with attached gruesome illustrations.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, lilymoon. For some reason the link you sent gives an error code. But I was able to find the correct link, and read th article. There is some fascinating information there!

Accused serial killer Bruce McArthur investigated for alleged sexual assault in 2016: police source

https://globalnews.ca/news/4073560/bruce-mcarthur-alleged-sexual-assault-2016/

Psychopaths must keep their true nature hidden, and they know how to do so. They’re skilled and successful actors and mimics. After all, they can only dupe us if they can first make us believe they’re honest, genuine, and trustworthy. To do that, they have to come across as “normal.” When they slip up, they’re good at explaining it away, distracting us, or shifting the blame.

Another sign is deviant sexual desires...

In case anyone was wondering if BM has the signs of a psychopath.

http://psychopathsandlove.com/identifying-a-psychopath-19-subtle-signs/

More on psychopaths:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/psychopathy

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...d-criticism-of-bruce-mcarthur-probe-1.4570267

Saunders also announced today that the force has finalized plans for a dedicated missing persons unit, something that hasn't existed in the city so far.

That unit will be be responsible for reviewing and updating the status of missing persons cases currently on file "and with investigating high-priority, historic cases and new reports."

Up until this point, missing persons cases were investigated at the divisional level. Toronto is one of the only cities in the province not to have one.

So the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back