Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

This has been my thought. Usually when a woman goes missing the first person they suspect is the violent ex. I can't go into detail here but honestly more than once I have seen firsthand that TPS actually isn't quite sure how to handle violence in relationships between men, when it should be obvious that they ought to treat it the same as domestic violence situations between men and women.

......only IF it is domestic violence. There is non domestic violence as well. They have to follow whatever the laws and their investigation show.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainmen...hy-she-ll-play-the-lovewins-concert-1.3836696
TORONTO -- Carole Pope says she's standing in "solidarity" with Toronto's LGBTQ community as they grapple with questions surrounding alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

And she plans to move ahead with a performance at a concert billed as "part vigil, part celebration," despite suggestions in some circles its timing and purpose miss the mark.

"I want to be there to support people," said Pope, the leader of new wave band Rough Trade, in a phone interview from Los Angeles.

"Rough Trade's whole career started in Toronto, so I have a very strong connection with the city."

Pope's name carried top billing on posters for #LoveWins, a free music event planned for March 29 at Nathan Phillips Square that follows a number of recent vigils
Some took issues with the use of "celebration" in the promotional materials.

Pope, known for songs like "High School Confidential," said she sympathizes with those opinions.

"It's certainly not a celebration, it's a coming together of people," she said.

"I can see everybody's point but I know Salah has done so much for the community and his heart's in the right place."

This is why LGBT education/awareness and diversity training is a must and should become a criteria for LE before they can be deemed as competent to work in a multicultural society. When you work in a profession that aims to protect the public, you cannot use the excuse of "I didn't know", or "I assumed".

Sorry my morning rant.

A large percentage of my family are officers peppered throughout Ontario (none in TPS) and my uncle actually went on to become an esteemed prosecutor. I wanted to become an officer before I unexpectedly ended up pregnant with my 4th child. But this case has lit the fire again. I can’t just complain about change. I need to be it. My paternal family emigrated here from Ireland, my maternal side is part FN (I’m passable, so I would never claim hardship, but I’ve witnessed enough to possibly and hopefully bridge the gap), and I’m pansexual (or bi for those that roll their eyes over that). I have been a SJW since my childhood when I was the only one who would battle my external family’s vocal racism. My hopes is that by this career path, that I can work my way up to being part of the change that needs to happen.

Even with my personal experiences and SJW work, I would still benefit from diversity training, etc. I would never assume that I have all the answers nor assume that I’m perfect. I think this is where the police forces in general fail. I also believe the psychological evals aren’t thorough enough and should happen routinely, particularly after complaints regarding the officer and after anything traumatic (first kill, first responder at something horrific, etc). I also would love to see management of the forces do what is possible to get rid of the mentality that has officers protecting the bad ones. My niece was in University with the goal of becoming an officer. Her teacher warned them not to. She was an ex-TPS officer who “tattled” on her partner that stole thousands of dollars from a crime scene. The partner was not only never disciplined, but she started finding dead rats in her locker, her car was keyed, etc. She eventually went to the board about the harassment and they basically blamed her for how she was being treated. She quit. That spoke volumes to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O/t
Unrelated, but have to wonder if BM at some point in his life perhaps while still married, might have visited a Doctor similar to this one?
Speculation, imo.
March 9 2018
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...had-sex-with-male-patients-in-his-office.html

The human race never ceases to surprise me. Horrible. But thinking back to the 50’s and 60’s how families dealt with their sons being effeminate or showing signs of swinging that way.. I shudder to think about what BM could have been exposed to. I’m not by any means excusing what he has done. But nature vs nurture and all that. Progress eliminates so many of the things that harm the psyche of children. The more we know the better we have to become.

On a missing person thread unrelated to BM as he was already arrested, another poster mentioned that they hoped " Bad Santa " was not back in action in the Kamloops area..
Another Bad Santa!
The articles are from 2011 and the M/O, victimology does not seem to be the same as in these cases, but maybe??
imo, speculation.
rbbm
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/kamloops-woman-escapes-santa-claus-abductor-1.1098051
Oct 10 2011
https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/has-bad-santa-returned/
attachment.php

Kamloops Mounties say there has been another instance of a man with a “Santa Claus beard” attempting to lure someone into his vehicle.
RCMP Staff Sgt. Doug Aird said a young boy was walking home from school when a red pickup truck pulled up beside him.

Aird said the man inside, who was described as an elderly male with a “full white Santa beard,” asked the boy, “Little boy, do you want a ride to your home?”
There have been a number of similar reported incidents in 2011, but none since the spring.
Aird said investigators believe the suspect, if it is the same man, might be from out of town, which would explain the sporadic sightings in Kamloops.

Attachments

• santaclaussketchfrommay.jpg
    santaclaussketchfrommay.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 208
A large percentage of my family are officers peppered throughout Ontario (none in TPS) and my uncle actually went on to become an esteemed prosecutor. I wanted to become an officer before I unexpectedly ended up pregnant with my 4th child. But this case has lit the fire again. I can’t just complain about change. I need to be it. My paternal family emigrated here from Ireland, my maternal side is part FN (I’m passable, so I would never claim hardship, but I’ve witnessed enough to possibly and hopefully bridge the gap), and I’m pansexual (or bi for those that roll their eyes over that). I have been a SJW since my childhood when I was the only one who would battle my external family’s vocal racism. My hopes is that by this career path, that I can work my way up to being part of the change that needs to happen.

Even with my personal experiences and SJW work, I would still benefit from diversity training, etc. I would never assume that I have all the answers nor assume that I’m perfect. I think this is where the police forces in general fail. I also believe the psychological evals aren’t thorough enough and should happen routinely, particularly after complaints regarding the officer and after anything traumatic (first kill, first responder at something horrific, etc). I also would love to see management of the forces do what is possible to get rid of the mentality that has officers protecting the bad ones. My niece was in University with the goal of becoming an officer. Her teacher warned them not to. She was an ex-TPS officer who “tattled” on her partner that stole thousands of dollars from a crime scene. The partner was not only never disciplined, but she started finding dead rats in her locker, her car was keyed, etc. She eventually went to the board about the harassment and they basically blamed her for how she was being treated. She quit. That spoke volumes to me.

I agree, psych evals should be done regularly. What you have written also speaks to the unfortunate subculture that can exist within the LE and military professions.

On a missing person thread unrelated to BM as he was already arrested, another poster mentioned that they hoped " Bad Santa " was not back in action in the Kamloops area..
Another Bad Santa!
The articles are from 2011 and the M/O, victimology does not seem to be the same as in these cases, but maybe??
imo, speculation.
rbbm
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/kamloops-woman-escapes-santa-claus-abductor-1.1098051
Oct 10 2011
attachment.php

This guys looks like BM!

FWIW: I’ve been tinkering with the timeline, posted an updated one:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...lines-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=13983040#post13983040

Remember there’s no discussion on the timeline thread :). If anyone wants to add/delete/correct me, post here.

There are a couple of things starting to “ping” for me, and I’m thinking about picking up and doing some cross-referencing on the unsolved missing cases listed here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...eged-serial-killer-Bruce-McArthur-1970-s-2018

If anyone feels like joining in a probably brain-frying exercise, feel free! I’ll be posting over in that thread.

Update regarding the concert.
https://www.cp24.com/news/organizers-pull-plug-on-love-wins-concert-following-criticism-1.3837470
Organizers of a concert that was supposed to help the LGBTQ community heal following the arrest of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur have postponed the event amid criticism over its appropriateness.

#LoveWins was supposed to be held at Nathan Phillips Square on March 29 featuring performances from members of the Barenaked Ladies and the Forte Toronto Gay Men's Chorus.

The event was billed as “part vigil, part celebration” but it quickly drew criticism from some members of the LGBTQ community who said that it was tone-deaf to the real pain that so many people are going through.

Another Bad Santa!
imo, speculation.
rbbm
Oct 10 2011
attachment.php

The picture looks similar, but the descriptions seems way off. Does anyone know BMs info? Aproximate height/weight (at time of arrest) etc? The victimology if young boy and driving age female seems wayyyyy off what we are dealing with (at least since 2010 with Skanda).

The picture looks similar, but the descriptions seems way off. Does anyone know BMs info? Aproximate height/weight (at time of arrest) etc? The victimology if young boy and driving age female seems wayyyyy off what we are dealing with (at least since 2010 with Skanda).

This info comes from one the dating websites (self-reported):

height: 5'10" feet (178 cm)
weight 221 lbs

Toxicology tests can be run usually but they are far less accurate. Depending on the state of the body they might have to submit liver, brain or muscle tissue. They can test hair and bone, in theory, but its expensive and not many labs do it. Unless it's absolutely pertinent to cause of death or a criminal case, most MEs won't test hair or bone.

Sorry cnmccarthy. I don't think I have ever posted the police photo just the missing person info and photo but I did discussed the UID. I struggle to decide where to post my thoughts. Unfortunately the UID is a part of this case and this is why people likely decided to post there observations with the image. I hear you and understand your sensitivity to the image. Perhaps the image should be restricted to the UID thread? I guess the mods should give us some direction.

Unfortunately, based on my former career choices, I had to become accustomed to these images without photoshop and some times in person. No not in LE but an investigator of another sort. I can't say I really became accustom to it, instead, I just decided that it was part of my job and for me to look and analyse what I saw was with the decease's best interest at heart. I left that career behind me many years ago but I guess that trait stuck with me.

I suspect that the posters of the image only had the best interest of the victim at heart as well.

Like I said... Perhaps the image should be restricted to the UID thread? I guess the mods should give us some direction.

Any way, Thank you for your post. I learned from it and will use this knowledge to try and decide where to post.

I can definitely understand why you and others put the picture on this thread! It makes perfect sense.

I couldn’t imagine having to do that job. I’m sorry you had to do that. [emoji17]

Thank you for being so nice and respectful! I really appreciate it!

Sjm_qc
Sit on your hands, darlin, that's what I do to keep from going time out or banned for life.

March 10 2018
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ation-defend-work-of-front-line-officers.html
Three men interviewed by police in Bruce McArthur investigation defend work of front-line officers
In mid-December last year, as Toronto police inched closer to an arrest in the disappearance of two local men, they called in somebody who once had a relationship with Andrew Kinsman.

During the 30-minute interview at the police station, Bruce Dow was asked several questions he didn’t understand.
In retrospect, he told the Star, the questions made sense in light of stories published on Bruce McArthur.
“They were tired, but still caring. I felt like they’d been working on this a long time and were frustrated,” he said, adding that despite their apparent weariness, the detectives remained “very grateful, and they were very kind and very sensitive.”

Dow had been speaking to detectives on and off since late summer, after Kinsman disappeared in June. He had wanted to offer any information he had. Originally, he spoke to police on Facebook, followed by conversations over the phone, he said. Then police suddenly asked Dow to come speak to them.

When he arrived, Dow said two detective constables informed him that his statement would be videotaped, and that anything he said could be used against him in a court of law.

“Honestly, that scared the crap out of me,” he said. “The tone changed, and it was very cut and dry, but I think that’s what they have to do.”

Lengthy article, VERY GRAPHIC.
Rbbm to highlight the males referenced in these snippets are from the US.
March 10 2018
http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...ed-serial-killer-share-sickening-similarities
[h=1]Project Houston target and accused serial killer share sickening similarities[/h]
Brunton, a Peterborough resident, was cleared as a murder suspect back in 2013 but he admitted to possessing, making and distributing child *advertiser censored*. He also had depraved sexual and cannibalistic fantasies involving teenage boys.

Project Houston — the first of two Toronto Police probes into the Village disappearances — focused on Brunton, who communicated online about sexual sadism, dismemberment and cannibalism.

It was also alleged that he induced a young New York man to take an incapacitating substance so he could smuggle him into Canada inside the trunk of a car.
Brunton, 69, met a teenage boy from Colorado “through a profoundly bizarre and depraved website

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back