Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

CANADA Canada - Cindy James, 44, Vancouver, BC, 25 May 1989

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by OkieGranny, Jul 26, 2014.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.wevancouver.com/news/vancouver-s-creepiest-unsolved-mysteries-1.1261787

2. Woodland

Woodland Well-Known Member

At first glance, it seems to me someone wanted to torture this woman for a long time. My money would be on the ex she left (notoriously have their noses out of joint) as opposed to a current bf. Jmo.

When she was found hypo-thermal in the ditch, drugs were my first thought - then she is found drugged to death. And LE comes up with suicide when she is hog-tied and drugged because there were no witnesses to previous acts? Shameful, and repetitive with Canadian LE - WM.

3. MissSanctimonious

MissSanctimonious New Member

Why did nothing ever come of this case? Surely there is some evidence from the multiple break ins. She was found on multiple occasions hog tied outside, how did the attacker/s restrain her, and continue to do this. Surely she'd have picked up on a pattern of behaviour. And what about her kids? Did they ever see any prowler?

I'm obsessed with this case. Getting info is pretty hard when you live all the way in Australia

4. Woodland

Woodland Well-Known Member

Let's see what we can do about furthering this case.

First and foremost is correct info - as much as can be obtained. In my experience, no trial means little info. LE does not play nice where opposition to their views exist - especially in Canada. Jmo.

The best comparison that comes to mind is Canadian Russel Williams - former Colonel. One of his victims was found tied to a chair and LE left her that way for hours 'assuming' she had done this to herself. The LEO was of course a male. Never mind that another one of William's victims, a neighbor to this victim, had been found the same way weeks or months earlier - this male officer could not fathom that someone else had tied this victim up.

So if this is a case where people want to believe LE can't have made any errors, what's the point in pursuing? If people want to explore the facts, then the facts should be explored to every extent possible.

Imo CJ was a victim.

5. steelybird

steelybird Member

This was on Unsolved Mysteries. I'm from BC so it definitely spooked me. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to endure years of torture and abuse, then be treated like you are doing this to yourself! This poor lady.

I read somewhere that she witnessed some misdoings of her husband and his wealthy associates on Galiano Island. Then she left him and the madness ensued. Apparently they were trying to make sure she stayed quiet -or- if she did speak, she would not be credible due to LE insisting she was doing this all to herself. So creepy.