Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info on the same question

43578953-9658555-While_China_has_tried_to_insist_the_virus_originated_elsewhere_a-a-6_1623032398870.jpg

Genome sequencing almost certainly proves COVID was deliberately made in a lab, US experts claim | Daily Mail Online

June 7, 2021
Ontario will enter first step of reopening plan on Friday, allowing patios to open
''Ontario will enter the first step of its reopening plan on Friday, allowing non-essential retail stores to reopen for the first time in months and bars and restaurants to begin serving customers on their patios in time for the weekend.

The Ford government had previously set a target date of June 14 to formally enter the first step of a three-step reopening plan but it has opted to instead do so as of 12:01 a.m. on Friday.

The move comes hours after Ontario reported 525 new cases of COVID-19, its lowest single-day number since Sept. 27.''

More Ontarians become eligible to book second COVID-19 vaccine dose appointments today

"Those aged 70 and older, as well as people who received their first dose of an mRNA vaccine on or before April 18, can now book their second shot on the province's website or through its phone line.
The expansion comes as Ontario nears a vaccination milestone: 10 million doses administered."
My own opinion (and personal experience), but eligibility for second dose and actually getting an appointment are two separate things.

Read something a couple of days back, the average lifespan in Canada is 83 yrs and that the average age of death from COVID was 85ish.

Cannot find it but if anyone does, please link it?

Not to say that anyone losing their life is a good thing but it put a lot of the 'narratives' into perspective. All lives lost are tragic.

Its a bit like the Hunger Games at the moment but that's because its just opened up for second shots.

It was the same for first shots at the beginning of the vaccinations too.

Be patient everyone, keep trying and be patient.

Witnessed two people almost get into a fight in a pharmacy today, over who was in the right lineup. whoa!

Read something a couple of days back, the average lifespan in Canada is 83 yrs and that the average age of death from COVID was 85ish.

Cannot find it but if anyone does, please link it?

Not to say that anyone losing their life is a good thing but it put a lot of the 'narratives' into perspective. All lives lost are tragic.

Its a bit like the Hunger Games at the moment but that's because its just opened up for second shots.

It was the same for first shots at the beginning of the vaccinations too.

Be patient everyone, keep trying and be patient.

Witnessed two people almost get into a fight in a pharmacy today, over who was in the right lineup. whoa!
This link is from 2020 but with some interesting stats...
Canadians age 85 and older account for over half of excess deaths amid COVID-19: StatCan

Thanks dotr.

Different article but same idea, most of the deaths were in the elderly, elderly.

Obviously, women out ranked men in the deaths of the elderly elderly as there are fewer men around in the mid 80s.

CDC said the same, that in younger groups, there were more men who died from COVID.

Last edited:
My own opinion (and personal experience), but eligibility for second dose and actually getting an appointment are two separate things.

No kidding. Our whole entire Public Health region has just over 1000 doses available today. That won't go far. Some front line workers are still waiting for second doses.

Next week we have a special clinic for students who will be getting their first doses. They'll be coming in on their school buses, picked up along their regular routes, and brought to the clinic. I get all teary and emotional when the kids come in. My dear grandson is one week short of being twelve and won't be on the bus. I get teary about that too.

Considering they're saying the 'delta' variant will be the main VOC in Ontario at least, if not everywhere, and considering studies have shown that both the Pfizer and AZ shots are only 30% effective after first dose, I hope they SOON ramp up second dose availability!

cover-19.ontario.ca/vaccine locations

You can filter by AZ, Moderna or Pfizer and when you input your postal code, it will show you the closest pharmacies with your choice of shot.

Taken from Vaccine Hunters.

Hope this helps!

covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine locations

You can filter by AZ, Moderna or Pfizer and when you input your postal code, it will show you the closest pharmacies with your choice of shot.

Hope this helps!

Good morning @JDG,

Yes, this certainly helps! Thank you!:)

COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario

Looks like I will be able to book my second Pfizer vaccine for July 19th. (or shortly after - depends how fast it fills up).

I'm using "patience", just like our @otto prescribed! :)

Last edited:
Very happy to know its helping you get an appointment!

There are some pharmacies that are vaccinating 24/7, if they have the supply.

Handy for those on shift work or who cannot/must not take time off work.

Also, one might not have casts of thousands at 1 am/3am. :D

cover-19.ontario.ca/vaccine locations

Hope this helps!

Not sure why auto correct made it cover-19.

S/B COVID-19. small letters

Thanks for the proper link, lol

Ontario reports 411 new COVID-19 cases, daily case count lowest since late September

"The seven-day average has now reached 657, which is down from yesterday at 703, and is down from last week at 978. A month ago, the seven-day average was around 3,100.

The government said 30,456 tests were processed in the last 24 hours. There is currently a backlog of 15,135 tests awaiting results. A total of 15,454,884 tests have been completed since the start of the pandemic.

Test positivity for Wednesday was 2.0 per cent — the same percentage as in late February but the lowest it’s been since Oct. 7 when it hit 1.9 per cent. That figure is down from Tuesday’s at 2.7 per cent and is down from last week when it was at 2.8 per cent."

Canada’s vaccine program depends almost entirely on deliveries of mRNA vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna. Pfizer shipments have been reliable with deliveries that have increasingly ramped up, but Moderna has often delivered shots late or in smaller quantities than initially pledged.

Moderna to deliver seven million more COVID vaccine doses in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member