Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #2 *killer identified*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Dedpanman, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets4Life

Jets4Life Member

I have no doubt about it. He knew it was just a matter of time before new DNA technological advances would end his freedom. He took the cowards way out.

2. Jets4Life

Jets4Life Member

$1.2 million for 10 years of hell that Morin went through is chump change. I would have awarded him $10 million. However, money cannot buy the decade that he lost trying to clear his name.

3. nuff

nuff Well-Known Member

Especially as many never accepted his acquittal. The crazy theory of a 2nd perp. involved who left the DNA lingered.

4. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

5. Wondergirl

Does anyone have genealogical links for CH?

6. Wondergirl

7. Wondergirl

Arnie M, Snoopster, LadyL and 3 others like this.
  8. Wondergirl

CH condolences to his deceased wife in 2010:

Your ever loving husband, partner and friend Cal lit a Memorial Candle | March 17, 2010

I love you for being a wonderful wife with so much love to share. I love you for being a special friend who shared such warmth and care. I love you for being the kind of partner that only you could be. I love you for being everything that meant the most to me.

Joanne Hoover Obituary - Welland, ON | ObitTree™

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  9. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Gosh scary how monsters roam the earth among us acting all normal :eek:

10. copkid

copkid Well-Known Member

I am not sure I cannot ever accept the fact that Christine's tiny body laid where it was found for almost 3 months. I feel she would have been discovered sooner had she been there the whole time. Her bones would have been scattered by animals....she would have been found by a walking neighbour or a roaming dog, or by the owners of the property. I have always believed her body was stored, perhaps even frozen and then dumped at the trailer site sometime later? But why this spot? What was the connection between CH and this place? Did he have help? Many many questions that still remain unanswered.
    JMO

11. Skibunny

Skibunny Active Member

I wonder if he killed the new wife in 2009.

12. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

What was her cause of death?

13. Skibunny

Skibunny Active Member

I wonder if TPS physically sent officers to HH home to deliver the news that her ex murdered CJ, or if it was done by telephone. They did send officers to GPM home and I don't know where he lives. Maybe the officers knocked on her door and told her, then she possibly faked some kind of sudden illness to get away from the officers. Since CH is deceased, she would have no fear of him.

14. Wondergirl

This valuable link for OSINT that investigators use, is extremely useful, for all cases.

OSINT Framework

15. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

I love you for being a wonderful wife with so much love to share. I love you for being a special friend who shared such warmth and care. I love you for being the kind of partner that only you could be. I love you for being everything that meant the most to me.
    Joanne Hoover Obituary - Welland, ON | ObitTree™

What could he say in his "condolences" to Christine? imo....speculation.

''Your ever hateful family friend, parent's co-worker and neighbour extinguished your flame, Oct 3 1984.

I hate you for being a wonderful child with so much love to share. I hate you for being the kind of innocent little girl that only you could be.
    I hate you for being everything that means the most to me, a trusting child who is small and weak and easily fooled by a lying creep.

16. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

I've got to say that when I look at the photo of little Christine I don't feel a sense of urgency or pain anymore.
    Looking at her photo, I feel peace and beauty.
    RIP, sweet child.

Marg from Oz, MsBetsy, LadyL and 3 others like this.
  17. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

RSMB / RBBM
    Are we sure this is the Calvin Hoover that murdered Christine?

His father was also named Calvin Hoover who also lived in Toronto at the time.

Calvin Hoover Jr (Christine's murderer) would have been 24 in 1980 at the time of this article, but no age is given for the one referenced in the article. CH Snr would have been mid-50s then--- the same age-range as at least other person arrested as two do not have ages given.

I'm sure that an earlier article stated that Calvin Hoover Jr had only had one prior brush with the law and none related to sexual offences; it's confirmed there was an Impaired Driving charge in 1995 (his mug shot photos are the ones in all the media - glasses on/glasses off - with the horrific trendy-for-the-time mid-90s shirt on).

IMO, I'm thinking the article linked may be about his father. Calvin Hoover Snr.

18. Tadpole12

Wrt JH, 2nd wife, died 2009, at the age of 58
    In the obit SP just posted it says she died in Hospital, mentions donations to the Canadian Lung Association.

Marg from Oz, LadyL, Vern and 5 others like this.
  19. Wondergirl

Wow. Thanks for posting, TS had it behind a paywall.

This is very important.

20. Tadpole12

Jessop brother says Hoover killed self after police contact

October 16, 2020

"Among Mr. Jessop's assertions is that police interviewed Hoover in 2015, although they deny any such interview."

'It all fits': Christine Jessop’s brother, Kenney, shares theory on how his sister was abducted by Calvin Hoover

October 15, 2020

"Toronto police came across Calvin's name in Jessop's cold case file in 2015 following up with an interview, Kenny said.

It wasn't long after, he said, that Calvin died by suicide. Toronto police has denied an interview took place."

Marg from Oz, MsBetsy, dotr and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.