Canada - Five slain at Brentwood house party, Calgary, 15 April 2014 *Insanity*

I'm going to hazard a guess with the very little info reported so far. Drugs.

Jmo

I was wrong. Article I linked above has been updated. It says they do not suspect drugs or alcohol.

I was born and raised in Calgary and don't remember anything so horrible happening before

We had a young skinny piece of *** coldly and calmly stab a whole family to death down here a couple of years ago.

No drugs, no alcohol, just rage and jealousy.

Unbelievable. Even LE struggled to accept one young man could wreak such havoc but he did. It usually takes planning.

No one sees it coming.

Prayers for those affected.

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 4m
THIS JUST IN: Calgary police have charged 22 year-old Matthew Douglas de Grood with five counts of first-degree murder.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/police-chief-says-it-s-the-worst-murder-in-calgary-history-1.1776360

"Police say that the lone suspect in a stabbing in Brentwood suffered bite wounds from a K9 unit. He was treated in hospital and released into police custody.

Police say they have one suspect in custody after a house party in Brentwood went terribly wrong, leaving five people dead.

Two of the victims, Zackariah Rathwell and Josh Hunter were bandmates - they played together in the band, Zackariah and the Prophets. Rathwell

While police aren't confirming the suspect's name, Chief Hanson says the suspect “targeted the victims one by one - stabbing them several times”

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/police-ch...er-in-calgary-history-1.1776360#ixzz2z0DcxYVP

This happened just over an hour from where I live and makes things so much more real knowing I used to go to college and live in that neighbourhood.... With that said, everything I have been hearing are saying that drugs and alcohol is not involved. I have heard that he just got off work and headed straight to the party... (With a weapon but not the one used and took a knife from the house to do the dirty work.). It seems pretty unreal that one young man could do that much damage just with a knife. This crime is so hands on it has to be rage induced and the fact that he took a weapon to the scene it must of been premeditated... A motive seems beyond everyone...

(I am new to the group, have been reading posts for days but have never commented yet... But this hit so close to home, literally)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a horrible crime. 5 innocent young people lost their lives for what reason SMH

Five beautiful kids, children with such promise who should have had a lifetime to live their dreams. To their heartbroken parents and all loved ones, words can never convey my most sincere condolences.

Together in eternity

Joshua :rose: Jordan :rose: Kaitlin :rose: Lawerence :rose: Zackariah :rose:

I am so sorry ... Rest in Peace

I'm crying for pretty much everyone right now. :cry:

Both of my sons finished their classes at uni this week. To think that these victims don't have the opportunities to find out what their lives might have held is devastating.

I not only feel for the victims' loved ones, but for the alleged perpetrator's family.

de Grood was officially charged with first degree murder tonight, and there have been other terrible cases in Calgary. We just tend to forget them. Amber Webb-Bowerman was killed in a murder-suicide where Joshua Lall also took the lives of his wife and two girls then himself.

bbm
http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/04/1...-the-victims-of-brentwood-massacre-in-calgary
“They were part of the up-and-coming bands in town — it’s definitely going to leave a gap,” said Brown.

For Jesse Northey, it’s a two-fold blow.

As engineer of their EP, Northey got to know the band professionally, but moreso, he ended up counting the four members as friends.

His own band, Jesse and the Dandelions, had the honour of opening for Zackariah and the Prophets at that final, amazing show.

“The nice thing is there was so much hype and excitement leading up to the day, and a lot of the people in the crowd that night were their friends,” said Northey.

If there’s something for those friends and family members to focus on, it’s having had that night on stage, and having left behind a recorded testament to their talent and passion as musicians.

“I think they were really proud of it,” said Northey."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas