Identified! Canada - Durham, Ont, Woman, baby found dead, Mar'12 - Andrea & Brock Damude

I know that a family member of hers had posted a bunch of details to unsolved Canada only to delete them later... it's taken a lot of digging to find out what I know right now.

The nice part is that it's a closed case, so through the FOIA I can request documents pertaining to the case. Hopefully this will help me because it's not just about knowing exactly what happened, but it's also a necessary step for me to grieve. The not knowing is agonizing.

I know that a family member of hers had posted a bunch of details to unsolved Canada only to delete them later... it's taken a lot of digging to find out what I know right now.

The nice part is that it's a closed case, so through the FOIA I can request documents pertaining to the case. Hopefully this will help me because it's not just about knowing exactly what happened, but it's also a necessary step for me to grieve. The not knowing is agonizing.

Very tragic for everyone involved.

I had a friend who had a friend who suicided in a terrible way, she was still struggling with the guilt many years later. No one saw it coming and the shock was enormous, also the grief that she hadn't asked anyone for help. No one knew how deep her depression had become.

Get some counselling if you need it - an unexplained death is incredibly hard for the loved ones, especially when a little baby is involved.

Brock passed in his mums arms...she obviously loved him very, very much. If it was suicide, she would have honestly believed she was doing the best and most loving thing for him at the time. PPD is a horrible disease and it doesn't discriminate.

:rose:
Andrea & Brock.

Andrea Hissa (and later Damude) was my friend.... there are a lot of pieces that don't fit, and there's a lot that the public doesn't know. This isn't as cut and dried as the media has portrayed it to be and I will fight until I know everything.

I'm happy to see that there are a few of you who feel that there's something off about this case. Thank you for helping me not feel alone. <3

Robin, first, I am so sorry for your loss.

Believe me, you're NOT alone. Something is wrong here, I can't accept the story the way it has been presented in the media. There is nothing wrong with what you're thinking - it doesn't add up!

Please feel free to come here and talk if you're feeling especially blue about it, I know grief comes in waves - and lots of times in the middle of the night. Luckily, I think a lot of us who frequent WS are night owls and if you need to, just post and somebody will at least let you know you've been heard.

How could it be murder/suicide if they were found in the trunk? That's what is puzzling and very strange about this case.

How does one lock themselves in a trunk? Is that even possible? I guess if you tie something and then pull it down?

So sad. I read about her struggles with the baby not sleeping and wanting to be cuddled all the time. Wish she had reached out to someone for help. :(

I had a friend who committed suicide this exact way. It was in the middle of the California desert in summer though. They didn't find her body, in the trunk parked in her driveway, for about 5 days because nobody thought to look there.

To me there is logic to committing suicide far away in a field.

I have a family member who committed suicide away from home and away from town in a car. He redirected the exhaust into the interior of his car and went to sleep. Car doors were unlocked, he'd wrapped up financial matters- he'd written notes to his kids and put money in their accounts. It was very clear cut suicide. He chose to get far enough out of civilization that nobody would find him in the middle of it, but close enough he'd be found. It's been assumed that his reasoning was that he didn't want his wife, kids, parents, or friends to find his body and be haunted by the images.

That said, red flags should be up pretty high here. PPD may move someone to this point, but I can't see someone being concerned about who would find them if they were battling PPP where maternal murder-suicide is even more common.

Hello RobinBanks. I am sorry for the loss of your friend and glad you are here to voice your concerns.

I hope LE has answered all of the questions surrounding Andrea. LE does not always know what happened, so when obvious trauma is not present they close the case with no avenue of pursuit left.

Two full bottles of anti-depressants in the vehicle? Dispensed by 1 doctor? Would 1 doctor allow that much to be available to someone at one time?

Was the anti-depressant found to be in Andrea's system and that of her child? A high level or normal level? The reason I wonder about this is, hypothermia is a rare form of suicide and there was no guarantee the baby would die.

Hypothermia causes delirium - the person thrashes around and usually tries to remove their clothing (thinking they are hot). Yet Andrea was found coddling her child.

Do you know how far Andrea's husband followed her - where did he change course for his destination?

It's all very strange, imo.

Hello RobinBanks. I am sorry for the loss of your friend and glad you are here to voice your concerns.

I hope LE has answered all of the questions surrounding Andrea. LE does not always know what happened, so when obvious trauma is not present they close the case with no avenue of pursuit left.

Two full bottles of anti-depressants in the vehicle? Dispensed by 1 doctor? Would 1 doctor allow that much to be available to someone at one time?

Was the anti-depressant found to be in Andrea's system and that of her child? A high level or normal level? The reason I wonder about this is, hypothermia is a rare form of suicide and there was no guarantee the baby would die.

Hypothermia causes delirium - the person thrashes around and usually tries to remove their clothing (thinking they are hot). Yet Andrea was found coddling her child.

Do you know how far Andrea's husband followed her - where did he change course for his destination?

It's all very strange, imo.

Hi woodland! I didn't know about the thrashing around and removing clothing. Actually I didnt know anything about hypothermia. So I looked it up and found this

" Terminal burrowing

An apparent self-protective behaviour known as terminal burrowing, or hide-and-die syndrome,[24] occurs in the final stages of hypothermia. The afflicted will enter small, enclosed spaces, such as underneath beds or behind wardrobes. It is often associated with paradoxical undressing.[25]"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia

Maybe hiding in the trunk cuddling would be like terminal burrowing??

When I first heard about this case last year I searched and searched this
Story bothered me to no end and still does! When I first read they thought it was a murder suicide I cried. It is so very, very sad. I read somewhere (last year, so I don't have a link) that she wanted this baby so much and she had tried for so long to have him. It doesn't add up. I absolutely refuse to believe the murder suicide theory. Period.

Unless she was suffering some kind of psychosis, I can't see any mother allowing her baby to die this way.
She had anti depressants on hand. Why not use them and let the baby just go to sleep? That would be believable.
This story is not.

JMO

Did she have a phone with her? sorry if I missed it?

Was the car locked?
Did it have fuel?
Any mechanical problems? Anything that would explain why Andrea chose to stop there.

I'm wondering about the possibility of a car jacking,too. I could understand them being in the trunk that way.

:moo:

I did know about the 'burrowing' effect shifty, but somewhat discarded that as I don't know the difference between the stage of removing clothing and burrowing. If A had the 'presence of mind' to crawl in the trunk, why not start the car? Can someone know to burrow but no longer have the presence of mind to turn on the ignition of the vehicle they are in? I don't know.

Good questions ozgirl70 - wish we had the answers.

LE might be inclined to take the path of least resistance here if obvious trauma is absent.

I don't like the final ruling at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back