Found Deceased Canada - Frank Young, 5, Last seen @ Playground, Red Earth Cree Nation, Saskatchewan, 19 April 2022

It's Father's Day. I look at my father and look at my husband (father to my children) and can't imagine how they would feel if their young son was missing. This should be at the top of the news! Where is young Frank??

Last edited:
It's Father's Day. I look at my father and look at my husband (father to my children) and can't imagine how they would feel if their young son was missing. This should be at the top of the news! Where is young Frank??
Speaking of, the local live CTV news just had a noon hour report. No new news, just going over the search and how forecasted rain will change the river levels for water searches. Many of us locals are thinking a tragic accident where Frank fell into water and his body will be recovered this year. Saskatchewan has over 100,000 lakes and the area Frank lives in is sparsely populated so searching is difficult.

It isn't a separate video yet, it'll show up tomorrow on the archives at Saskatoon News | Watch Local Breaking News

Whether we like it or not, the news cycle is exactly that, new news. Many different tragedies have replaced Frank's. It's incredibly sad but I don't see what more can be done to locate Frank. Sadly, his body may never be found. And today I read that the RCMP is suspending the search for Frank.

Updated June 21, 2022 1:24 pm rbbm.
By Kelly Skjerven
''Red Earth Cree Nation chief Fabian Head said the family of missing five-year-old Frank Young is still optimistic and hopeful their son will be found.''

''Head said the search is still being labeled as a rescue mission rather than a recovery mission at the request of family and that searchers from Red Earth Cree Nation and neighbouring community Shoal Lake Cree Nation continue to look for Young.

Head said some equipment used in searching efforts have begun to break down and are need in service.''

''In the last two weeks, Head said the search has primarily been focused on an upstream body of water locally known as “the Y.”

“This focus is a result of spiritual knowledge keepers (calling) for the area to be searched again,” Head said.

“The Y” is approximately five to eight kilometres downstream from the community.

So far, the search has covered approximately 92 square kilometres with 611 searchers.''

June 21 2022
1655856420176.png
''Following the spring thaw, volunteers from local First Nations will again focus on the Carrot River, in particular a junction of the river about five kilometres downstream from Red Earth known to locals as the "Y."

The Carrot River originates in Wakaw Lake and flows northeast through Red Earth Plains into the Saskatchewan River near The Pas, Man.

"There's a lot of log jams along the river and this is one of them," said Shoal Lake Cree Nation Chief Marcel Head.

"The knowledge keepers have always indicated that just by experience, these areas tend to catch any types of debris or items that float along the river, and that's where they wanted the search team to try and concentrate on."

I truly hope that the spring thaw will lead to the recovery of this little boy, even though it will be a tragic end!

I have to wonder though, is there a point where they will have to consider whether this little boy might have been abducted?

Read this today. Would it have helped Frank?

Personally, I think not. Word traveled fast via MSM and social media. Missing kids under 10 are rare occurrences here and make headlines, regardless of race. Without a vehicle description it's like looking for a needle in a haystack (well, it is even with a vehicle description in such a remote area, but at least they know what kind of needle to look for).

condolences-in-spanish.jpg

Fabian Head says in a Facebook post that Frank’s remains were found Saturday in the water at the First Nation.

He was found in the water? I hope they tested to see if he drowned or was gone before he hit the water. So many questions still about this sweet boy.

I don't have any suspicions about his loving family---just concerns about the situation in general.

He was found in the water? I hope they tested to see if he drowned or was gone before he hit the water. So many questions still about this sweet boy.

I don't have any suspicions about his loving family---just concerns about the situation in general.

Early reports appear to indicate an unfortunate accidental drowning, near water young children can just disappear in the blink of an eye, sadly. Sincere condolences to Frank’s family and all who loved him, at least the search has finally ended.

“Police and the chief of Red Earth Cree Nation have confirmed that the body of five-year-old Frank Young was found on Saturday near the area from which he was originally reported missing…

……”At this time, there is no indication of suspicious circumstances," the RCMP said in a media release on Sunday.

"But as he was just located, further investigative steps will be taken, including working in partnership with the Saskatchewan Coroners Service and an autopsy will take place”.

Officers received a report at about 7:06 p.m. on Saturday that Frank had been located deceased in the river on Red Earth Cree Nation, according to the RCMP…..”

Last edited:
I think most of us knew Frank would be found in the water. It's human nature for families to wonder if his death was due to foul play. Mainly I believe it's a safey mechanism that gives them some reassurance that they were not responsible for his disappearance.

The reality is that young children always seem to have a fascination with things that can be so incredibly dangerous. And when bad things happen it's hard to reconcile that fact. I think the fascination comes from seemingly benign things when viewed as every day items.

Little kids take baths, they see their moms turn on the tap to wash the dishes or to boil spaghetti, so when they see water outside; ponds full of fish, flotsam caught on branches over a river, rushing by making lots of noise they are drawn to it, without being able to parse whether in this iteration water can be deadly. The same can be said of fire. Little kids sit around campfires roasting marshmallows or see their dads burning leaves and don't associate themselves lighting matches under the sheets as grave danger.

I feel sad that Frank is gone and hope he died swiftly and without pain. Little kids don't understand death, at that age they are like a deer who has no prescience in regards to running across a busy highway means death.

This case reminds me of Dylan Ehler who went missing from his grandmother's back yard in May of 2020. Her backyard borders a brook, a bit of a misnomer if you ask me, since it feeds into the Bay of Fundy which has the highest tides in the world. In May, the 'brook' was very high with spring runoff. The search and rescue team recreated the disappearance using a mannequin the same size and weight of Dylan and they believe his body was washed out to the bay. No closure for those parents.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back