CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

LE says there is no indication of foul play, and her Mom thinks she may be hiding.

If this is true, then it will be very difficult to retain the publics interest in this case. I hope it is true,because for us at WS that means there is more hope, but.....what if it isn't what happened to Emma? She could have met with grave danger.

http://lake88.ca/2012/12/19/shelley...-year-old-daughter-emma-missing-since-nov-28/

Royal Roads University is the Military school on the Island in Collwood. It is not too far from Downtown, and it is plausible that she could be there. There is a HUGE deer population, and she was known to want to live in peace with the animals, so, it is not a stretch that she would make her way there.

Here are a few pics of Royal Roads, with Victoria Harbour being on the tip on the right side of the photo:

0204_Aerial001_online__jpg_676x300_q85.png

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=royal+...1,0.528374&hq=royal+roads+university&t=h&z=12

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=royal+...1,0.528374&hq=royal+roads+university&t=h&z=12

I'm wondering if she joined some cult? Are there any near or around Victoria?

I'm wondering if she joined some cult? Are there any near or around Victoria?

Victoria does have a reputation for cult activity, supposedly has underground tunnels which some claim relate to cult activity. I believe at one time Victoria was known to have the highest concentration of wiccan and satanic cults in North America. The book "Michelle Remembers" (ultimately discredited by some) is based in Victoria:

Michelle Remembers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the existence of any cults at this time ?? dunno but will rummage

Victoria does have a reputation for cult activity, supposedly has underground tunnels which some claim relate to cult activity. I believe at one time Victoria was known to have the highest concentration of wiccan and satanic cults in North America. The book "Michelle Remembers" (ultimately discredited by some) is based in Victoria:

Michelle Remembers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the existence of any cults at this time ?? dunno but will rummage

OK so I was born and raised in Victoria - I am skeptical of there being much in the way of "cults" now or then. Michele Remembers to me (and most people I know) has been debunked...

I don't think that what has happened to Emma has anything to do with cults. Sadly, I suspect she went somewhere and harmed herself.

OK so I was born and raised in Victoria - I am skeptical of there being much in the way of "cults" now or then. Michele Remembers to me (and most people I know) has been debunked...

I don't think that what has happened to Emma has anything to do with cults. Sadly, I suspect she went somewhere and harmed herself.

I live in BC and was just responding to n/t's query with my own recollections and various internet info. Maybe we can summarize by saying that, of all the cities in Canada, Victoria seems to be the one rumoured to have the most cult activity, so not sure why it seems to have that distinction. And yes, i did say that the book had been discredited by some. I should also p/c myself and not refer to wiccan and satanic groups as "cults" but religious groups.

ITA that Emma may have harmed herself, but no matter what we think/feel, IMO WSrs need to consider every avenue until it's proven otherwise. One thing i find a tch curious is the recently borrowed library books found in her car. While it may not be the case with Emma, a lot of folks "tidy up" their affairs before checking out. I'm also considering that Emma may have been vulnerable due to her emotional state

In today's Province, Emma's mom is struggling with the decision when to return home to Ontario:

http://www.theprovince.com/news/can...hter+missing+from+Victoria/7765895/story.html

all MOO

The Admin of her Facebook page have been contacted and informed about this thread. Hoping they will feel comfortable popping by here and saying 'Hi'.

On the FB page, the pic of Emma walking towards the desk at the Y, she is carrying a very large carry-all bag along with her orange purse. I wonder how often she carried that particular large bag, or did she just use it to contain a change of clothing for when she went to the Y.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindEm...46038250.87788.363776483718033&type=1&theater

There is no specific mention of the carry-all being found in her vehicle, but that she is believed to have her orange purse with her. Perhaps she was mugged, but if she was harmed in a mugging, you'd think she would have been found by now. If she intended on harming herself and took her purse so she could be IDd, it is likely she would also have been found by now in a reasonably conspicuous location so that her identity was known.

Those are interesting comments... some I have to agree with. :(

So why is Emma's wallet in the car but not the orange purse that she was last seen with? Normally the wallet would be in the purse.

Without a job, but money in the bank, why did she choose to / have to leave the houseboat where she was living with a friend and resort to a shelter? Was there gas in her car? What time did she leave the shelter?

So why is Emma's wallet in the car but not the orange purse that she was last seen with? Normally the wallet would be in the purse.

Without a job, but money in the bank, why did she choose to / have to leave the houseboat where she was living with a friend and resort to a shelter? Was there gas in her car? What time did she leave the shelter?

I didn't hear that about the houseboat, is there an article, or did you hear about it somewhere?

Noelle leaving on a boat is a very real possibility to me. I have been at that harbour many times, lots of vessels in and out.

I didn't hear that about the houseboat, is there an article, or did you hear about it somewhere?

Noelle leaving on a boat is a very real possibility to me. I have been at that harbour many times, lots of vessels in and out.

:wink: It was in the Times Colonist article both you and SheWho linked to above:

When she arrived at Sandy Merriman House, the emergency women’s shelter where Emma was staying, she was told by staff she had missed her by five hours. It’s unclear why Emma, who previously lived on a houseboat with a friend, was staying at the shelter, since her mother says she had money in the bank and had been working until her job ended Oct. 31. A staff member at Sandy Merriman said they don’t ask women why they need to stay at the shelter.
<bbm>

How horrible. :(

There are some interesting comments under this article. Makes you wonder.

vka-fillipoff-7752-jpg.jpg

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/l...aking-search-for-her-missing-daughter-1.40238

Her Mom looks so tired!!! I can't imagine the hell she is going through. It's hard to imagine that Emma is by herself, she must be getting fed so someone knows where she is. Unless she is in the woods somewhere or on a boat it's hard to imagine that whoever she is with doesn't realize everyone is looking for her. I still can't help but wonder if she isn't trying to make her way home. Even if her mental state is bad you'd think she would still contact her family???? It's been too long.

Did I read somewhere that no one ever saw her eat? Wonder what that is all about?

IDK but I just don't get the feeling she harmed herself. I think she is living in the streets somewhere. Perhaps even in another province. She needs more coverage in other provinces! It's so localized to BC.

New Video Interview with Emma's Mother here.

There is a bit of new information here, that Emma was trying to get to the airport in a cab and then got out. That would put her up-island.

LE says they have had 20 officers on the case, and have investigated 200 different tasks.

Shelley believes her daughter could be hiding in a rural building.

http://video.cheknews.ca/services/p...795rND&bclid=975107450001&bctid=2084027918001

My father told me that the police divers were in the water yesterday looking for Emma near Fisherman's Wharf.

Fisherman's Wharf is not directly across from The Empress, but, on the left side of the harbour, if you are looking out from the Empress.

I wonder if they had a tip or video that she was in that area, because, it is a heavy traffic and tourist area, and there are so many locations to search, it seems very, very odd they would be there in that basin to me, but, maybe with the constant ferry traffic, LE has determined that the currents would cause her to wash up there, if she is in there (which I hope she is not).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back