Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 *killer identified* #3

Yes I agree, if any unsolved crime involved another DNA match I think it’d be known by now. Unless CH can be conclusively pinned to another crime, it’s better for LE not to assume the perp was he, a now-deceased man who will never face legal consequences, just to close a cold case file with no chance of a future arrest of a perpetrator who might still be living.

JMO

Still, it is of course worth checking out other cases similar to Christine's in Ontario at that time range to a reasonable degree. If I was a member of a victim's family, it would be good to know who the perpetrator was, dead or alive.

Still, it is of course worth checking out other cases similar to Christine's in Ontario at that time range to a reasonable degree. If I was a member of a victim's family, it would be good to know who the perpetrator was, dead or alive.

Problem would be if there’s no DNA or other connection to link CH, how can anyone know he was the actual perp? What if the true perp is still alive?

Docuseries 'Darkness in Daylight' to explore Christine Jessop murder case

Toronto actor and producer Folklaur Chevrier says she has exclusive rights to the story of nine-year-old Christine Jessop and is developing Darkness in Daylight with permission from the family, including mother Janet Jessop and brother Kenneth Jessop.
"We've all heard the Guy Paul Morin story, respectfully so, but we've never heard from Janet and Kenneth Jessop — we've never heard an unvetted version, we've never heard their truth and we've never heard why their life has been a living hell," Chevrier said in a phone interview.
She plans to go into production next year and feature the Jessops as key subjects. While the family has given interviews before, "they always had to be very careful what they said, and quite frankly, they were fearful to speak the truth," she said.

Chevrier also plans to interview Hoover's now-ex-wife, Heather, for the series.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tv-christine-jessop-docuseries-1.6217511?__vfz=medium=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR2httrcHxuEXL2PGe2i56CYR9PEWcsVnepw26CDNqSxLp507JTMra13OLw

Docuseries 'Darkness in Daylight' to explore Christine Jessop murder case

Toronto actor and producer Folklaur Chevrier says she has exclusive rights to the story of nine-year-old Christine Jessop and is developing Darkness in Daylight with permission from the family, including mother Janet Jessop and brother Kenneth Jessop.
"We've all heard the Guy Paul Morin story, respectfully so, but we've never heard from Janet and Kenneth Jessop — we've never heard an unvetted version, we've never heard their truth and we've never heard why their life has been a living hell," Chevrier said in a phone interview.
She plans to go into production next year and feature the Jessops as key subjects. While the family has given interviews before, "they always had to be very careful what they said, and quite frankly, they were fearful to speak the truth," she said.

Chevrier also plans to interview Hoover's now-ex-wife, Heather, for the series.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tv-christine-jessop-docuseries-1.6217511?__vfz=medium=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR2httrcHxuEXL2PGe2i56CYR9PEWcsVnepw26CDNqSxLp507JTMra13OLw

This is awesome news.

81 years old. Half her life spent mourning the loss of her daughter and fighting for answers and a justice that would never come.

Janet, may you now finally find justice in being reunited with Christine.

81 years old. Half her life spent mourning the loss of her daughter and fighting for answers and a justice that would never come.

Janet, may you now finally find justice in being reunited with Christine.
''And so she passed away last month, her son believes, because she felt it was finally safe to join her slain daughter: The endless hunt for Christine’s killer was over. And her surviving child Kenneth had just celebrated two years of sobriety.''
1712419242485.png
''

''And so she passed away last month, her son believes, because she felt it was finally safe to join her slain daughter: The endless hunt for Christine’s killer was over. And her surviving child Kenneth had just celebrated two years of sobriety.''
View attachment 495478
''
What a nice article and tribute to Christine and her family. I am so glad her brother and mom Janet were able to finally find out who committed this despicable murder before her mom passed. I wish her son Kenneth well in his continued sobriety and life moving forward.

It's great they found the real killer of course and that they were able to exonerate Guy Paul Morin, but he should never have been convicted in the first place.

So this is worth a read too Guy Paul Morin - Innocence Canada Especially for sleuths, to know where mistakes have been made in the past.

MOO
Yes, that was a terrible injustice to Guy Paul Morin! Like many Canadians, I remember his name well and I suspect some people might still give negative connotations to his name, forgetting that he was completely exonerated!!! IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back