Canada - Doctor charged with murder after multiple deaths at Hawkesbury, Ont. hospital, 26 Mar 2021

He has been released on a $10,000 bond and many conditions, such as not leaving Canada, not contacting anyone at the Hawkesbury hospital etc. His requests for release had previously been rejected six times. No future date is mentioned in the article.

Le médecin québécois accusé de meurtre remis en liberté
I thought I read in an article that he returns to court on the 13th of July.
I don't understand why they've granted him bail. I certainly wouldn't feel safe in the community with him out and about. And $10,000 seems like chump change for a doctor.
And for a murder ....And how can they think he's not a flight risk? Hasn't he moved around just getting his degrees? MOO

''Nadler's next court date is scheduled for Sept. 7. ''

Aug 17 2022 rbbm.
''An eastern Ontario doctor charged in the death of an elderly patient in Hawkesbury, Ont., last year is now facing three more counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of three other elderly patients, Ontario Provincial Police announced on Wednesday.

Dr. Brian Nadler, 35, was arrested Wednesday on the new charges, OPP said in a news release. He had been out of custody since being granted bail on the first charge in July 2021.

Nadler was originally charged with one count of first-degree murder in the death of 89-year-old Albert Poidinger of Pointe-Claire, Que. Poidinger was a patient at the Hawkesbury and District General Hospital, which is located between Ottawa and Montreal.

The three most recent alleged victims are 80-year-old Claire Briere of Rigaud, Que., 79-year-old Lorraine Lalande of Hawkesbury and 93-year-old Judith Lungulescu of East Hawkesbury Township.

All three were patients under Nadler's care, the hospital said in a statement posted on its website Wednesday.''

''In an email to CBC News, Greenspan's office confirmed Nadler was released on Wednesday afternoon with the same conditions.

According to a brief statement attributed to Greenspan and his partners, Nadler will be "vigorously defended" by the law firm.

"All four patients died of COVID-19 and Dr. Nadler provided excellent palliative care. When the facts are fully presented, we are confident that he will be vindicated," the statement said.''

''Nadler's next court date is scheduled for Sept. 7. ''

Aug 17 2022 rbbm.
''An eastern Ontario doctor charged in the death of an elderly patient in Hawkesbury, Ont., last year is now facing three more counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of three other elderly patients, Ontario Provincial Police announced on Wednesday.

Dr. Brian Nadler, 35, was arrested Wednesday on the new charges, OPP said in a news release. He had been out of custody since being granted bail on the first charge in July 2021.

Nadler was originally charged with one count of first-degree murder in the death of 89-year-old Albert Poidinger of Pointe-Claire, Que. Poidinger was a patient at the Hawkesbury and District General Hospital, which is located between Ottawa and Montreal.

The three most recent alleged victims are 80-year-old Claire Briere of Rigaud, Que., 79-year-old Lorraine Lalande of Hawkesbury and 93-year-old Judith Lungulescu of East Hawkesbury Township.

All three were patients under Nadler's care, the hospital said in a statement posted on its website Wednesday.''

''In an email to CBC News, Greenspan's office confirmed Nadler was released on Wednesday afternoon with the same conditions.

According to a brief statement attributed to Greenspan and his partners, Nadler will be "vigorously defended" by the law firm.

"All four patients died of COVID-19 and Dr. Nadler provided excellent palliative care. When the facts are fully presented, we are confident that he will be vindicated," the statement said.''

Four patients?! :(

When the police were first called, it was by a fellow staff member and it was in the midst of the alleged murder. My *guess* is that he may have administered a contraindicated drug not suitable for COVID patients in critical or grave condition/respiratory failure.

My *fear* is that he removed comfort care measures as they were in palliative care. Maybe something to do with intubation.

Wonder if this will turn out to be another BS case like Dr. Husel.
''William Scott Husel is an American physician who was charged in 2019 with murdering 14 people from February 11, 2015, to November 20, 2018, by fentanyl overdosage during palliative extubations and withdrawal of life support at Mount Carmel West and St. Ann's Hospitals in Columbus, Ohio.[2] Having turned himself in on June 5, 2019, Husel was found not guilty of all counts on April 20, 2022.[3]''

Sept 7 2022 rbbm.
''L’ORIGNAL, Ont. - The case of an eastern Ontario doctor charged with killing four people has been put over to Sept. 21.

Dr. Brian Nadler was initially charged with first-degree murder last year in the death of 89-year-old Albert Poidinger at the Hawkesbury and District General Hospital.

Police laid three additional charges of first-degree murder against him last month in the deaths of 80-year-old Claire Briere, 79-year-old Lorraine Lalande and 93-year-old Judith Lungulescu.''

''Nadler’s lawyers maintain their client’s innocence and say his patients died from COVID-19.''

This is an odd case. Were the patients all in palliative care? When my father was in that type of care, we were ready for him to finally let go and pass because he was so ravaged from cancer, that it was time for him to be pain free.

It seems that these might be more indicative of mercy killings, if these people were in 'comfort care' or hospice care and already being slowly allowed to pass.

I am currently following the serial of Nurse Letby in the UK, who is charged with the murder of 7 newborns and the attempted murder of 10 more newborns. It is so shocking and offensive to even consider someone doing that to an innocent little baby.

Yet when my father was in palliative care, we were essentially waiting for the end because he was in so much pain, that he had to be given a morphine drip 24/7 and he wanted it to end. I sometimes wished I could end his suffering myself somehow.

I wonder if he is going to stick with the covid explanation or move to 'mercy killing' defense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back