GUILTY Canada - Guang Hua Liu, 41, found dismembered in Toronto area, 10 Aug 2012

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by dotr, Aug 16, 2012.

1. pugmom

pugmom Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if business wasn't going very well since the opening of the legitimate massage/holistic place...I'm guessing it wouldn't take in as much money as the other type of massage parlour. Maybe she owed someone money and couldn't pay up as fast as they would like?

2. AudreyRose

AudreyRose New Member

I gotta say, I'm a little surprised at how quiet this story has been in the past couple of days. Maybe it's just too close on the heels of the Magnotta frenzy, so I expect more coverage/interest.

Also, I only realized yesterday that Liu's estranged husband and two younger children actually live in China. For some reason I was under the impression they were here and she planned to move back to China WITH them. Now I'm almost convinced the story of wanting to be with her estranged husband was a cover story. She had a boyfriend and had just opened a business - it doesn't add up. I think she knew she was in trouble. I wish LE would reveal what they know about that suitcase!

3. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

6. BorgQueen

BorgQueen Eradicated User

7. BorgQueen

8. AudreyRose

AudreyRose New Member

9. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

"Mona" is a name that appeared in at least one of the reviews. So, what's with the women who come here from China for a better life .. "reportedly" returning to China? Did Mona really return to China, or did she end up in a ditch somewhere. Can't help but ponder that there might be an international trafficking thingy going on here.

Is boyfriend K one and the same as the gruff, older dude who watched the building, or is Mr. Gruff someone else (i.e. driver/bodyguard who watches out for the girls' safety or to make sure they do their jobs? Gosh, i guess the word i'm looking for is PIMP?)

10. BorgQueen

I have been wondering about that boyfriend, myself...

11. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

First post on this WS page 3, refers to this case and gangsters, in connection to body parts (pieces of tattoo) found in Michigan sewer.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181974&page=3

12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2012/08/25/20140496.html

"It had to have happened somewhere where the killer had a certain amount of knowledge about the location. It likely happened somewhere that they thought, I can do this here and have every idea that won’t be interrupted,” she said, adding that if it happened in the spa Liu owned, or her home, it could mean the killer was someone she knew that was familiar with those places.

She also points out the gruesome fact that we’re assuming the victim was dismembered post-mortem. Medical examiners will be able to determine whether the dismemberment happened while Liu was already dead or still alive by looking at many factors such as the amount of hemorrhaging that happened and the wounds on the body.

“If they learn she was alive when this happened, that’s a whole new ball game. That’s a total different psychological profile of the killer,” she said.

O’Toole said investigators will likely be studying Liu’s victimology, meaning they’d be looking at all the factors that could have made her a victim of crime. She said from a profiling point of view, the investigator doing the assessment will likely look at the risk level of the victim, through categories of high risk or low risk"

13. matou

matou #los2188

Why would Liu want to go back to China if she would be arrested there? It doesn't make sense. JMO. I afraid that sillybilly could be right and there could be a whole network of stuff going on.

14. BorgQueen

Unless she wasn't going to be arrested in China. Fraudulent refugee claim? (not making any accusations...)

15. AudreyRose

AudreyRose New Member

I hope to God she was dismembered post mortem. I just assumed she was. Yikes :what:

16. erigal80

erigal80 New Member

http://livenews.thestar.com/Event/Toronto_Now_-_August_27_2012

"An arrest has been made in the dismemberment slaying of Hua Guang Liu, Peel Police said.

Details will be released at a noon press conference."

The rest of the article is mostly a recap.
    As a Toronto resident, even if this was an isolated crime, I feel a little more relieved that someone is in custody.

17. 2soccermom

2soccermom Active Member

18. matou

matou #los2188

19. AudreyRose

AudreyRose New Member

WOW - a huge pat on the back for Toronto Police today. That was very quick :aktion: I figured since they were being so quiet, they had somebody in mind. Very very glad that whoever did this won't be able to do it to anyone else.

I hope the arrest brings some peace to everyone involved.

20. matou

matou #los2188