Canada - Jeremy Cook, 18, shot to death, London, Ont, 14 June 2015

The Special Investigations Unit said an autopsy is taking place on the body today in Ottawa and added that it has not yet been positively identified.

An arrest warrant was issued for Sultan on June 19 and police said in a release Thursday that they are monitoring the Ottawa Police’s investigation and working with their counterparts there to determine if the missing man is in fact Sultan.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2081910/a...iver-may-be-connected-to-london-teens-murder/

Mr. Sultan should realize LE are going to release whatever names they can of those involved in these cases, with the hope of catching all suspects. Apparently LE do not have the names of the other two or they would release the names also. Bottom line is, as far as the law goes, if you are with someone when they commit murder, you stand the chance of also being charged with murder. If MSS was the driver and not the shooter, the end result was JC ended up deceased in part because of MSS's reckless act of driving away with JC clinging to the car door precipitating or aiding in JC's death. It states in numerous MSM articles, JC grabbed onto the driver's door as the driver hit the gas. I have to wonder what details are missing. How is it possible JC could hold onto the car door for the great distance in which the car travelled, making two turns? Was he half leaning into the car trying to retrieve his cell phone and possibly the suspects held onto him? Was he clinging to the bottom or side frame of the Mazda window (rolled down) and being dragged? That IMO would take super strength and I don't believe it's a possibility. Hopefully the witness who was with him knows exactly how it happened. Maybe it was MSS who actually had JC's cell phone and wouldn't give it back. IMO he is then at fault for what the end result turned out to be. At least one of the suspects had bad intentions if not both. One does not go around carrying a gun unless they intend on using it, unless you are a police officer or soldier. At least not in Canada. JMO.

Murder
Murder occurs

(a) where the person who causes the death of a human being
(i) means to cause his death, or
(ii) means to cause him bodily harm that he knows is likely to cause his death, and is reckless whether death ensues or not;
(b) where a person, meaning to cause death to a human being or meaning to cause him bodily harm that he knows is likely to cause his death, and being reckless whether death ensues or not, by accident or mistake causes death to another human being, notwithstanding that he does not mean to cause death or bodily harm to that human being; or
(c) where a person, for an unlawful object, does anything that he knows or ought to know is likely to cause death, and thereby causes death to a human being, notwithstanding that he desires to effect his object without causing death or bodily harm to any human being.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(Canadian_law)

LONDON, Ont. — In the confrontation over a cellphone that left an 18-year-old dead in London, someone other than Muhab Sultan, 23, may have pulled the trigger, London police said Monday.

While authorities worked to identify a body pulled from the Rideau River who may be Sultan, his father questioned why police would issue a nationwide warrant for his son when they aren’t sure if he or someone else pulled the trigger.

“Why did they put the picture out that he was the murderer? He ran away from London because he was scared,” Sultan Sultan said Monday.

Asked if it’s possible the second person fired the gun, London Det.-Supt. Bill Merrylees said, “Have we ruled that out? (At) this point, no.”

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/06/30/father-wants-answers-from-police-in-sons-case

The red star at the bottom represent where JC confronted the suspect with his cell phone, at a McDonald's restaurant, the blue dots represent the path the Mazda drove, transporting JC behind the Shoppers Drug Mart, top red star. According to Google maps, the distance is 550 meters, which is equivalent to seven minutes walking distance. HTH and MOO.

JCroute.jpg

He dies so he can't snitch on his friends who were there when Jeremy was killed? Also, he would have been charged with attempted murder of two police officers.

He dies so he can't snitch on his friends who were there when Jeremy was killed? Also, he would have been charged with attempted murder of two police officers.

MSS likely committed suicide knowing he was going to be found guilty of murder, he had already experience time in jail for other crimes and perhaps vowed to himself he would die before going back to jail/prison. You're right Matou, I never considered attempted murder charges against the police.

One less criminal/murderer in our midst. Good riddance and may he RIH. JMHO.

I'm guessing the London, Ontario police don't have access to DNA testing? Or if they do it would cost more or take longer than dental comparison…

In Ontario, Ontario's Centre of Forensic Sciences and a handful of private labs analyze crime-scene DNA. The police stations don't do DNA testing onsite. It's a good thing too, considering the potential for mix-ups, mistakes, and other skulduggery. Considering that criminal charges often depend upon DNA results, it's good to have a layer of impartiality and auditing. Dental records could be a lot faster than DNA analysis, and generally don't cost anything - just a quick email of the dental x-rays.

MSS likely committed suicide knowing he was going to be found guilty of murder, he had already experience time in jail for other crimes and perhaps vowed to himself he would die before going back to jail/prison. You're right Matou, I never considered attempted murder charges against the police.

One less criminal/murderer in our midst. Good riddance and may he RIH. JMHO.

Maybe he ( and perhaps his supporters) were hoping he would to die " $uicide by cop " style, but he drowned instead?

Maybe he ( and perhaps his supporters) were hoping he would to die " $uicide by cop " style, but he drowned instead?

That could be Dotr. I'm sure MSS's partner in crime is relieved MSS is dead. One less person to reveal his identity. I believe it is only a matter of time before LE catch up with the other two. Why the guy who walked away didn't come forward is puzzling. Sounds like he did the right think by walking away but now by not coming forward, he made it worse for himself. Perhaps he is the one who originally had JC's cell phone and gave it to one of the other two suspects, therefore he believes he's facing serious charges also? MOO.

The province’s Special Investigations Unit says it is seeking a group of women who were on the banks of the Rideau River and flagged down police near the time an accused killer entered the water.

Even before the official identification, Sultan was widely believed to have been the driver who steered his vehicle toward the bicycle officers at Rideau Street and King Edward Avenue. One suffered minor injuries.

Sultan, who had moved to Calgary in 2012 but returned regularly to London, was from a family well known for clashes with police and other authorities.

He said he did not believe his son could be a murderer. The family distrusts police because of previous encounters, said Sultan, who said his son was jailed twice as a teenager.

“We’ve had very bad experiences with police in the past, especially my son,” he said.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/body-found-in-river-identified-as-murder-suspect

RIP Jeremy, you will never be forgotten and justice is coming.

cook___Gallery___Content.jpg

My heart absolutely breaks for Jeremy's loved ones. To think that this young man has been taken from then (and us) is devastating.

Having said that, I get no pleasure from the fact that Sultan has died.

Sometimes life just sucks. (and perhaps that is why I love it...after all, if life wasn't great, why would we care??)

My heart absolutely breaks for Jeremy's loved ones. To think that this young man has been taken from then (and us) is devastating.

Having said that, I get no pleasure from the fact that Sultan has died.

Sometimes life just sucks. (and perhaps that is why I love it...after all, if life wasn't great, why would we care??)

Well as I said Snoopster, now we do not have to fear of MSS getting off of his charges, reduced sentence and back on the streets in about ten years. Personally I find small comfort in this respect. MSS has a serious criminal history; drugs, guns, sexual assault so it will come as no surprise if we find out he was JC's murderer. He also deliberately tried to run over two officers hours before his death, which was his own doing (possible suicide). He was running from the law because he was guilty and feared being found guilty having to spend many years in prison, something he already had a taste of and didn't like. MOO.

Video with SS being interview via telephone by Global News reporter.

OTTAWA POLICE

June 30, 2015 11:25 am
Body found in Rideau River identified as man wanted in London teen’s murder

SS blames the London and Ottawa LE for his son's death saying they are the ones who killed him because they scared him off. They say he's the suspect, the murderer. BUT SS acknowledges his son had a long history with London police. When MSS found out he was a suspect, he called his father and told him he was going to run. SS tried to talk him out of it and insisted they would get him a good lawyer, but MSS was too scared. SS claims London police told him his son was not the shooter of JC, but Global News was not able to confirm SS's claims with London Police. SS does not trust what Ottawa Police say happened the day MSS died in regards to MSS hitting the two officers on bikes with his car. SS also claims MSS was a very good swimmer and LE were chasing him so his heart was beating so fast and he doesn't know if LE did something bad to MSS and again SS said he doesn't trust LE.

Do I smell the makings of a lawsuit coming on? :rolleyes: MOO.

http://globalnews.ca/tag/muhab-sultanaly-sultan/

And another video, SS speaking with reporter in person.

June 30, 2015
Father of accused in fatal shooting of Brampton teen says son is innocent

When police issued a warrant on the arrest of MSS he called his dad. MSS told his dad a stupid person shot somebody and he didn't do it. MSS told his dad he was in the car but wasn't the killer. MSS told his father he was shocked when this happened. The reporter then asked why MSS was in the car with a guy with a gun then. SS said his son wasn't going to search everybody to find out if they had a gun or not, saying MSS didn't even know there was a gun. MSS wouldn't talk to his dad about the stolen phone and said he wasn't going to be a rat. SS describes MSS as a loving father and an athlete who played basketball.

SS said he feels the pain for JC's family. But he wants them to know that MSS had nothing to do with it, his son was not the shooter, which Global News has not been able to confirm with London Police.

http://globalnews.ca/tag/muhab-sultanaly-sultan/

Interesting details in the Global News videos which I didn't see prior to now. JMO.

LONDON SHOOTING

June 19, 2015 9:13 pm

Titled: Police issue arrest warrant for Calgary man in slaying of Ontario teen

Reporter claims JC tracked his cell phone to a Tim Horton's parking lot. Other reports claim he tracked it to a McDonald's restaurant parking lot.

Reporter claims as JC tried to hang onto the car and one of the men inside shot him. Other reports claim he held onto the car and was drag a fair distance behind a plaza on the opposite side of Highbury Avenue.

Reporter claims LE released the photo of the man who pulled the trigger. Of recent, other reports claim LE do not know who pulled the trigger...yet. An officer spoke saying, "at this point only one charge has been set out for second degree murder and that's for MSS. There are other investigative leads we're looking at there is a second suspect that we haven't ID yet, and we're hoping to do so with continued investigation and input from the public and there is a third body that we would like to speak to as well."

Reporter said MSS describes himself as a fast rising Canadian entrepreneur but the on line moving company MSS claimed to own has two addresses linked to it...neither address exists.

MOO.

Family of Jeremy Cook issues statement

The family of 18-year-old Jeremy Cook has broken their silence through a statement on a ******** page for the late teen.

“We would like to personally thank the London and Ottawa police departments for their dedication and diligence in investigating the death of our son Jeremy,” reads the statement.

The ******** page has raised $39,000 to date. In the statement the family says that they “are without words for the incredible generosity of our family, friends, as well as complete strangers who have heard Jeremy’s story…”

“Our family is putting our faith and complete trust in the many police departments involved and the job that they are doing in order to find the truth and we believe there will be justice for Jeremy.”

http://london.ctvnews.ca/family-of-jeremy-cook-issues-statement-1.2451895

I just want to say that Swedie...you've been doing a fantastic job holding down the fort in this thread.

To think that this young man was taken so needlessly is horrible....every parent's nightmare.

Thanks again for helping us keep an eye on this case. :cheers:

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing MSS would not tell his father who the actual killer was if he himself did not kill JC. I just don't buy it. IMO SS is trying to paint his son as a scared, innocent, guy who would do no wrong, when in fact he had a criminal past.

Things add up IMO. In 2011, MSS was charged with carrying a firearm, ammunition and drugs, so it seems obvious he would do it again. As the saying goes, a leopard doesn't change its spots. I don't buy SS's claim MSS was scared and evading LE. MSS had a criminal past but if he wasn't guilty, there is no way he would take the rap for someone else's wrong doing. He would have gone to LE and put the blame where it rightfully belonged, to heck with being a rat or snitch. MSS had no idea what evidence LE had regarding JC's murder. They could have had surveillance showing who the shooter was...and maybe they do, but they are not going to reveal it until the other suspect(s) is caught. MSS deliberately tried to murder the two officer in a way to escape capture. This doesn't sound like someone who fears LE IMHO.

IMO there may come a day when SS will have to admit his son is a cold blooded murderer. To deny when SS does not have the facts, supposedly only his son's word, he should not be so quick to defend his son with a seedy past. After all, MSS was not found innocent in the past, the charges were dropped. Sounds very fishy, no pun intended, that SS is blaming LE for his son's drowning. He's very wrong in that regard. Residents had called LE saying a suspicious male was seen in their neighbourhood. MSS was already in the river when LE arrived. Therefore he was trying to escape capture. It is not LE's fault MSS either panicked and drown, or committed suicide. He entered the river on his own free will, trying to evade LE.
ALL MOO.

Police have told The Free Press they haven’t ruled out that someone other than Muhab Sultan may have fired the fatal shot or shots.

The elder Sultan, who ran a taxi business here before moving out west, pleaded with the man who walked away just before the shooting to come forward.

“I’ll tell him, he’s a good person with a good heart,” he said. “I plead for him to come (to police) for the sake of Muhab. Come and be honest. We need the truth to come out.”

Sultan Sultan said his son, while on the run, contacted him and swore he didn’t shoot Cook.

“He said, ‘Do you trust me?’ I said, ‘Of course,’ ” the father recalled. “(He said) ‘I didn’t do it. I was in shock when it happened in front of my eyes.’”

But what his son didn’t say — the name of the person with him — stands out.

“Muhab did not want to tell me who shot the gun,” Sultan said. “The mentality (among young people) is you will be a rat or a snitch and you will not have any friends.”

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/07/02/f...sought-in-cell-phone-homicide-to-come-forward

That first encounter around 4 p.m., resulted in police chase through Sandy Hill that ended when he abandoned his car on Wiggins Private and fled. At approximately 7:15 p.m., residents of the Range Rd. area called police to report a suspicious man in their neighbourhood. When they arrived, Sultan was already in the Rideau River, swimming away.

Two cops went into the water after him, but he disappeared under the water and was presumed drowned.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/06/30/body-in-rideau-river-iided-as-london-murder-suspect-muhab-sultan

Muhab went to London Ontario to spend some time with family and friends before going back to his business. Unfortunately Muhab was at the wrong place at the wrong time when a tragic shooting occurred. Muhab's pursuit of happiness ended tragically when he soon became a suspect of a murder which he did not commit!!

The entire Story the night of the shooting and the day of his death is a blur and it is the uncertainty of his death that puts his family and friends in great pain. Muhab is a great guy and would not commit such a crime!

Cannot link as this is a fundraising site for MSS's family. Copy and paste will allow you to find the site. IMHO this is so inappropriate on so many levels and should not be allowed as MSS is an alleged murder suspect and that is not what these fund raising groups are for. It irks me to read supporters are claiming MSS is a victim just as JC was and proclaiming his innocence when in fact they do not know the facts. There is absolutely no comparison between MSS and JC IMHO. MSS took his own life whether his family and supporters want to believe it or not. MSS was not about to be captured and face prison time, he was taking the truth to his grave. What MSS supporters fail to understand or take into consideration, MSS could have wanted to commit suicide. JC had no criminal background, while MSS has a lengthy background. Just gross and disturbing to say the least and glad to see there are not many supporters in MSS's case. The truth will prevail and justice will be served. ALL MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back