Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/910444--police-search-landfill-site-for-loveseat-in-todd-murder-probe

Close to a dozen Waterloo Regional Police officers are continuing to search the local landfill site in connection with the homicide of Catherine Todd.

Insp. Kevin Thaler, police spokesperson, said Thursday it’s possible her body may also be found at the Waterloo Region landfill site on Erb Street West.

“We know the loveseat is in the landfill,” Thaler said. “Somebody’s taken this loveseat to the landfill.

“Is her body there? Sadly, that is a possibility.”

I did know him yes.

If you feel willing to share what you know of him, I have questions... but if you'd rather not answer, I'll understand.

Do you know how he might have known her? LE has confirmed that they knew one another but do not say how.

The second degree murder charge hints that perhaps this was an intentional act carried out in the heat of the moment - and that, along with his history, suggests that he does not control himself / his anger well. Does that fit with what you know of him?

I am sorry none of this makes sense to me. Why was the love seat removed from the apartment too??? And dumped in the landfill??? This whole crime makes no sense to me yet. Hoping for answers very soon.

I will answer what I can. Without giving to much info. My guess to knowing her from what I know about him. Relates to either sex or drugs. He experimented with steroids as well. I don't believe he meant to murder anyone. His anger is like a whole other personality. I've experienced it. His life went down hill 2 years ago

I will answer what I can. Without giving to much info. My guess to knowing her from what I know about him. Relates to either sex or drugs. He experimented with steroids as well. I don't believe he meant to murder anyone. His anger is like a whole other personality. I've experienced it. His life went down hill 2 years ago

Thank you. Sex or drugs makes sense from his side of things... not so sure about how that fits with Catherine, but drugs seem more likely of the two, maybe? since it's been reported she has had financial / health problems.

What happened two years ago in his life? Do you know? That would have been about the time of his domestic violence charges, if I remember correctly... so, anger issues then, too.

You know, his FB has so many 'inspirational' quotes that I think he actually may have tried to set some goals for himself, or at least thought about it. So... how did he get from that to murder charges?

Removal of the loveseat - well, I'm guessing it had evidence, perhaps in form of blood, on it... but there must have been other very concrete evidence in her apartment of a struggle/foul play so why remove just the love seat? Unless as someone suggested upthread, it was a way to move her body (inside of it)?

I don't know her ... Or of her. But her life accordin to other comments did seen to go down hill. I do wonder about the men. Believe it or not James was very successful. Nice truck, own business, personal fitness ...although he was well put together . When I knew him he was involved in drugs. Addictions to sex, he's very large now since I knew him. So maybe steroids too. yes two years ago he was charged with domestic. An that is when everything spiralled down for him. DUI after that..anger yea....controlling... Possessive

Must be a bit scary for you, JG, if you've experienced his anger, now that you know how far it apparently can go.

Maybe that's why I feel the need to come on here. I am greatful. I do wonder the same things you said about the love seat

Maybe that's why I feel the need to come on here. I am greatful. I do wonder the same things you said about the love seat

I'm glad if coming here to WS gives you a place to put some stuff out there, and helps you deal with this... must be hard, especially if you considered him a friend.

No he wasn't anymore. and like I said this doesn't surprise me he was headed for a dark place. But murder....crazy.

Welcome Justguessing, and thank you for sharing your experience.

Judging by the multiple beautiful young girls fawning over him on his FB, I sincerely doubt he was having sex with Catherine Todd...a 'plain jane' woman twice his age.

Really thinking she was selling drugs...and with 'men coming and going from her apartment', most likely steroids. Something went wrong and he lost it in a fit of 'roid rage.

Welcome Justguessing, and thank you for sharing your experience.

Judging by the multiple beautiful young girls fawning over him on his FB, I sincerely doubt he was having sex with Catherine Todd...a 'plain jane' woman twice his age.

Really thinking she was selling drugs...and with 'men coming and going from her apartment', most likely steroids. Something went wrong and he lost it in a fit of 'roid rage.

I agree the drug angle is more likely... but, as unpleasant as it is to contemplate, I think the sex angle cannot be completely dismissed. Sometimes men pay to be allowed to explore some darker sides of their sexual compulsions... maybe he thought he could buy something from Catherine that she was not selling.

I agree ...unlikely but not to rule out. Sex is sex for some people... The steroid theory is a good one though.. I cannot comment on the girls on his face book .There is no point ..Anyways I assure u that isn't important.

greenthumb said:
Sometimes men pay to be allowed to explore some darker sides of their sexual compulsions... maybe he thought he could buy something from Catherine that she was not selling.

*shudders*

She just doesnt strike me as a prostitute. You're right though, you never know.

There is no point ..Anyways I assure u that isn't important.

How do you mean?

*shudders*

She just doesnt strike me as a prostitute. You're right though, you never know.

How do you mean?

BBM - me, neither. But she doesn't strike me as a drug dealer, either. :confused:

Maybe some kind of online hookup gone wrong? She got in over her head, didn't expect whatever it was he was expecting? He thought she reneged on their deal & lost his temper?

:welcome: Greenthumb

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288