CANADA Canada - Florence Pearse, 69, West Dalhousie, NS, 14 Nov 2005

Note: "Jeff" is my uncle, and Florence's brother, not her son, and the last one to see her alive - I will re-read stuff to make sure that is clear in the posts above.

Are you able to post the names of her sons? Perhaps they have blogs themselves or were interviewed back when their mom went missing?

So... potential contacts:

• Annapolis County Ground Search and Rescue- for records of the areas searched
    Postal Code: B0S 1C0
    Phone: (902) 665-2104
  • Newspapers in Nova Scotia
    http://www.altstuff.com/newsns.htm

• The blogger lived in Annapolis Valley before he moved to Fredericton. Perhaps he'd remember more about the story at the time?
  • Uncle Jeff?

Hi all - I've decided to step away from this thread for a day or two, as I can get rapped up in it too much, I think. On Monday, I plan on getting on the horn and seeing who out there can give me some answers. But for now, I have other things to get done, and some interesting (but less personal) cases to follow on WS for a bit. I find my logic, humour and such is not exactly inexhaustible if I let myself too wrapt.

I'll be back with some details when I can.

(And, PH, I am considering your posts - I am not sure I should post her sons' names, since they seem to have made it clear they are uninterested in pursuing the case further. I will have to think on it, though it would be a matter of public record, and therefore, not a legal offence to publish their names - however, moral concerns are not always the same as legal.)

I don't have anything to add.

But this :hug: I'm so sorry pearseha

pearseha,

I just found and finished reading this thread. My heart goes out to you and your family. I also understand needing some time away, so please reply when you are up to it. I also understand your moral concerns. If I may suggest, follow your fathers lead. His sister is so near and dear to his heart, I will pray with your family for answers and closure.

I think and hope you can get info from the RMCP if you decide to pursue them, that is public record in Canada no?

I am also curious about the house fire. Was it ruled accidental? Arson? Is it still being investigated? the timing is highly suspicious.

As for the partial remains being found. I hate to suggest this and I don't know how to do so gently, but is it possible her foot may have been severed from her body if she had been on a trail travelled by snowmobilers? How much detail, and how thoroughly was that trail-area of the woods used by the snowmobiler searched? Was it ever searched again when the weather broke?

will be thinking of you and your family.
((((((((hugs))))))))))

Do you think that her ex would talk to you? I know you said her sons have made it clear they have no interest in the case anymore, and that's a shame. Maybe if your cousins won't talk, maybe her ex would... at least to find out about the DNA and how they made sure it was definitely her foot.

New news!

My aunt's cell phone was found (I didn't even know she had one, nor did my folks). It was found IN A DIFFERENT TOWN... near the borderline of the property owned by the fellow who owned the house that burned down and then moved away...

Um... I can't help but think that's a bit fishy.

We're waiting for some sort of word from LE. My dad knows the guy who found the cell and turned it in, so he's fully aware of everything - we're just interested in seeing if LE is actually going to do anything about this now.

Do you think that her ex would talk to you? I know you said her sons have made it clear they have no interest in the case anymore, and that's a shame. Maybe if your cousins won't talk, maybe her ex would... at least to find out about the DNA and how they made sure it was definitely her foot.

He won't talk to any one - he wasn't the most pleasant fellow before the divorce, so he's even less so now.

pearseha,

I just found and finished reading this thread. My heart goes out to you and your family. I also understand needing some time away, so please reply when you are up to it. I also understand your moral concerns. If I may suggest, follow your fathers lead. His sister is so near and dear to his heart, I will pray with your family for answers and closure.

I think and hope you can get info from the RMCP if you decide to pursue them, that is public record in Canada no?

I am also curious about the house fire. Was it ruled accidental? Arson? Is it still being investigated? the timing is highly suspicious.

As for the partial remains being found. I hate to suggest this and I don't know how to do so gently, but is it possible her foot may have been severed from her body if she had been on a trail travelled by snowmobilers? How much detail, and how thoroughly was that trail-area of the woods used by the snowmobiler searched? Was it ever searched again when the weather broke?

will be thinking of you and your family.
((((((((hugs))))))))))

The house fire is weird. No one knows what happened there, as no official report was made public.

And, yes, I do assume the foot was severed by a snowmobile, so the body really should still be close by, I should think... My dad continues to look, but we've had no luck.

New news!

My aunt's cell phone was found (I didn't even know she had one, nor did my folks). It was found IN A DIFFERENT TOWN... near the borderline of the property owned by the fellow who owned the house that burned down and then moved away...

We're waiting for some sort of word from LE. My dad knows the guy who found the cell and turned it in, so he's fully aware of everything - we're just interested in seeing if LE is actually going to do anything about this now.
That's awfully creepy - and I agree, definitely fishy. I'll be interested to see if LE takes any note of it.

I'm just finding this thread for the first time tonight, but my heart goes out to you, WhyADuck. Your aunt was fortunate to have someone who clearly cares so much about her.

Dear WhyaDuck,
I have been following your thread. This new information regarding your aunt's cellphone is very promising, in that at least, it provides a credible lead as to who may have been involved and that the rumors around town about the fellow whose house burned down may in fact be correct. I pray that you and your family receive closure. I am certain your aunt would be very proud of you for not giving up.

Hello WhyaDuck,

Firstly, I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt, and secondly, I congratulate you on not letting sleeping dogs lie. This is what it takes! You're someone who can make a difference by getting involved. You can always go down to the police station yourself, and talk to someone. It would be harder for them to dodge questions in a face to face meeting. I think it's important so you, yourself, are able eliminate fact from fiction. From the sincerity of your posts, it's obvious you have questions that only LE can answer.I'd read some of this thread prior to today, but today went through it all. This news about the cell phone is BIG! The question of course it who put the phone there. The phone should be tested for both prints and touch dna. Do you know who found the phone?

If the person who put it there was the same as the person whose house burned then he's really pretty stupid to have just tossed it over the property line at his current residence. The other option is that some other person planted the phone there to cast suspicion on the current resident who'd moved away after the fire. Again, that too would be pretty stupid, but not every criminal can be an Einstein. The fact that this phone turned up in a location where it shouldn't have been at all has homicide written all over it.

It could be that LE has an ongoing investigation, but put word out otherwise so as to get the perp to relax. IIRC, you once said, LE had closed their case on your aunt. If that's true, they now need to reopen it, and if they don't then someone needs to contact the DA's office pronto.

What ages are the sons of your aunt, and what do they do to earn a living, same for the ex-husband too.

You could call the fire department to find out if there was an arson investigation on the house that burned.

If you can, find out if your aunt was bombarded in life by one or both of her sons asking her for money. Greed is probably the numero uno reason someone in a family kills another member of the family. After that, its probably alcohol and anger combined.

But by all means, take your time, and don't overload yourself emotionally. Play nice with LE, and if they don't wanna answer your questions, go all teary eyed on them, and tell them how fond of your aunt you were. It'll be obvious to them you aren't play acting. They may open up more after that.

New news!

Hi Pear...I lived in Bedford at the time of your aunts disappearance and vaguely remember hearing/reading about it in the news.

Is it possible to contact the fire dept to see if they can answer some questions regarding the fire?

Also has the phone been checked to see who she called and who called her? Were there any text messages on it? I'd be interested in knowing that...maybe something there that could help.

I'm sorry about your aunt and if I still lived there (Bedford, only an hour drive away) would have been more than happy to help search.

Prayers to you and your family. I hope you can find the closure you and your family needs.

Maz

Was anything else ever discovered?
Did the family collect on any home owner's insurance after the house burned down?

thanks for bumping this parakeet

it's certainly suspicious where the cell phone was found

whyaduck - I hope that someday soon the truth will be discovered

the picture of your aunt reminds me so much of my grandma, who was also tall & thin & angular with dark hair and a fiery personality

Hi, whyaduck...I first stumbled across this today, and I've very sorry to hear about your aunt.

The only useful advice I can think of (and it may or may not be useful) is, since hunting season is upon us, to reach out to hunters in the area where your aunt's foot (sorry! that was hard to type!) and cell phone were found. Maybe send a press release/letter to local papers, and contact sporting good stores/hunting lodges/sportsmens' clubs/meat processors, etc., and also asking LE to also issue a press release to local papers. I live in a state where there is a lot of hunting, and I've seen articles this time of year asking hunters to be on the lookout for remains of missing persons.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt. You have my empathy for a very hard situation.

Hi all - No, there has been no new news at all, recently. My dad continues in his hope, and, yes, every new hunting season brings renewed hope that the rest of her remains will be found. I keep watching UID stories in the area. I hope my dad can have some answers some day soon.

Thanks for your interest, guys!

Dear Duck, I am so sorry to hear about your missing Aunt Florence Pearse. Has there been any updates?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back