Canada - Greg Stewart for student sex abuse, London, Ont, 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Valleyboy, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Valleyboy

Valleyboy Grumpy Old Man..

London Ontario, Canada.

RSO beaten in jail.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011/03/25/17754706.html

:woohoo: Just one day into his sentence, award-winning London teacher Greg Stewart got a taste of the loathing society - especially jail houses - has for sex offenders.

Stewart was beaten so badly by another prisoner at Elgin-Middlesex Detention Centre he was taken to hospital with suspected broken orbital bone.

It was the second beating Stewart endured; the first was in the London courthouse cells while waiting to appear for an alleged sexual assault of a pupil, a year before he was convicted and sentenced to six months.

Stewart was beaten the second time despite a judge's order he be kept in protective custody.

For some, it's justice served; for others, especially sex offender experts and police, it's one of the key reasons why the public doesn't have access to sex offender registries in Canada. :floorlaugh:

2. Loading...

3. stilettos

stilettos Former Member

I cannot say that I feel sorry for this man...while I really wish no one harm...I cannot for the life of me summon empathy for one who has filled a young life with terror and trauma.

4. reen

reen New Member

OOOF! Hahahaha...sorry, man, leave the kids alone!

His lawyer said at the time of his sentencing that she was worried about him being in jail...well, she gets points for clairvoyance!

ETA: The link didn't work for me, I think this one is it. Following the story is an interesting discussion of SO registries, and whether or not they should be available to the public:

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011/03/25/17754706.html

And...we're supposed to get public notifications when an RSO moves into our community/neighborhood? I've never once received such an alert and I've lived in many cities around the US. How do they supposedly notify people? ESP?

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Active Member

Darn. :innocent:

6. Suthrnqt

Suthrnqt Verified Luddite

How does that old Pink Floyd song go.............

Hey Teacher, Leave Them Kids Alone !!!
    :floorlaugh:

7. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ New Member

I'm going to mentally file this in my " things that make me smile" catagory ;)

8. LadyL

LadyL New Member

well, I don't really care what happens to predators/perverts ... however, the fact that other prisoners, many of whom are in for horrible, disgusting crimes themselves, think they are somehow superior to him makes me cringe

these other prisoners are people who have raped women, beat children, and murdered elderly persons etc. but because they aren't convicted of molesting a child, they think they're better and they think they have the right to judge, condemn, and punish another prisoner

they're hypocrites IMO

oh and while I'm on the subject, there are guards in there who like to beat the dickens out of prisoners too ... and those guards don't care whether you're an 18 year-old with no former record of any kind who hasn't even been convicted yet who is supposed to be under protective custody and whose crime does not involve rape or murder or anything like that

yeah, I know a little too much about that particular detention center ...

having said all that (sorry, ranting), I wouldn't be adverse to the family having a go at him in a back alley

that would be justice IMO ...