GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

"Arrested," questioned, released, but still primary suspect. So he's a POI, but not enough to charge him? Or hold him?

Man questioned by police in relation to Calgary double homicide speaks to media

He's a bit of a dumb criminal. His name was not released to the public, but now it is.

This is interesting (from your link):

"He said she and her daughter are tenants and had been living there for about seven months. Leeming has lived in the home for five years."​

So she was renting a room in his townhouse, and they were intimate but not in a relationship - according to him.

Last edited:
He's a bit of a dumb criminal. His name was not released to the public, but now it is.

"He said she and her daughter are tenants and had been living there for about seven months. Leeming has lived in the home for five years."​

So she was renting a room in his townhouse, and they were intimate but not in a relationship - according to him.
Yep. And yep.

So his intimate but non-relationship tenant (even if it’s true why the need to demean the victim by making her essentially meaningless to him - he’s distancing imo) and her 2 yr old child are believed murdered and he’s whining to the media because CPS inconvenienced when he came home drunk from the bar.

This is his expression of concern:
“I hope she’s alright, you know,” he said. “I mean what do you do, right?”

I agree, he’s not smart enough to evade charges if guilty.

‘Primary suspect’ released as police continue search for Jasmine Lovett, Aliyah Sanderson

Also really clever to get plastered and give interviews to the media.

The search area is expanding but good to know tips are being received.

“Cellphone tower pings from electronic devices have led police to search for signs of the mother and daughter in the communities of Bragg Creek and Priddis west of Calgary.......

......He said there have been dozens of tips from the public since Wednesday, adding any information from the public could lead to a break in the case.

Schiavetta said there are “a lot of similarities” between this case and the murders of Sara Baillie and her daughter, Taliyah Marsman, in 2016.

“A lot of the investigators that are currently working this file also worked that one, and obviously any investigation involving a child is extremely difficult,” he said. “A lot of the members within the homicide unit have children themselves.”

No 'footprints of life' from missing mom, daughter; search focuses on area west of Bragg Creek

I live in the next neighbourhood over and Cranston absolutely does not have low income housing. There are million dollar homes. I actually drove through yesterday going to my dog groomers and didn't see any police. Also, the main road there is just a blvd through the neighbourhood, not a freeway.

I’m familiar with Cranston as well and in the link just above the condo development is referred to as Cranston Mosiac. I agree, it’s definitely not low income housing.

Good timeline here with some updated info:

Timeline: Suspected double homicide investigation of missing mother Jasmine Lovett, daughter Aliyah Sanderson

Start of timeline/ Name of POI changed to initials RL

Here is a timeline of the investigation into the disappearance of Lovett and Sanderson:

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 — The last time Lovett and Sanderson are heard from, according to Calgary police. In a public plea for information, police said the pair lived in Cranston and had regular contact with family.

Tuesday, April 16-18, 2019 — When speaking to Global News on April 26, RL gave conflicting dates on which he last saw Lovett and Sanderson alive. In one interview at around 5:30 p.m., RL said he last saw the pair on April 18. However, in a second interview about three hours later, he said he last saw them both on April 16 and 17.

READ MORE: Man questioned by police in relation to Calgary double homicide speaks to media

RL said he went to Bragg Creek with both of them, had a drink at a picnic area and then drove them home. He also said he was in an intimate relationship with Lovett, but she was not his girlfriend.

"Arrested," questioned, released, but still primary suspect. So he's a POI, but not enough to charge him? Or hold him?

Man questioned by police in relation to Calgary double homicide speaks to media

From your link ...

"Speaking with Global News later Friday evening, and appearing to still be intoxicated, Leeming said the entire situation was “terrible.”

"When asked if he was the person responsible for the homicides, Leeming said: “course not, course not.”

"When asked why pings from his cellphone were what led investigators to the Bragg Creek area, he said he took Lovett and Sanderson to a picnic area in Bragg Creek and then brought them back to his Cranston home."

From your link ...

"Speaking with Global News later Friday evening, and appearing to still be intoxicated, Leeming said the entire situation was “terrible.”

"When asked if he was the person responsible for the homicides, Leeming said: “course not, course not.”

"When asked why pings from his cellphone were what led investigators to the Bragg Creek area, he said he took Lovett and Sanderson to a picnic area in Bragg Creek and then brought them back to his Cranston home."

I suppose the Bragg Creek trip was on April 16.

He sounds like he's from the UK, and a quick search of his name connects him to fleet management. The advantage for police is that someone from the UK is not familiar with rural areas surrounding Calgary, which is probably why he put the bodies in a popular recreation area rather than a truly isolated location.

From your link ...

What is that we call it? Oh yeah - hinky meter. Definitely tingling.

He sounds like he's from the UK, and a quick search of his name connects him to fleet management. The advantage for police is that someone from the UK is not familiar with rural areas surrounding Calgary, which is probably why he put the bodies in a popular recreation area rather than a truly isolated location.

I’d be curious how he explained away the sudden absence of his tenant and her child to LE, given their intimate non-relationship, as JL wasn’t reported missing by her family until Apr 23rd.

Or is he claiming he was on a bender throughout all those days, all one big blur.

<respectfully snipped>

Schiavetta said there are “a lot of similarities” between this case and the murders of Sara Baillie and her daughter, Taliyah Marsman, in 2016.

“A lot of the investigators that are currently working this file also worked that one, and obviously any investigation involving a child is extremely difficult,” he said. “A lot of the members within the homicide unit have children themselves.”

No 'footprints of life' from missing mom, daughter; search focuses on area west of Bragg Creek

I think we've all been thinking that there are a lot of similarities. What we hope is that Jasmine was not forced into prostitution, and that she and her daughter were not murdered because she wanted out.

He actually worked at Paradise Truck and Trailer. He was fired on Thursday. Both per Global News" ‘Primary suspect’ released as police continue search for Jasmine Lovett, Aliyah Sanderson And he's from UK. Per one of his interviews, he's been in Calgary since 2013 and is a permanent resident, but not a Canadian Citizen.

He actually worked at Paradise Truck and Trailer. He was fired on Thursday. Both per Global News" ‘Primary suspect’ released as police continue search for Jasmine Lovett, Aliyah Sanderson And he's from UK. Per one of his interviews, he's been in Calgary since 2013 and is a permanent resident, but not a Canadian Citizen.

He's a Fleet Manager, or he was.

If he and Jasmine had a terrible fight and he killed her in the moment, he really should have called a lawyer and turned himself in. Second degree murder in Canada is 10 years. He would have been given a lot of credit for turning himself in and sparing the little girl. As it is now, he could easily be facing consecutive sentencing with first degree charges (25 years) on murdering the little girl. He will be deported as soon as he is released from prison.

Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself here, but even with the little we have heard from the suspect and his changing timelines, I think police have the right suspect.

He's a Fleet Manager, or he was.

If he and Jasmine had a terrible fight and he killed her in the moment, he really should have called a lawyer and turned himself in. Second degree murder in Canada is 10 years. He would have been given a lot of credit for turning himself in and sparing the little girl. As it is now, he could easily be facing consecutive sentencing with first degree charges (25 years) on murdering the little girl. He will be deported as soon as he is released from prison.

Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself here, but even with the little we have heard from the suspect and his changing timelines, I think police have the right suspect.

I think the fleet manager is very likely a different person. In one of the drunken interviews, Leeming stated that he was unloading the tools from the job from which he'd been fired when the police arrived at his home. He also mentioned in one of the interviews that he sometimes took care of the little girl. Maybe "something" happened to her and Jasmine came home and it went from there. The quickest way out of town (I was born in Calgary and lived there most of my life) from Cranston is 22x--headed west to the Foothills, Priddis and Bragg Creek. The purchase of the mulch was likely made at one of the nearby big box stores, which would have surveillance video. The condos look to have no private yards, so explaining away that purchase is going to be difficult.

I think the fleet manager is very likely a different person. In one of the drunken interviews, Leeming stated that he was unloading the tools from the job from which he'd been fired when the police arrived at his home. He also mentioned in one of the interviews that he sometimes took care of the little girl. Maybe "something" happened to her and Jasmine came home and it went from there. The quickest way out of town (I was born in Calgary and lived there most of my life) from Cranston is 22x--headed west to the Foothills, Priddis and Bragg Creek. The purchase of the mulch was likely made at one of the nearby big box stores, which would have surveillance video. The condos look to have no private yards, so explaining away that purchase is going to be difficult.

I suspect that he is trying to portray himself as "Mr Mom" by claiming that he looked after the little girl. They were tenants, according to him. He stated that he'd been intimate with Jasmine, but she's not his girlfriend. What exactly was she then? Did she know that they were not in a relationship? Did he try to contact his tenants or their family when they vanished? What did he think when his non-girlfriend and her daughter went out on the evening of April 18 and never returned? Or was it April 17 or 16 when this happened? He had a job, so presumably he can figure out when they were last at home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back