Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was specifically reported by a verified insider early on that Genna DID NOT have her passport with her. It was at home.

Wonder what that was all about? Just some miscommunication?

I noticed this discrepancy as well and wonder if it was a misunderstanding resulting from a very emotional/stressful time? Genn was going downtown and would have needed ID on her and it was said by her sister I believe early on that Genn used her pasport as ID. IT makes sense that she would have had it.

I consider it honor to be quoted – your replay are always great, and you do so much work!

Thanks for info about just how dangerous the water is! Appears if a person falls in they are in trouble.

I wonder if this kind of danger could cause a deranged mind to become fascinated with the thought of a woman being taken by the water... be interesting to know what a behavioral expert would say...
Absolutely. If a person somehow manages to fall in that water they know they are going to be lucky to come out alive.

Even if you are new to the city, you soon catch on. The long standing residents respect the danger, and never joke about it.

It would be interesting to hear what a behavioral expert would have to say about your theory.

Definitely a deranged mind; but I'd be curious to know if they would suspect someone with more than an everyday knowledge of the tides.

If anything I would say that Saint John High would be considered the 'better' of the four schools. They have a program for academically gifted students whereby the students can complete their coursework toward credits in university. Two of the schools are in the uptown area (Saint John High and St Malachy's), one is North/West (Harbourview) and one is East (Simonds). From my knowledge (professionally speaking) of drug use and mental health issues, I would certainly not say that Saint John High had any more problems than the other schools, probably less.

Neither Gavin nor Genevieve seemed (from what little information we know) like they were struggling with severe addiction/mental health issues. Gavin was into sports and theatre and had just attended and done well at a swim meet. Genn had a close family/friend support system and was looking forward to a job interview the day after she went missing. Suicide or alcohol/drug use leading to an accident does not seem plausible IMHO.

Whether or not Gavin/Genevieve's cases are related, I hope that the city realizes that something is going on,
Thank you, Jan!

Regarding the bolded by me, I second that. Big hugs of support to everyone.

It was specifically reported by a verified insider early on that Genna DID NOT have her passport with her. It was at home.

Wonder what that was all about? Just some miscommunication?

I noticed this discrepancy as well and wonder if it was a misunderstanding resulting from a very emotional/stressful time? Genn was going downtown and would have needed ID on her and it was said by her sister I believe early on that Genn used her pasport as ID. IT makes sense that she would have had it.
I agree.

FYI - If you want to quote a post, just click on the button that says "Quote," that appears at the bottom right of every comment when you are signed in.

That should make it appear in the comment box and you can type in your comment right underneath it. :)

Truth Prevails and respectfully snipped said:
We have, Genevieve--wanting to get home to do some laundry; catch a nap; grab something to eat; and maybe squeeze some time in with her friend. Anticipating a job interview in the morning.

We have, Yeonhee--going where at 6:00 am in the morning? Nicely dressed with tights, high black leather boots, and a black jacket--maybe carrying a backpack. Maybe they want us to believe she was depressed and going nowhere to make the suicide scenario fit; but maybe in actuality she had a destination in mind. Maybe her prescription medication was working and she was feeling better. Maybe she was looking forward to the day her daughter had her college diploma in her hand; and the day she would hold her daughter's daughter in her arms.

There is nothing that would make be believe that these vibrant, young women would deviate from their safe and well known path; and head towards an area that they would have absolutely known was dangerous.

The way you wrote that really makes the improbability :waitasec::waitasec: of what happened to them stand out.

Here a case I followed in an area my wife I used to take summer day trips to:

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2013/02/lambertville_womans_death_prom.html

In this case, it was possible that Sarah Majoras may have been walking too near the canal... In the aftermath of her death, there was allot of concern about imporving safety, adding railings, lights at night, etc.. Now how much of that really got done I don't know, but at least there was allot of talk about safety and not walking alone...

Posted on Gavin's thread but thought I'd post here as well.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...udent-death-prompts-crisis-response-1.2468698

The connection to Saint John High has been made at least. There are four high schools in Saint John and for three (article didn't mention Shelby) students to end up deceased in a little over a year???????

It really bothers me that the police are so quick to say 'foul play is not suspected;. How do they know this before an investigation. Even if they believe that Gavin fell and froze to death, how would they ever know if he fell because someone pushed him or otherwise caused him to fall???

The video in this link shows LE with Gavin :( but what I noticed is there is an embankment there. Does anyone know what traffic uses the overpass above? Trains or automobiles? I wonder if it would be a shortcut for Gavin to use that overpass and come down the embankment or walk further down where it's not so steep. Could that be what happened? Did he do it many times in the past and had no problem descending but with the snow there that night, did he slip and hit his head? Or was he walking along the overpass and was hit be a train or vehicle? If Gavin was like most teenagers, they don't wear boots in the winter, they wear their sneakers and there is no tread to prevent them from slipping. Sometimes even with boots, depending on the conditions, one can still slip. Hopefully a detailed report will be made public to explain what happened. Maybe Gavin's demise is fluke but I really have to wonder about the women. It was said in the video also that area was where Gavin was last seen. I would like to know exactly where he was last seen; on the embankment or crossing the road...?? Was it that exact location where he was found which prompted searchers to poke around in that area?

BTW more great information from the fabulous Truth! You're really doing a great job sleuthing, providing maps, known information about the area, facts and theories Truth. It's very helpful to get the full picture to put everything into perspective. Thanks everyone for keeping this case going and not letting it die. Hard work pays off. :loveyou:

PS Truth, yes I did mean Kimberly A. But would like to know who are the other missing women whose cases have not been solved and in 32 years!? Kim's was along time ago but how long ago where the others? Last few years??

MOO.

The video in this link shows LE with Gavin :( but what I noticed is there is an embankment there. Does anyone know what traffic uses the overpass above? Trains or automobiles? I wonder if it would be a shortcut for Gavin to use that overpass and come down the embankment or walk further down where it's not so steep. Could that be what happened? Did he do it many times in the past and had no problem descending but with the snow there that night, did he slip and hit his head? Or was he walking along the overpass and was hit be a train or vehicle? If Gavin was like most teenagers, they don't wear boots in the winter, they wear their sneakers and there is no tread to prevent them from slipping. Sometimes even with boots, depending on the conditions, one can still slip. Hopefully a detailed report will be made public to explain what happened.

MOO.

I believe this is an automobile overpass and if it is where I think it is the embankment is not overly steep. But it is difficult from the limited view in the video to tell exactly where it is and I am not that familiar with North/West Saint John.

I just can't stop wondering why LE are so quick to say 'no foul play is suspected'. With Shelby and Yeonhee this was sad very soon after the bodies were identified. With Genn it was said within a day or two and with Gavin within hours. Are LE really dismissing all these deaths as accidents and/or suicides this easily or are they saying no foul play is suspected so as to not cause panic??? Doesn't that city deserve to know the truth? Don't the families deserve to have their loved ones deaths looked into in a thorough manner???:banghead:

Originally Posted by Truth Prevails and respectfully snipped
We have, Genevieve--wanting to get home to do some laundry; catch a nap; grab something to eat; and maybe squeeze some time in with her friend. Anticipating a job interview in the morning.

We have, Yeonhee--going where at 6:00 am in the morning? Nicely dressed with tights, high black leather boots, and a black jacket--maybe carrying a backpack. Maybe they want us to believe she was depressed and going nowhere to make the suicide scenario fit; but maybe in actuality she had a destination in mind. Maybe her prescription medication was working and she was feeling better. Maybe she was looking forward to the day her daughter had her college diploma in her hand; and the day she would hold her daughter's daughter in her arms.

There is nothing that would make be believe that these vibrant, young women would deviate from their safe and well known path; and head towards an area that they would have absolutely known was dangerous.
The way you wrote that really makes the improbability :waitasec::waitasec: of what happened to them stand out.

Thank you, Steve!

I regret not adding a little bit about Shelby, so I'll take this opportunity to add something below--just briefly.

If her now four year old son stands before them as a troubled young man someday, and they judge him--will that right be justified?

If no one else, I think they owe him answers, but what will he have when he starts to search. :(

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2013/02/lambertville_womans_death_prom.html

In this case, it was possible that Sarah Majoras may have been walking too near the canal... In the aftermath of her death, there was allot of concern about imporving safety, adding railings, lights at night, etc.. Now how much of that really got done I don't know, but at least there was allot of talk about safety and not walking alone...

O/T - Just to update you on the progress of lighting the towpath...JU posted back in September on the Light the Path FB site that he no longer has the time to fight for this cause. Life gets in the way. He did such a GREAT job helping to find SM and fighting for a safer towpath.

https://www.facebook.com/lightthetowpath

Thank you for posting this. Below is one of the photos from your link.

It depicts everything that the area where Genevieve and Yeonhee were walking was NOT.

29oijy1.jpg

On the picture below, I used the red dots to mark the approximate area of where the path exists. The picture is taken from the water looking up, but the land itself flattens out in areas, like small plateaus.

1.) The terrain is not straight down.
2.) It's not that close to the water.
3.) There are bushes and even windswept trees to break your fall.

2yyqpza.jpg

BTW ~ Specifically relating to your link--I hope they go with a guard rail of some sort. It is so picturesque, but a little something there as a barrier between a person on foot and the water would be good.

The video in this link shows LE with Gavin :( but what I noticed is there is an embankment there. Does anyone know what traffic uses the overpass above? Trains or automobiles? I wonder if it would be a shortcut for Gavin to use that overpass and come down the embankment or walk further down where it's not so steep. Could that be what happened? Did he do it many times in the past and had no problem descending but with the snow there that night, did he slip and hit his head? Or was he walking along the overpass and was hit be a train or vehicle? If Gavin was like most teenagers, they don't wear boots in the winter, they wear their sneakers and there is no tread to prevent them from slipping. Sometimes even with boots, depending on the conditions, one can still slip. Hopefully a detailed report will be made public to explain what happened. Maybe Gavin's demise is fluke but I really have to wonder about the women. It was said in the video also that area was where Gavin was last seen. I would like to know exactly where he was last seen; on the embankment or crossing the road...?? Was it that exact location where he was found which prompted searchers to poke around in that area?

BTW more great information from the fabulous Truth! You're really doing a great job sleuthing, providing maps, known information about the area, facts and theories Truth. It's very helpful to get the full picture to put everything into perspective. Thanks everyone for keeping this case going and not letting it die. Hard work pays off. :loveyou:

PS Truth, yes I did mean Kimberly A. But would like to know who are the other missing women whose cases have not been solved and in 32 years!? Kim's was along time ago but how long ago where the others? Last few years??

MOO.
Drats, I can't watch CBC videos, but I went over to Gavin's thread to borrow a screen shot from a Google map that I had posted there.

Sandpiper might be along to get this cleared up for us. :)

Directly below this sentence is a link that will show some of our conversation on Gavin's thread, the snap back should take you to the rest of it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Canada - Gavin Adams, 17, Saint John New Brunswick, 14 December 2013

I believe the picture below is the train crossing.

vq5vf8.jpg

If you zoom in on this map: http://goo.gl/maps/l7cYZ, you can see the gray line depicting the train tracks.

This picture below is a screen shot of the area from Google maps. From the link above, if you go into street view under Marker "C," you can get a very good view of the area by just turning the wheel about a quarter turn to the right. From my previous conversations, I believe he was found just behind where the bus is parked.

puq9l.jpg

It's definitely discouraged for people to walk the tracks, but I know people don't always listen.

There would have been minimal snow on Saturday night, but I suppose he could have slipped.

I once slipped and fell--hitting the back of my head so hard that it knocked my glasses clear off my face. I didn't die. I got up and went on.

Supposing he had his cell phone with him, if he had fallen and broken a leg or something there must have been someone he could have reached.

I don't find the idea of him falling and it immediately causing death highly probably.

Trains know when they hit people. They come to a screeching stop, and there is a big investigation. They wouldn't keep that hid--especially as a "no foul play."

Neither would a hit and run traffic accident. They would be scouring the city for who hit Gavin, and most likely asking for the help of the public.

There is a lot of vehicle traffic on the streets in that area. Someone should have seen something.

I hope you don't hold your breath waiting for a detailed report. Just some words of wisdom, there.

I think I understand what you are getting at about the other unsolved missing person's cases, but I don't have an answer for you. I did do some quick Googling but I was unsuccessful.

There could be at least one older than Kimberly's; and maybe one more recent. It's interesting that they mentioned no names in that little blurb.

Kimberly, for one, is not missing--as in alive and missing--and they know it. imo

O/T - Just to update you on the progress of lighting the towpath...JU posted back in September on the Light the Path FB site that he no longer has the time to fight for this cause. Life gets in the way. He did such a GREAT job helping to find SM and fighting for a safer towpath.

https://www.facebook.com/lightthetowpath

Thanks for this info! There was allot of local interest in the SM case and pressure put on the investigation. Can you imagine what the response would have been if three women had become lost to the canal?!!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203823&highlight=Sarah+Majoras

ETA: From the above Investigators do not suspect foul play, but details about how Majoras ended in the water are not known.
Sound familiar?
ETA: OT - the canal is nothing like the rough waters here... Wife and I took the barge ride down it during the summer, and cannot imagine falling into it and not getting back out.. strange too, when SM fell in, there was ice along the edges and IIRC she would have had to have rolled/slid to the middle to go in, but memory fading on that case.. Oh, there were only two people to have died in the canal, SM, and a man a couple of years before(?) - SM and that man were connected.... so all sorts of theories.. But then, while locals say the town is really safe, no way would I want to be out along there at hour - and on a winter's night, it would have been spooky!

Drats, I can't watch CBC videos, but I went over to Gavin's thread to borrow a screen shot from a Google map that I had posted there.

Directly below this sentence is a link that will show some of our conversation on Gavin's thread, the snap back should take you to the rest of it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Canada - Gavin Adams, 17, Saint John New Brunswick, 14 December 2013

vq5vf8.jpg

If you zoom in on this map: http://goo.gl/maps/l7cYZ, you can see the gray line depicting the train tracks.

This picture below is a screen shot of the area from Google maps. From the link above, if you go into street view under Marker "C," you can get a very good view of the area by just turning the wheel about a quarter turn to the right. From my previous conversations, I believe he was found just behind where the bus is parked.

puq9l.jpg

It's definitely discouraged for people to walk the tracks, but I know people don't always listen.

There would have been minimal snow on Saturday night, but I suppose he could have slipped.

I once slipped and fell--hitting the back of my head so hard that it knocked my glasses clear off my face. I didn't die. I got up and went on.

Supposing he had his cell phone with him, if he had fallen and broken a leg or something there must have been someone he could have reached.

I don't find the idea of him falling and it immediately causing death highly probably.

Trains know when they hit people. They come to a screeching stop, and there is a big investigation. They wouldn't keep that hid--especially as a "no foul play."

Neither would a hit and run traffic accident. They would be scouring the city for who hit Gavin, and most likely asking for the help of the public.

There is a lot of vehicle traffic on the streets in that area. Someone should have seen something.

I hope you don't hold your breath waiting for a detailed report. Just some words of wisdom, there.

I think I understand what you are getting at about the other unsolved missing person's cases, but I don't have an answer for you. I did do some quick Googling but I was unsuccessful.

There could be at least one older than Kimberly's; and maybe one more recent. It's interesting that they mentioned no names in that little blurb.

Kimberly, for one, is not missing--as in alive and missing--and they know it. imo

It's a train bridge that spans Chesley Dr. Gavin and his friend parted ways near the corner of Chesley Dr and Hilyard St. Can't see Gavin using the tracks as a short cut to say return home,it would take him far out of his way, Harbour Passage would be the more logical route. In the CBC video you see a white cloth being placed over Gavin,this is about half way along the side of the embankment,pretty much at the back of the bus in your second picture. It is very dark at the back of that lot. No buses now so not much use at night. He could be there in the dark and no one would see him unless you were really looking in that direction. If you were heading west coming under the overpass you wouldn't notice him at all. This justs breaks my heart.

vq5vf8.jpg

puq9l.jpg

Here's another link in which you may be able to watch the video, hth Truth.

2nd Saint John High Student Death Prompts Crisis Response - Video Dailymotion

I made a quick list of missing people in NB. I haven't had time to search to all see if any of them have been solved though, sorry. I have with the women and most of the males. It may be a start.

5 teens missing in Moncton areaJanuary 24, 2013.
All of the teens, aged 14 to 17, left a youth residence without permission
Tyler Noel, 15, Kingsley Matthews, 16, and Travis Timothy Prosser, 17, all left the residence without permission over the past two weeks. They may not necessarily be together

She has been found! :)
The RCMP issued a statement on Thursday afternoon about the disappearance of Kiana Patles, who left a youth residence in Dieppe. She was last seen in the Dover Road area on Jan. 22, according to the RCMP.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/5-teens-missing-in-moncton-area-1.1315923

Missing sorted by gender and dates
Michelle Wedge, 7, July 2, 1975
Bonnie Thomas(nee Cooper), 17 March 1978
Kimberly Ann Amero, 15, September 3rd, 1985
Stephanie Cyr, June 5th 1998
Martha Kelly, 73, June 8, 2012
Alanna Greene, 29, September 16, 2012

Douglas Babineau, 31,November 1988
Vincent Allen Greene, August 16, 1989
Sonore Comeau, 51, February 1, 1991
RANDY BOUDREAU ISAAC, 2004
Thomas Robert KELEHER, November 7th, 2007
Jean-Eudes Legere, 79, Nov. 14, 2008
Gregory David Wry, February 21, 2010
FRED BYRAM, OCT 2010
Michael Andrew Blakney, 43, Aug. 2010
Scott Taylor, 23, Dec. 2, 2011
Lionel Daigle- 58yr old 04/03/2011
Christopher Metallic, Nov. 25th, 2012
Roméo Cloutier, September 13, 2012
Todd BENT Lepreau, October 6th 2013
Timothy Prosser and Tyler Noel
James Austen MacKey, 58
Jacques DUGUAY

I'm sure there are more, just don't have the time right now. My point was trying to find which women they were referring; four women in 32 years. MOO.

It's a train bridge that spans Chesley Dr. Gavin and his friend parted ways near the corner of Chesley Dr and Hilyard St. Can't see Gavin using the tracks as a short cut to say return home,it would take him far out of his way, Harbour Passage would be the more logical route. In the CBC video you see a white cloth being placed over Gavin,this is about half way along the side of the embankment,pretty much at the back of the bus in your second picture. It is very dark at the back of that lot. No buses now so not much use at night. He could be there in the dark and no one would see him unless you were really looking in that direction. If you were heading west coming under the overpass you wouldn't notice him at all. This justs breaks my heart.

Thank you for the important information SP :seeya: Maybe he was walking in the lot on his way home and was hit by a car. Hit and run. :( Very strange and sad. Nefarious or accidental it would be a relief to have solid answers. MOO.

I believe this is an automobile overpass and if it is where I think it is the embankment is not overly steep. But it is difficult from the limited view in the video to tell exactly where it is and I am not that familiar with North/West Saint John.

I just can't stop wondering why LE are so quick to say 'no foul play is suspected'. With Shelby and Yeonhee this was sad very soon after the bodies were identified. With Genn it was said within a day or two and with Gavin within hours. Are LE really dismissing all these deaths as accidents and/or suicides this easily or are they saying no foul play is suspected so as to not cause panic??? Doesn't that city deserve to know the truth? Don't the families deserve to have their loved ones deaths looked into in a thorough manner???:banghead:
BBM - I agree with every word of this paragraph.

I feel that we are being fed a standard line, parroted until it has become quite offensive.

I don't know exactly how to take it. I can't see how the families are accepting this.

Trying to avoid panic is one thing; but going about it in this manner is insulting our intelligence.

imo

Thanks for this info! There was allot of local interest in the SM case and pressure put on the investigation. Can you imagine what the response would have been if three women had become lost to the canal?!!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203823&highlight=Sarah+Majoras

ETA: From the above Investigators do not suspect foul play, but details about how Majoras ended in the water are not known.
Sound familiar?
ETA: OT - the canal is nothing like the rough waters here... Wife and I took the barge ride down it during the summer, and cannot imagine falling into it and not getting back out.. strange too, when SM fell in, there was ice along the edges and IIRC she would have had to have rolled/slid to the middle to go in, but memory fading on that case.. Oh, there were only two people to have died in the canal, SM, and a man a couple of years before(?) - SM and that man were connected.... so all sorts of theories.. But then, while locals say the town is really safe, no way would I want to be out along there at hour - and on a winter's night, it would have been spooky!
I grabbed a few minutes to look over this case a bit; and the other one that happened in 2000. I didn't get all the details straightened out, but how interesting!

I noticed that they found one of SM's boots floating in the water. Imagine if that calm water could take off a boot; what would rapids and high tides strip from a deceased being--in possibly a month as opposed to a few day.

I can't understand why they can't tell more at autopsy--this really surprises me.

Yep, the words sound all too familiar.

Imagine what would have happened in that nice area that the locals consider safe, if the bodies would have been found within six months of each other; and then another one six months after that.

With poor Gen "no foul play suspected" was spouted before they even had any idea what had become of her, whether she had runaway or been abducted. In Gavins case perhaps you could see it if there were no visable marks or injuries on the body. I mean they did have a body in much better shape than Shelbys,Yeonhee or Gen. Still it is insulting and in the case of three young people missing from one highschool offers no comfort.

Thank you, Sandpiper.

This is an appalling occurrence, it really is.

The time of year is not making this any easier, either.

Bless this child, but I can't help finding even the location suspicious.

Of all the well lit and busy places in the area, he turns up behind one of the few dark ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back