Canada - Janis Ozollapa, 50, Oakville, Ont, 30 Sept 2014

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by deugirtni, Oct 11, 2014.

1. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

OZOLLAPA headshot.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/janis-ozollapa-burlington-resident-missing-since-tuesday-1.2787928

2. Loading...

3. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/4909918-updated-missing-burlington-man-s-truck-located-across-from-oakville-go/

4. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

5. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

6. Deucebag

Deucebag New Member

7. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

8. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

9. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

10. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

I guess there is another missing man, a Karawan Ali, 34, from Kitchener, missing since September 3rd:

http://www.therecord.com/news-story...iously-hurt-truck-driver-charged-after-crash/

11. musicaljoke

musicaljoke New Member

If he parked at the GO Train, wouldn't that suggest that he might have taken the train and gone somewhere? And parking at the back might suggest that he didn't wish to be found, or .. that the lot was full (which may be quite likely).

If he had his truck, there would be no need to take the train from work in Oakville to his home in Burlington. If the cctv show that he drove there himself, then I suspect he has dashed away.

Q'n: Are you required to show ID or pay with a credit card to get a ticket on the GO Train?

12. musicaljoke

musicaljoke New Member

Although, it is a fairly old truck, and he might have had a breakdown so that he couldn't drive it home ...

No cell phone?

13. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Active Member

No. You can pay cash or use a credit card. Go Trains are just for commuter traffic within the southern Ontario region. No ID is required.

If you have a vehicle why take the train? I'd only be taking the train if I was heading into Toronto because of all the construction and traffic chaos.

I don't think the body found in Guelph would be Janis. Again, why park by the Go Train on the which is the Lakeshore line heading east/west and then somehow end up quite a bit north and NOT on the Go Line?

I'm guessing he headed into Toronto. You can get anywhere from Toronto via bus, plane, etc. That's the transportation hub.

14. loveisthemovement

loveisthemovement New Member

15. loveisthemovement

loveisthemovement New Member

Don't think you need I.D. but he could have paid with a credit card, if he bought a ticket. I imagine they would have video of that, if he did indeed buy a ticket and get on a train.

16. Unscripted

Unscripted New Member

An article from a Latvian newspaper today:
    http://www.kasjauns.lv/lv/zinas/168070/kanada-bez-vests-pazudis-jelgavnieks-janis-ozollapa

Friends and family say disappearance is out of character and he’s not suicidal.
    Two grown children in Latvia and Norway.
    Recently visited a "Canadian citizen passport portal”.
    Co-owns ice rinks in Latvian hometown of Jelgava and was founder and 1st president of Latvian Curling Assn.
    Living and working in Canada for 6 years.

17. Elainera

Elainera Active Member

From the article:

"Halton Regional Police found Janis Ozollapa's Chevrolet Avalanche with the licence plate "OZOLLAPA" on Friday, near the Lighting Centre on Cross Avenue in Oakville.

Video surveillance from Oct. 1 at 5:25 a.m. showed an unidentified male running west on Cross from the lighting retailer.

In addition, the video showed three vehicles travelling east at the same time the person was running west. Police want to talk to the drivers of those vehicles: a motorcycle, a pickup truck and a taxi cab."

How odd. Did he run to catch a train or is the station in another direction?

18. Unscripted

Unscripted New Member

Here’s a bit of a case map to help with directions:
    Janis Ozollapa, missing from Burlington, Ontario since September 30th, 2014: http://goo.gl/maps/dHnCG

19. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Active Member

The Train Station is south from the Lighting Store. He could be running west to the traffic lights and then head across the street to the train station but the station is right across the road. He would have to walk through the station parking lot to get to the actual station. People RUN for the trains all the time. It's what we do! I'm pretty sure that they have CCTV Cameras at the Go Station. If he went there they would have video I would think.

Running west would take him to a subway that runs under the Highway heading north and back up into north Oakville. If he continued west along Cross he would follow the road down a winding hill to skirt past Sixteen Mile Creek which is a fairly big wide creek that runs into Lake Ontario to the south.

20. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

When I read that, I was not assuming the 'running man' was Ozallapa. It says 'unidentified male'.. why do we think that would be Ozollapa? They knew what Ozallapa was wearing when he went missing, and they know his baldness, etc., his height, his build, his appearance.. if it were him in the video, why would he be 'unidentified'? LE are generally petty good at deciphering video, aren't they? Why weren't we shown the video? (or were we, but I haven't come across it??). If the 'unidentified male' running in the video was NOT Ozallapa, then would LE also be asking for the unidentified male to come forward, or would it be assumed he was a perp and wouldn't come forward?

21. deugirtni

deugirtni Active Member

Thanks for the map.. all of the little icons are all mushed together on my screen, and I can't seem to make it larger to separate them.. any tricks?