Canada - Cathy Pietz, 56, Welland ON, 6 December 2013

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Dec 8, 2013.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Cathy Pietz
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Police asked anyone with information to call 905-688-4111 ext. 3306.

http://missingpeople.ca/2013/12/07/missing-woman-in-welland-cathy-pietz-56/
    http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/4260720-police-seek-missing-welland-woman/

2. Loading...

3. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

4. Guardian_Angel

Guardian_Angel New Member

I am in the area, if anyone needs me to check anything out. I went to high school with her. Although I haven't seen her in quite sometime, this is very unusual for our area. I'm hoping it has something to do with just wanting to get away for what ever reasons.

5. Peanut2

Peanut2 New Member

I'm also very close by and willing to help if I can. Had a few interactions with her and a close family member several years ago. As Guardian_Angel says, this is unusual for the area. I believe her family has been very helpful to her and supportive over the years. They must be worried sick.

6. sophiebelle

sophiebelle New Member

Her family home is where she lives or her family lives there (parents)? Does she have a husband and children? Work at a job? Since they say "they believe" she's driving her red car, does that mean nobody saw her leave or that she may have ditched the car? All the articles say the same thing. She doesn't look as large as the description so I wonder if that's a current pic? Does she have a phone? Maybe this will all be addressed soon.

7. Guardian_Angel

The police reports are being very vague. I have not seen anything at all about her disappearance in the last few days as far as updates or any new information.

Her father was the mayor for several years, and had a long political career while running his well know dairy farm. There is a Canada 411 listing with her first initial and another initial and a hyphenated last name. I know the street address is the same street that her parents live on, so maybe she lived a few doors down from them.

It has been a cold blustery day today, with tons of snow falling all day. I just hope she is safe and warm somewhere.

8. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

9. swedie

swedie Active Member

The 56-year-old was reported missing by her family on Dec. 7.
    She was last seen at her family home in Welland at about 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 6.

Pietz is described as 5-foot-5, 240 lbs., with long, straight blonde hair, blue eyes and a three-inch vertical scar below the outside corner of her right eye.

Here's hoping she comes home in time for Christmas. What a wonderful gift that would be for her loved ones.

http://www.inportnews.ca/2013/12/16..._type_map=["og.recommends"]&action_ref_map=[]

10. Canadian4

Canadian4 Taking it one day at a time

I go to Welland, Dunnville and Hamilton a few times a week and have been keeping my eyes open. Is there any info on where she likes to go or what she likes to do? Her family must be devastated.

11. Guardian_Angel

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...-search?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

12. swedie

swedie Active Member

Bumping for Cathy.
    It's been over a month now :( Where are you Cathy? So devastating for her loved ones.

13. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

14. swedie

swedie Active Member

15. evafiore

evafiore New Member

16. perfectingpink

17. evafiore

evafiore New Member

In July divers were still looking for her. Tragically, it seems that the authorities concluded that she must have driven into the water---the Welland Canal is huge.

Searching further, I found this. They retrieved a female body from the canal in September 2014, in the area of the Clarence Street Bridge, which is where they were looking for Cathy.

I wish the best for her family.

18. swedie

swedie Active Member

Evafiore thank you for the link to do with Amber. That's wonderful that she was located. Interesting the post wasn't released for over a month after she went missing. Was she missing for over a month or LE just got around to releasing over a month later? Odd. .

I saw the article that LE was searching the canal, but obviously missed the one which they had found a female body. I assume they suspect suicide then? Unless it's still under investigation and hush hush. So tragic. My heart goes out to her loved ones. RIP Cathy. MOO.

Perfectingpink, yes I saw the obit for her mom in my search for updates yesterday. So sad. Maybe her mom died of a broken heart missing her daughter. Stress can be hard on people, especially the elderly. MOO.

19. perfectingpink

She really could have. It makes me sad she died without knowing exactly what happened to her daughter. I also saw in the obit she lost a son, also. That poor woman!

20. swedie

swedie Active Member

I would like to know how LE came to the conclusion there was no foul play in her death. They came to the conculsion it was either an accident or suicide I assume. MOO.

21. cansleuther

cansleuther New Member

The body recovered from the canal on September 27, 2014 was not Cathy. It was an elderly woman who had recently lost her husband (as seen in the comments from this FB article). Obituaries from the same time period support this. It appears that Cathy is still missing.