Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

so in less than a year, we have 3 women who have apparently all taken there own lives in the same area. Does this sound right?

I don't have many details on Shelby's disappearance, but Gen & Yeonshee were both alone (or that is what was reported) when they were seen last. Gen walking home and Yeonshee at home 6am.
Yeonshee and Gen were both missing from what looks like blocks away from each other. As I mentioned in my earlier posts, the only connection I see is that they all went missing near bridges, and sadly bridges are IMO suicide locations.

May all three beautiful ladies Rest in Peace.

I think I am putting this one down, unless anyone has any new directions to follow...

BBM - I cannot find any MSM stating cause of death, I believe at this point we do not know...

So sad, such a beautiful young life!

That is very worrisome about these three cases. I am wondering if any of these girls left any kind of suicide note? Out of the three of them, you would think at least one would have left behind something maybe a note on their phone?

The girl that went missing in Miramachi, NB was found. The girl missing in New Hampshire is still missing.

BBM - I cannot find any MSM stating cause of death, I believe at this point we do not know...

So sad, such a beautiful young life!

BBM - my apologies OldSteve and to Genna's family, we do not 100% have MSM stating cause of death.
I am assuming suicide, based on what is being said in MSM & social media.

When someone is missing and then found deceased, and police report "no foul play" what does this leave? Accident, suicide, ?

I believe both Shelby & Yeonshee's deaths have been ruled "no foul play"
http://country94news.blogspot.ca/search?q=Shelby+Williams
http://globalnews.ca/news/714271/saint-john-police-identify-body-of-missing-woman-yeonhee-choi/

BBM - my apologies OldSteve and to Genna's family, we do not 100% have MSM stating cause of death.
I am assuming suicide, based on what is being said in MSM & social media.

When someone is missing and then found deceased, and police report "no foul play" what does this leave? Accident, suicide, ?

I believe both Shelby & Yeonshee's deaths have been ruled "no foul play"
http://country94news.blogspot.ca/search?q=Shelby+Williams
http://globalnews.ca/news/714271/saint-john-police-identify-body-of-missing-woman-yeonhee-choi/

I missed the "no foul play" so my turn to apologize...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ected-in-death-of-genevieve-cormier-1.2355421

Seems most strange...

:banghead: I can 'tap to retry' all night long...ain't happening. The video has been blocked in 'my' country, I presume...copyright laws. Phooey.

I imagine it a beautiful tribute to Gen.

Bumping my angst...
'This video contains content from WMG. The Harry Fox Agency, Inc. (HFA) and CD Baby, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Tap to retry'
Try as I may...negative. Over and over again.
All I had to do was log on my PC to view it...silly me!

The video tribute is amazing!

Gen was beautiful. She was young, alive, and free.
I'm happy to have known of her...thought, prayed, and longed for her safe homecoming. She is more young, more alive, more free now than ever. You still move my heart, honey. Pray for us.

Should upcoming results prove my thinking...I'll linger here for justice. For you, Gen.

I too believe in Gen and do not believe she self harmed. We have two women who have gone missing in this city before Gen. One Shelley Dawn Williams missing Sept 22/12 found Oct. 13/12 at Long Wharf. The other was Yeonhee Choi missing Apr.22/13 found June 2013 also at Long Wharf.No foul play.This is something just a bit interesting Yeonhee also lived on the west side and liked to walk on the same path Gen did. I feel something is going on in this city.It scares me to death.

I might add, cuz I'm feelin sappy :blushing:
BBM - Fear is an awful thing.
It is my hope the good people of St. John...the good people across the world... especially the young...of course play caution to the wind...yet, live freely. Walk, run, work, play...'Be NOT Afraid'!
We surely must not let fear (esp. of perps) rule our lives.
Lest they win. We lose. By fear alone.

Suicide is more unusual in women than it is in men. Therefore, it's strange that if an epidemic of suicides is happening in Saint John, that only young, slim, attractive females seem to be affected. If it was an "accidental death" epidemic, you'd also expect males to be much more affected than females, since they are less careful.

I agree that something is going on here. The police probably don't want to alarm people by admitting it. Then they'd be under pressure to come up with answers.

The truth is that these three women were found a long time after they'd died. It's not possible to determine some causes of death after that time, or to see if they'd been sexually assaulted or injured (unless bones were broken). Immersing bodies in running water also tends to wash away all DNA evidence.

Perhaps they were assaulted and quickly thrown off a bridge? The cold water shock would quickly drown someone.

I'm sorry to be speculating about unpleasant things :(

Suicide is more unusual in women than it is in men. Therefore, it's strange that if an epidemic of suicides is happening in Saint John, that only young, slim, attractive females seem to be affected. If it was an "accidental death" epidemic, you'd also expect males to be much more affected than females, since they are less careful.

I agree that something is going on here. The police probably don't want to alarm people by admitting it. Then they'd be under pressure to come up with answers.

The truth is that these three women were found a long time after they'd died. It's not possible to determine some causes of death after that time, or to see if they'd been sexually assaulted or injured (unless bones were broken). Immersing bodies in running water also tends to wash away all DNA evidence.

Perhaps they were assaulted and quickly thrown off a bridge? The cold water shock would quickly drown someone.

I think your speculation is spot-on, and I just cannot see Gen suddenly on her walk home deciding to end it all - and by how? Jumping into water, no note to family?
This does not add-up, and even more so considering the finding of other women.

I think it is odd to say the least... Does anyone know (or does it even exist) of a link that would detail all the deceased in St. JOhn that were found in the water?

I am wondering if there are more suicides or other than we know about, because it is possible that others were not reported missing and had active searches for them in MSM, social media, etc.

It was reported in MSM that;
Yeonshee was depressed and was on medication for her depression.
Shelby had suffered a miscarraige in August 2012 (a month before she went missing) she was also a past drug user.

With this information in mind, does suicide seem a bit more likely?

This is a difficult topic, and I am trying to mindful and respectful to the beautiful women who are gone, and their families, but I am also trying to "keep it simple" and search out possibilities if there are any, other than suicide.

if you do some googling of suicides in St. John you will see that Reversing Falls Bridge has been the spot of many, there was a rescue earlier this year of a women trying to jump.

I had the honor of attending Gens funeral service today. Our Lady of Assumption Church was packed. Everyone showing both love and respect for Gen and her wonderful family. The service was beautiful,hopeful and inspiring.Msgr. Sheehan told a story about Gen showing her early understanding of love and care for other people. When Gen was two or three yrs old her grandfather came home from a long shift,he looked tired.This small child noted this and understood. She took his hand and led him to lay down in bed,then she took the pacifer from her mouth and put it in his,she always thought of others before herself.This city has lost a bright and beaufiful spirit,and somehow she touched us all. RIP

I had the honor of attending Gens funeral service today. Our Lady of Assumption Church was packed. Everyone showing both love and respect for Gen and her wonderful family. The service was beautiful,hopeful and inspiring.Msgr. Sheehan told a story about Gen showing her early understanding of love and care for other people. When Gen was two or three yrs old her grandfather came home from a long shift,he looked tired.This small child noted this and understood. She took his hand and led him to lay down in bed,then she took the pacifer from her mouth and put it in his,she always thought of others before herself.This city has lost a bright and beaufiful spirit,and somehow she touched us all. RIP

Thank you so much for sharing, Sandpiper. Since most of us couldn't be there it is wonderful to hear a first hand account.

What a lovely story about Gen and her grandfather.

It was reported in MSM that;
Yeonshee was depressed and was on medication for her depression.
Shelby had suffered a miscarraige in August 2012 (a month before she went missing) she was also a past drug user.

With this information in mind, does suicide seem a bit more likely?

This is a difficult topic, and I am trying to mindful and respectful to the beautiful women who are gone, and their families, but I am also trying to "keep it simple" and search out possibilities if there are any, other than suicide.

It does seem more of a possibility.

But depression, drug problems and miscarriage, as distressing as they are, are very common problems, and most sufferers don't go on to commit suicide. Sometimes I feel that the media and the authorities use mental health problems as an excuse when they don't have answers. I think this is happening in the case of another pretty Canadian girl who was found in water, Elisa Lam.

I have quietly followed this thread for some time, and I would just like to say that I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of Gen.

Such a beautiful, caring and vulnerable young lady. May she rest in peace knowing that all who love her will hold her close in their hearts forever.

:rose:

Thanks to a fellow sleuther for sending me the correct name, Shelby Dawn Williams, I was able to find her information and place her last known location and where she was found on the map.

Shelby & Yeonshee were found in the same place, is that weird, or because of current in the water?
Yeonshee was found June 24, 2013 near Long Warf
Shelby was found Oct 13, 2012 near Long Warf

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z88SNeFUr_v8.kBv0MT5KhhHk

BBM - Thank you so much for doing this map!

I have reduced it to get all six locations to show, and the markers for the final locations of the first two girls are nearly on top of each other; but a picture paints a thousand shocking words.

2a8kggi.jpg

An interesting thing I noted was that Shelby Dawn Williams was last seen around midnight on Saturday, September 22, 2012; and Yeonhee Choi was last seen on the morning of April 22, 2013.

Genevieve was last seen September 29, 2013.

So, about every six months; with the possible first one occurring nearly a year to the date of Genn's disappearance.

I also noted that Sgt. Jay Henderson has handled all these cases.

It's possible the currents could be responsible, but the point of entry would had to have been close.

BBM - Thank you so much for doing this map!

I have reduced it to get all six locations to show, and the markers for the final locations of the first two girls are nearly on top of each other; but a picture paints a thousand shocking words.

2a8kggi.jpg

An interesting thing I noted was that Shelby Dawn Williams was last seen around midnight on Saturday, September 22, 2012; and Yeonhee Choi was last seen on the morning of April 22, 2013.

Genevieve was last seen September 29, 2013.

So, about every six months; with the possible first one occurring nearly a year to the date of Genn's disappearance.

I also noted that Sgt. Jay Henderson has handled all these cases.

It's possible the currents could be responsible, but the point of entry would had to have been close.

Wow! Interesting observations, Truth Prevails!

JMO

maybe email it to the sgt. in case he hasn't seen it like this. Sometimes you are so close to cases you may not see the forest

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back