Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

"t was a very brief appearance in Provincial Court Wednesday for 25 year old James Parise of Kitchener. Parise is facing charges of second degree murder in the disappearance of Catherine Todd."

http://www.570news.com/2013/03/27/kitchener-man-appears-briefly-in-court/

So she's presumed dead?

Seems she is presumed dead - so what was found in that apartment? :(

He's about half her age. So what might the relationship be? Neighbour? Boyfriend? Friend of her child? Her son?

Thanks, yes - saw him on Kitchener news at 6 which confirmed it. Seems he's been in court on domestic violence charges.

And the Ephraim St. house is associated with him, according to this link -

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/kitchen...-in-disappearance-of-catherine-todd-1.1213182

Eprhaim St. is not so far from 50 Lorraine Ave. where Catherine Todd lived - about 2 km.

I'm going through his photos, trying to figure out what the relationship might be. Catherine was definitely not his type. He certainly likes himself very much....

I'm going through his photos, trying to figure out what the relationship might be. Catherine was definitely not his type. He certainly likes himself very much....

Yes, he does! and I looked, too but did not find a connection. It's odd when you try the link to his business, it says it's a restaurant/cafe but he was actually in construction, from the looks of it.

Yes, he does! and I looked, too but did not find a connection. It's odd when you try the link to his business, it says it's a restaurant/cafe but he was actually in construction, from the looks of it.

He probably works for a contractor doing framing. This was really all I could find on Jax Construction: http://www.handycanadian.com/local/contractor/50579 Maple Ontario... without looking it up, I believe is outside the GTA. Muscle Man lived in Kitchener.

There's a pickup truck in his photos he refers to as "sex on wheels". I'm guessing that was the truck they were looking for. Eeww.

I wonder if he does 'roids....

He probably works for a contractor doing framing. This was really all I could find on Jax Construction: http://www.handycanadian.com/local/contractor/50579 Maple Ontario... without looking it up, I believe is outside the GTA. Muscle Man lived in Kitchener.

There's a pickup truck in his photos he refers to as "sex on wheels". I'm guessing that was the truck they were looking for. Eeww.

I wonder if he does 'roids....

I suspect that is not the same Jax Construction - his facebook info says he was 'owner' and says feel free to ask for a referral (by which I think he likely meant a quote?) Shows him starting up in December 2009, location Kitchener.

Whoa... I don't see a way to link to a specific timeline post, so apologies in advance if this breaks a rule:

Jay Solomon Parise

April 26, 2012 near Stratford via mobile

it's been a year now since I was charged with domestic violence.. and I'm not ashamed to admit I needed help with my temper! to all the hero boyfriends out there - raising your voice is abuse. punching walls is abuse, mean glances, breaking things, slamming doors.. these are all not only forms of abuse - they are grounds for a domestic charge!! they are also stepping stones to more violent abuse. if you are one of these people, get help.. first admit you need help ;) everyone needs advice sometimes.. women too, couples actually - learn how to argue reasonably! there are cues to look for, ways to diffuse the situation.. before it escalates! heaven forbid the two of you take an argument too far, call the cops and not be allowed to see eachother.. period, for the better part of a year! ok I'm rambling now lol :) and don't cheat on people!!! it's worse than stealing and as bad as blaming someone else for your DUI lmao :) goodnight folks

There is a beautiful young girl who comments on almost all of his FB posts... there is a man with the last name Todd who has commented on at least one of this girl's posts. This man lives in Ireland and is ironically married to a woman named Catherine... though it's not this Catherine. There are several Todd's on both of their friends' lists, presumably family.

There's got to be a connection there.

Whoa... I don't see a way to link to a specific timeline post, so apologies in advance if this breaks a rule:

Jay Solomon Parise

April 26, 2012 near Stratford via mobile

it's been a year now since I was charged with domestic violence.. and I'm not ashamed to admit I needed help with my temper! to all the hero boyfriends out there - raising your voice is abuse. punching walls is abuse, mean glances, breaking things, slamming doors.. these are all not only forms of abuse - they are grounds for a domestic charge!! they are also stepping stones to more violent abuse. if you are one of these people, get help.. first admit you need help ;) everyone needs advice sometimes.. women too, couples actually - learn how to argue reasonably! there are cues to look for, ways to diffuse the situation.. before it escalates! heaven forbid the two of you take an argument too far, call the cops and not be allowed to see eachother.. period, for the better part of a year! ok I'm rambling now lol :) and don't cheat on people!!! it's worse than stealing and as bad as blaming someone else for your DUI lmao :) goodnight folks

Just a heads-up regarding FaceBook - I don't think the rules allow us to copy and paste directly from FB. We can paraphrase and provide a link though.

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/2013/03/27/police-continue-search-for-body-of-48-year-old-catherine-todd

Not a nice guy...

Parise grew up in Stratford. He was a member of the Stratford Junior Indians that captured a provincial C championship in 2007.

As an 18-year-old he had a scrape with the law.

He was one of three Stratford men charged with aggravated assault after they beat two other men with a baseball bat in a Mitchell apartment building in 2005. The two victims fled the apartment by jumping off the balcony and running to nearby houses for safety.

It’s unclear when Parise moved away from Stratford or if he still has family here. Police identified him as a Kitchener resident.

Just a heads-up regarding FaceBook - I don't think the rules allow us to copy and paste directly from FB. We can paraphrase and provide a link though.

Thanks.. that's what I thought. There is no way to link a single timeline post though, only share it and I didn't want it showing up on my own timeline :eek:

Ugh... so I noticed on his FB that he drives the exact truck as Brandon Scott Lavergne... only a black one. :(

I wonder if he did some work on the apartment complex where she lives? It looks like he was working on commercial and residential properties going by his Facebook photos.

Thanks.. that's what I thought. There is no way to link a single timeline post though, only share it and I didn't want it showing up on my own timeline :eek:

If you want to quote something said on FB, simply rephrase it in your own words, as that is allowed! :wink:

ETA: I love you avatar!

This is my neck of the woods. I'm saddened to see this story has already lost its spot on the front page of The Record, replaced by mayor Rob Ford's latest douchebaggery.

The woman could still be out there alive somewhere, waiting for help. I fear the next article I read will be about finding her body :(

Me too. My children swim at Lyle Hallman pool on Heritage Drive. Their daycare provider is on Heritage Drive too. (Lorraine intersects Heritage)
Stanley Park isn't the best area of town, but it definitely isn't an area I would consider "violent". A lot of apartments and small homes. As you get closer to Keewatin and past River, the houses are new. Expansive park on River.

Thanks, yes - saw him on Kitchener news at 6 which confirmed it. Seems he's been in court on domestic violence charges.

And the Ephraim St. house is associated with him, according to this link -

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/kitchener-man-charged-with-second-degree-murder-in-disappearance-of-catherine-todd-1.1213182

Eprhaim St. is not so far from 50 Lorraine Ave. where Catherine Todd lived - about 2 km.

VERY close. You need to take Lorraine to River, rt on River, left on Ephraim. It is in Rosemount neighbourhood, right near the Expressway. Again, just a normal middle class neighbourhood, 3-4 story walk-ups, etc. Houses all built around the same time as Heritage Park (where Lorraine is located). I lived in Rosemount in the early 2000's, on Becker Street. Quiet (other than the expressway), friendly. Normal.

I am wondering if they think she might actually be IN the loveseat.

I am wondering if they think she might actually be IN the loveseat.

Oh yikes :eek:

I used to live in Lackner Woods, I know that area. Not much ever goes on at that end of town (other than the peeping Tom incident last summer). Very quiet area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968
Back