CANADA Canada - Charles Horvath-Allan, 20, British, Kelowna, BC, 26 May 1989

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by dotr, Nov 27, 2017.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/67dmbc.html
    [​IMG][​IMG]

superbee likes this.
  2. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/britains-got-talent-2017-turns-attention-to-kelowna-case/
    [​IMG]
    “
    [video=youtube;b4RlOiVJjCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4RlOiVJjCo[/video]

Attached Files:

4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Respectfully wondering if Charles was known to be bi or gay?
    speculation.

superbee likes this.
  6. morf13

morf13 Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer

Charles Horvath Allan went missing while hiking across Canada in 1989. His case was featured on the TV show Unsolved Mysteries.
    Here is my podcast episode about the case:
    02 - Charles Horvath | Criminology

Suglo, DarkestHour2019 and dotr like this.
  7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Lengthy recent article.
    by James McMahon
    https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/the-30-year-search-for-the-u-k-s-most-famous-missing-son
    “I’ll never stop looking for answers. How could I? How could I ever give up on my boy?”

There is, of course, a desperation about 69-year-old Denise Horvath-Allan, the mother of Charles Horvath-Allan, a name synonymous with the roll call of Britain’s most notorious unsolved mysteries. It’s as much about her age and the finite nature of our time on the mortal plane as anything else. Or as she puts it, she’s “running out of life” to find her son. In this way, she knows her part of the story is coming to a close, despite the ending likely remaining unwritten."

"Charles, a Canadian-born British national, first went missing in May 1989, during a gap-year pilgrimage to explore his roots, hiking across Canada and visiting his father in Ontario. At a slender six-feet tall with dark brown eyes and short hair, a prominent scar on the left side of his head, a piercing in his left ear and a tattoo on his left arm of a skull with a mohawk, Charles had the look of a young man who was just growing out of punk, yet couldn’t give it all the way up. “He was always smiling,” says Denise. “My beautiful, naive boy.”

"Charles’ last confirmed sighting came three weeks after he arrived in Kelowna, British Columbia, on May 26, 1989. To get there and finance his travels across Canada more generally, he worked a bunch of odd jobs — some shifts in kitchens, a bit of toiling at a ski resort, a modeling assignment in Montreal. He was last seen while cashing his check from the the now shuttered Flintstones Bedrock City Amusement Park at a local bank."
    "Upon Denise’s first visit to Kelowna, she visited the Tiny Tent Town. She describes it as having a “stench of evil” and that you could “feel the fear” there. The manager at the time told her that Charles had “gone out one day and never came back.” The campsite management waited a while, but eventually threw out Charles’ belongings. They kept just three things: his bible, his rosary and a leather strap"

“They told me that this former resident had overheard in the showers what had happened to Charles. That he’d been killed and dumped in the Tiny Town septic tank"

Suglo likes this.
  8. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

Horvath: sketch 30 years on - Kelowna News

dotr likes this.
  9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting this!
    Feb 20, 2019
    [​IMG]
    Photo: Diana Trepkov
    Drawing of what forensic artist Diana Trepkov believes Charles Horvath might look like today.
    “Since i live in Canada, I had told her I am going to help as much as I can to get this story out here in Canada.”

"Trepkov has created more than 200 age-progression drawings for cold case files. "

iulia likes this.
  10. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

Charles Horvath left England just over 30 years ago to embark on a Canadian adventure.

He never returned to his home country — a fact that has haunted his mother all these years — but tonight and in the days ahead, his fellow countrymen and women will nonetheless get a chance to see his smile.

Charles’s portrait was painted by artist Ian Bruce, and is among several dozen featured in the show Unmissable.

https://www.similkameenspotlight.co...0-years-ago-subject-of-high-profile-art-show/

iulia and dotr like this.
  11. crimeblogger1983

crimeblogger1983 Member

12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Very, very interesting, thanks for posting!

"Is this to my fate
    to die
    never knowing where Charles' remains lie

PLEASE WON'T YOU TELL
    PLEASE ALLOW US CLOSURE
    PLEASE GIVE US PEACE

Denise Horvath-Allan"

Suglo likes this.
  13. Daphne1972

Daphne1972 Active Member

Two things, how much was that check for and which modelling agency?

Suglo and dotr like this.
  14. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

15. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.